Saturday's Anxiety

Confessions

The sunrays came through the soft curtains, warmness started to slip into the room.

Taehyun blinked his eyes, realizing it was late enough for him to wake up after the sun rose.

He was a morning person. He liked to get everything prepared before the day, even on weekends.

That was why he felt wrong to wake up at this hour, 8 am, after he peeked on his clock on his bedside table.

He tried to get up when a sudden pain flicked on his head. Damn! He finally remembered what had happened last night. He had been drunk of only three glasses of beer. He wasn’t a strong drinker. And he remembered vaguely how Mino tried to stop him before he took another glass, and then finally lost his consciousness.

Lying back on his bed, he massaged his temple, trying to pull everything out of his mind.

He sighed. ‘I knew I shouldn’t have drunk that beer’.

After clearing up his head enough, he got up and looked for his phone which he found on his work desk, a note was attached on it.

Taehyun-ah, I told you not to drink too much! What happened to you?

Remind me to stop you when we ought to have beers meeting again later, okay?!

Anyway, take this medicine next to your phone. And make sure to have a glass of ginger tea. It’s good for your hangover.

Let me know if you’re better enough later. We will have lunch at Blossom today.

--- Mino ---

He looked at the medicine and found his keys next to it. He took it to the kitchen, and took a glass of water.

It took 5 minutes to make sure that the medicine worked before he dashed to the bathroom to freshen up.

He decided to make a cup of coffee instead of ginger tea, thinking that it suited more for the pancake he was making for breakfast.

While having his peaceful time of breakfast, he couldn’t help but recalled the events last night.

The reason why he needed glasses of beers despite Mino’s nag.

==================================================================================

Taehyun’s POV

“It’s Taehyun..Nam Taehyun”

 “Taehyunie?” Seungyoon sounded surprised. But wait..did he just call me Taehyunie? I thought he forgot how he used to call me back then. I was stunned.

“How do you..”

“Jinhwan gave me your numbers” I replied quickly, knowing what he wanted to ask.

“Jinhwan?”

“Yeah, we are kinda having a small reunion, with Mino, Seunghoon, Jinwoo, Hanbin and Bobby”.

I looked at the others only to realize that they were smiling expectantly at me, including Jinhwan.

“You are meeting them. Does it mean you’re in Seoul right now?”

“Yeah, It’s been two weeks.”

“Oh, I see”

Silence came between us before Seunghoon nudged me and mouthed something about asking him to come.

“A..anyway, where are you now? Are you busy?”

“Now? Why?”

“Umm..the kids..and I..We are going somewhere to have some fun tonight. I wonder if you can join us”

Mino and Bobby started to whisper noises, ‘Don’t ask..Just tell him to come!’

“Who is that?” I was startled. I didn’t know that Seungyoon would hear them.

“It..It’s Mino and Bobby. Uh..you are..kinda on loud speaker. Sorry”

“Oh haha..” He chuckled. “It’s fine. But I don’t..”

“Urgh..Come on Seungyoon-ah. Come with us! Don’t work too hard! You need to loosen up!” Mino and Bobby started shouting at the phone, while the others also started to make noises.

“Haha..I’m sorry guys. I don’t think I can make it. I still have works to do and I don’t know what time I will finish it all”

At the same time, Jinwoo snatched my phone. “Seungyoon-ah, this is Jinwoo”

“Oh hi Jinwoo. How are you?”

“I’m good. But seriously, Taehyun is finally here now, don’t you wanna see him? Because I know you guys haven’t seen each other for a long time”

My eyes went wider hearing Jinwoo’s statement. I was nervous. I just hoped nobody would find it.

Seungyoon didn’t answer immediately. And I just couldn’t think what his answer would be.

“Umm..yeah. But I’m really sorry. I can’t make it tonight. It is so sudden and I can’t leave my works just like that. I promise I will let you guys know when I have free time. How about that?”

Everybody sighed and shrugged. Oddly enough, I felt relieved but slightly disappointed at the same time. Many things came up in my minds and I didn’t realize that Jinwoo already finished talking with Seungyoon until I felt my phone shoved to my palm.

I just thought Mino felt my discomfort because he suddenly draped his arms on my shoulder and said, “Well, seems like Seungyoon will join us next time. Shall we go now? We don’t wanna waste tonight, right? Come on!”

Bobby and Hanbin shouted agreements.

Not long after, we were in a VIP karaoke room, taking turns in singing and betting on who would get the highest score. I did enjoy the night, but somehow I felt something was missing. I felt uneasy for the thought that Seungyoon might still want to avoid me. I felt that I shouldn’t have been here in the first place if it would only made Seungyoon getting further.

That thought made me slightly frustrated. I felt that it was useless for me moving to this city, to finally being in one city with him, even though that wasn’t the main reason as why I moved here. But still…

I felt tired minding of the same things. That was when I saw glasses of beers on the table in front of me. I took one, finished it all in one go. I felt dizzy, but it didn’t stop me for taking another glass.

I was about to take another one when a hand stop my hand which hold the glass. I couldn’t even recognize who it was, but I guessed it was Mino's. My vision was blurred. I swatted the hand and drank my look-like- third glass of beer. Right after that, I felt so weird. I didn’t recognize anything except feeling that someone shook my shoulders. And everything was black.

==================================================================================

Still Taehyun’s POV

I groaned, finally picturing what had happened in the karaoke room. I was mad at myself for not being able to keep the negative thoughts away from me. And I also felt slightly guilty for abandoning my friends. I felt the need to apologize if I met them later.

