A Good Guy

Confessions

Sorry guys, I forgot to tell you that most of this story will be in Taehyun’s POV.

So, please bear with me. And I didn’t proof read it. So, here we go!

 

 

Still in Taehyun’s POV

 

It had been three weeks since my first reunion with Seungyoon. I still went to Blossom sometimes with Mino, but Seungyoon hadn’t joined us again even for once. Last week I encouraged myself to text him, to ask whether he could meet us again for lunch on weekend. After waiting for some torturing minutes, he replied my message.

Hi Taehyun-ah, sorry I can’t go. I’ll be outstation this weekend. I’ll text you instead once I’m back later. Thx for asking, anyway.

That was why I was here, in a line for a movie ticket. I decided to spend my Saturday alone, enjoying the cinema. For everybody was unluckily busy with their own things. I was about to find a seat in the cinema café after getting a drink when someone called my name.

“Taehyun? Taehyun-ah!”

I snapped my head, looking for the voice. Then I saw somebody. There near the entrance, Jinhwan was waving his hand and smiling at me. I felt a sudden nervous seeing him walking toward me. Keeping myself composed, I put a smile on my face.

“Hi Jinhwan. How are you? Are you going for a movie as well?”

“Hi, yeah I’m good. I see you’re doing great too”, he smiled, “Are you alone?”

“Yeah, just feeling like to spend my time alone. Besides, Mino’s got to pick up his sister this afternoon. She will be having a week holiday here for her school break.”

“Her sister…Dana? She’s a college student now, right? Wow, the last time I saw her she was still a kid. I bet she’s a beauty now, isn’t she? After all, their mom is pretty.” Jinhwan grinned after making the so-obvious statement, knowing Mino was a fool for his mom and sister.

That made me snickered too. “Hahaha…be careful. Mino won’t be pleased to hear you talk flirty bout his mom and sister.”

Hearing my words, Jinhwan laughed while agreeing it.

That time, I realized that Jinhwan was holding two movie tickets.

“Hey, I see you have two tickets. Where is your friend? What movie are you going in?”

“Oh this. It’s that romance movie playing at 3, my friend wanted to watch this but then she is the one who come late. She should be here by now, but I haven’t seen her around.” He said while looking around for his said-friend. When he found nothing, he took out his phone and acted as typing a message, then put it back in his pocket after sending it.

“I’ve texted her that I would wait for her here in the café, so she should know where to find me. So, what about we sit there while waiting for my friend?” he said and pointed at two vacant seats in the corner. “What’s your movie?” I showed my ticket to him. “Ah, you still have time before your movie start, don’t you?”

I looked at my watch and confirmed that I still had 15 minutes before the cinema door was open.

“Yes, I guess. Let’s sit there.” I smiled and walked there with him.

I put my drink on the small table and unconsciously stared at the person in front of me who was still staring at his phone. I felt something was burdening my heart. A heavy feeling was starting to creep inside me, reminded me of a curiosity that had been bugging me for quite a long time, something that I just couldn’t voice out. For few seconds, I tried to opt out that feeling. He felt my stare and raised his face to look at me as well.

“What’s wrong? Do you need something?”

I was startled hearing the question. I should’ve been more composed when there were other people around me.

“Ah, no. Sorry..I was just thinking of something. Never mind me.” I tried to reassure him.

We chatted for a while. Not long after, his friend who he introduced as Jisoo – his workmate – came with series of sorry, telling something about traffic and so on. At the same time, a lady voice announcing that my cinema door had opened took me in alert of my own movie schedule.

“Hey guys, I think my movie’s gonna start soon. I have to leave now” I told the two people who were still arguing about the lateness while standing up and be ready to leave the seat.

Jinhwan was the first to notice me. “Is it? What time will your movie finish?”

I looked back at the ticket on my hand and told him the time.

“Oh, I think our movie will be shorter than yours because it will end in not a longer time after yours. What about grabbing some meal later? I mean after the movie. You don’t have another plan, do you?’ Jinhwan asked me expectantly.

I hesitated for a moment, but then I decided to put aside my uneasy feeling. I told myself that this heavy feeling was my own problem, and Jinhwan didn’t need to know about this. So, I smiled at him.

“Sure. I will wait for you here after the movie finish. How about that?”

“Cool. We’ll see you later. Now go to your movie! You don’t wanna miss the beginning of it”

“Ok, see you guys!” I left the two people and entered studio 1, where my movie would play.

Once I settled on my seat and put my drink in its place, I was back on my thoughts. Luckily, the movie hadn’t started so I had time to put my anxiety away. I wonder how I could feel that way whenever I saw or heard things about Jinhwan. Well, I guess it was about the unanswered questions related to him and Seungyoon. And I decided to not think about them and just enjoyed my movie at the moment.