At that time, my phone went off. I reached for it and saw a message.

‘Hey, are you awake?’

It was Mino.

‘Yes, I am. What is it? Anyway, who brought me home last night?’

‘Me, Seunghoon and Jinwoo. Say thank to us later but get prepared for now. I’ll be there in 30 minutes’

‘Why would you come here?’

‘I told you in the note that we’re going to Blossom for lunch, duh! I’m off to your apartment now’

Lunch? Then I remembered the note on my desk this morning. I sighed. ‘Well, better than nothing to do for today’

==================================================================================

Blossom was busy. But what did we expect? It was Saturday and lunch hour.

Mino and I were looking for an empty table when a waiter called Jaehee – we knew him already – approached and told us where to go, saying that ‘Jinwoo hyung has saved a table in the corner for you guys’.

We went to the corner and found a table with five chairs and a “reserved” sign on it.

Jaehee took our order and told us that Jinwoo would join us soon after he finished most of the orders. When I asked about Seunghoon, he told me that it was his day off. And Mino added that Seunghoon would come soon. And right, Seunghoon came to our table later when we were still waiting for our order. Jinwoo also finished his works and change shift with other worker to finally joined us.

The food came and we were about to start dig in when I realize there was one empty chair next to me. I thought maybe someone who was queuing for their lunch would be willing to use it.

“Jinwoo-yah, this chair is not used. I think your staff put it wrongly here. We can give it to the queuing customer”

“What? Oh no, somebody will come to join us. I think he will be here in a minute”

“Who? Jinhwan? Or Hanbin?”

“No. Yah, Mino, You haven’t told him?”

Mino was munching his pasta when I turned to look at him. He finished it and said “Sorry I forgot it.” While grinning.

Jinwoo sighed. “Seungyoon will be here, Taehyun-ah. He called last night, and told us that he can meet us today and asked if we can meet for lunch. He called your phone but you were already wasted so Mino answered it instead. And yeah, so we decided to meet here.”

I was shocked. My mouth was opened. ‘He called my phone?’

I took my phone and checked my call register right away.

‘Kang Seung Yoon - 1 received : 00.06 am, 20 mins 05 secs’

My brain was freezed. ‘He did called. Why didn’t I even realize it this morning? Ah, I didn’t check my call register. Damn!’

I hadn’t even got a chance to ask more about the call when somebody sat on the chair next to mine.

“Hi guys”, and that person turned at me, “Hi, Taehyunie”, and he smiled. That memorable smile.

Everybody was shocked. But I was stunned. I couldn’t say a word, while the others were grabbing and punching his arms, claiming that they missed him bla bla bla…

He greeted them back, laughing with them like how old friends should be. And then he looked back at me.

“Hey, are you okay Taehyun-ah? I heard you were wasted last night. Still hangover?”

Startled, I came back to my senses, and put a small smile on my face.

“Nah, I’m fine. You’re finally here”

“Yes, I’m here.” He touched my shoulder. ‘My shoulder?’

‘What is it? Why is he being touchy? Not that I mind because we used to do skin ship. But that was before the accident, before I did that mistake. Why now, after haven’t been meeting for a long time? Because my damn heart starts to beat faster. And I have to blame on something for it’

Jinwoo interrupted our moment and asked Seungyoon for his order. We faced our friends and decided to save “our own moments” for later – if that was what Seungyoon thought as well..I hope.

We had a great lunch, fun chatting – or kind of interrogating-Seungyoon-chat, and decided to go for a movie after.

Jinwoo entrusted his café to Jaehee, one of his trustable staff, saying that he would not make it to close the café tonight.

We got tickets for 9 pm movie – no horror because these guys knew that I hated it – and Seungyoon offered to buy snacks and drinks for us, which I insisted to pay the half. He refused, saying that it was his apologize for not coming last night. Knowing how stubborn he could be about things like this, I gave up.

We enjoyed the movie, although i couldn’t fully concentrate on the movie. I was slightly nervous because the three guys insisted me to sit next to Seungyoon. We didn’t talk much. We focused on the movie – or pretending to, on my side.

It was almost midnight when we were out of the theater. Jinwoo told Seungyoon to take me home, but I politely refused, saying that I would go with Mino since he would pass my apartment on his way home. I saw something in Seungyoon’s eyes. I couldn’t read it but somehow he covered it and said okay, telling us that we should inform him whenever we wanted to hang out together again. He promised that he would try to make time for us.

We parted on the parking lots, entering our own carrier and waving goodbyes.

Mino talked a lot on our way home, and I did agree with him that this night was somehow fun and great.

It took 20 minutes to arrive at my apartment. I said thanks to him and went up to my room, cleaned up and was ready to bed.

I thought of My and Mino’s conversation when we were in the car.

“Well, what we guessed was right”, He said.

“What is it?”

“Seungyoon will surely come if it is for you”

I didn’t comment on his statement at that time. But now I thought about it, was it true?

I shook my head. ‘No, don’t get your hopes up Taehyun-ah.’

I sighed and decided to sleep, not notifying a beep on my phone, signaling a message came.

From: Kang Seung Yoon

Thank you for today, Taehyunie. I’m glad I can see you again


=====================================================================================================

 

I'm here again! Thank you for everyone who has subscribed and waited patiently for this story.

i hope i don't disappoint you :)

So here it is the third chapter. I'm accepting any comment, criticism or advice/suggestion because I'm trying to improve here.

And I really wish I can update faster for every chapter. Well, I should just work hard on that :D

Anyway, see you on next chapter ^^