======================================================================================================================

As promised, we went to a restaurant near the cinema after the movies. It was only me and Jinhwan since Jisoo got a call from his mom saying she needed her help urgently. So when we finished ordering our meals, there was a sudden silent between us. I thought over of what to say to him, but Jinhwan beat me.

“So how’s your work? And you guys still meet up on weekends?”

“Work? Oh yeah, it’s great. It’s only been two months and I’m still adapting but it’s fine. And we still meet each other on weekends. It’s just today Mino can’t make it so we decided to meet tomorrow instead. I think Mino will bring Dana too. Hey, you should join us too. I mean, if you don’t have plans tomorrow”

“Tomorrow? Hmm..let’s see. My friend told me that he might need a help tomorrow but he hasn’t confirmed it yet. So yeah, I’ll go if I don’t have any tomorrow.” He smiled at me.

I nodded, confirming the plan. “Sounds good!” Suddenly he asked a thing that made me a little bit uneasy, but good for me that I was able to cover it up.

“Does Seungyoon often meet you guys too?”

“Huh? Seungyoon? Uh…no?”

“No?”

“I mean..he came once to have lunch with us in Blossom. But he hasn’t come again. I think he’s busy” I tried to look convincing in front of him.

He looked down and stared at his hands.

“Busy..yeah” Then his smile suddenly appeared on his face, as if he had quickly changed his personality. “Well then, glad to hear that he was able to meet you guys at least once. He is always busy. I think he needs to have more fun in his life hahaha…”

‘Fun?’ I thought. Suddenly, I really wanted to ask something to Jinhwan.

“Hey, Jinhwan-ah. Do you mind if I ask you something?”

“Um..” He nodded. “What is it?”

“Hmm…I heard you were close with Seungyoon this past year. Ah..sorry..I didn’t mean to pry your personal thing. I just heard about few things back then in our hometown.”

“Hahaha..that’s fine, Taehyun-ah. I know rumours always spread fast in our neighbours. Like how people thought that you and Seungyoon were a couple back then, huh?” he chuckled.

My face felt a little bit warm hearing his sentences. Was I blushing? I didn’t even want to know about it.

“That was just a rumour. We were just good friends. Our friends know that.” I stated the obviously-unconvincing-matter of fact…maybe for me.

“Hahaha…I know. But you guys were indeed very close. I think I rarely saw you guys separated for a long time, huh?” He snickered.

“Hey! I asked you a question first! Why are you teasing me instead?” I pouted slightly.

He laughed, I laughed. Then I suddenly felt my burden was lifted up. I became comfortable talking to Jinhwan. And I just realized that Jinhwan was okay. After all, we were friends in the music club back then.

“Hahaha..OK..OK..But, can we talk while having our meals? I think it’s coming now” He pointed to a waitress who was indeed walking to our table with a tray full of foods.

“Sure!” I nodded in agreement.

===========================================================================

 

A snippet flashback of Seungyoon’s POV

Thursday. Lunch time was almost over and I got ready to get back to the office. Before I had a chance to stand up, my phone buzzed. A text had come.

From : Nam Taehyun

Kang Seungyoon..Hi!

Sorry I haven’t got a chance to reply your text. No need to thank me, because I’m glad I can meet you too. Anyway, do you want to meet up again in Blossom this Saturday? The boys keep telling me to ask you to come.

I stared at my phone and kept re-reading the words. Nam Taehyun.

I was about to agree to meet him, but then I remembered that I was going to another city for few days, starting tomorrow. I sighed and replied the message.

To : Nam Taehyun

Hi. I would love to, but I’m afraid I can’t. I’m working outstation this weekend.

How about I called you once I get back here after the work? And we can re-arrange everything later.

Just that. Then I walked back to my office. Not long after, he sent another reply.

From : Nam Taehyun

Ah, you’re still the same. A dedicated person for his work J

That’s alright. Just text me when you have time later, OK? C ya!

I smiled, and chanting his name on my mind. Nam Taehyun.

======================================================================================================================

 

Sorry if I haven’t revealed more stuffs about Seungyoon. I will open up more about him step by step, in next chapters.

And sorry if it always took quite a long time to update this. To be honest, something came up and it was related to a person who might or might not be my muse..my sole muse. Things happened to this person and I didn’t know what to write while worrying about that person. In the other side, I really wanted to update this sooner. Well yeah, I will find a way anyway.

For my keyboard smash buddy chanyeolsneighbor : Thank you & Hwaiting!

Thanks a lot for all your support. I’m really glad you guys want to read this story J

Please let me know if you have things to say about this story, suggestions, correction, whatever it is. It would be my pleasure to hear things from you guys. Thank you J