First call

Confessions

Sorry for the long waiting. I really don't want to neglect this story, but many things came out so I tried my best on this one.

Please don't expect too much, but I do hope you will like it. Here we go...

 

* 4 years after the confession

Taehyun’s POV

It was 7.15 pm. I should’ve been on my way to go home. But I knew I had to pass more than 2 hours on the crowded traffic to go to my apartment which was actually only 20 minutes-drive. As expected from Seoul – the big city. That was too much hassle for me.

Yes, I moved to Seoul, leaving the comfort of my hometown. It had been only two weeks. Two years ago, Mino got a job here. He worked in an advertising company. While last year, Seunghoon and Jinwoo decided to follow Mino and both of them together opened a café in a corner of this city – the name was Blossom. I went there last week with Mino. And we decided to do a routine lunch or dinner there on every weekend.

Back to me, I was still stuck, waiting for my dinner delivery in my office, when everybody decided to push their luck in breaking down the traffic jam. I was typing a report when my phone rang. I was focusing on my laptop but then I saw it was Mino, so I picked up my phone.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Taehyun-ah, where are you? Are you home already?”

“Nope, still in office, waiting for my dinner” I answered while typing something about customer’s feedback.

“Overtime? Really? On Friday?” Mino sounded a little bit surprised knowing I was still in the office.

“No, I just didn’t want to be bothered stuck on the road for two hours – or maybe more. You know how the traffic on Friday night is.” I sighed, “Anyway, why are you calling me?”

“Oh right…Seunghoon asked me if we could go to Blossom tonight”

My fingers stopped typing as I frowned, “Why? Aren’t we going there for lunch tomorrow?”

“Yeah, but apparently Jinhwan visited the café today and told Seunghoon that he would come again tonight with Hanbin and Bobby. Seunghoon told him that you moved to this city as well and Jinhwan was so eager to meet you.”

As I listened to Mino’s explanation, my mind went to Jinhwan, my friend who was also Seungyoon’s rumored boyfriend for the past year. He moved to Seoul right after he graduated from our college. People said that he met Seungyoon and got close afterward.

“Taehyun! Did you hear me?” Mino interrupted my thoughts.

“What..oh yeah..umm..I..Can I not join you guys tonight? I think I will need some times to finish my reports.” I tried to make excuses.

“Come on Taehyun-ah. This is Friday night, and you don’t work overtime on Friday night. I know you so well. Now finish your work, eat whatever your dinner it is and get prepared because I will be there to pick you up in an hour.”

“But…”

“No buts! We are going to have fun tonight. You’ve been asking me to go to karaoke since the first time you moved here, and we will go there tonight. Remember, the more the merrier. See you later!”

“….” Mino cut the phone without giving me a chance to say a word.

“That punk!” I grumbled.

I sighed, ‘What am I going to do?’

Jinhwan was my friend, not a really close one but we had a good relationship since we belonged to a same club, music club – with Seungyoon as well. I imagined how awkward it would be to meet him – at least on my side because he didn’t know about my feelings for Seungyoon.

Just in time my dinner came, I decided to not think about what would happen later in Seunghoon’s café. I finished my dinner and carry on writing my report. 20 minutes later, Mino called, saying he was in the lobby of my office. I saved and cleaned up my works, took my bag and run to the elevator.

I found Mino sitting on a chair in front of the reception desk while looked into his phone.

I tapped his shoulder, “Hey!”

He looked up and grinned, “Hey, finally you come out”. I rolled my eyes at his reply.

“Yeah, whatever. Let’s go!”

“Okay”. Mino took me to his car and we drove to Blossom. Thank God the traffic was better so it only took half an hour to get there.

Once Mino parked his car, suddenly I felt nervous. I had no idea of why I felt this way, but then Mino noticed my tense body and frowned. “What’s wrong, Taehyun-ah?”

“N..Nothing. I’m fine. Let’s go. Seunghoon and Jinwoo must be waiting for us right now”

Mino seemed not sure of my answer but he nodded nonetheless.

We got out the car and went into the café. There were not many guests, maybe because it passed dinner time already. Jinwoo spotted us and waved. He told us to find a table and said that he would find Seunghoon and joined us soon.

We found a table near the window. I hadn’t seen Jinhwan around, so I assumed he hadn’t come yet.

Jinwoo came with our drinks since he already knew what we would order – perks of being long-time friends – Cappucino for me and Americano for Mino. He joined us, and Seunghoon came a moment later.

The doorbell rang right when Mino said something about going to the restroom. He spotted some guys who just entered the café.

“Jinhwan-ah! Right here!”, he waved at the group.

Right when I turned my head, Jinhwan was already behind me, smiling oh so cheerfully.

“Taehyun, long time no see!”, he took a chair from the next table and sat beside me.

I was stunned, but was able to get back on my mind after he tapped my back.

“O..oh hi. How are you, Jinhwan?”, I managed to smile at him.

“I’m good, as you can see”, he smiled back, “When I heard that you are in this city as well, I really want to see you. It’s been a long time, yeah? Where are you working at? Where do you live here?”

“Ah, it’s a consultant company. Do you know NK Co.? I work there. And I live not far from the office, only 20 minutes drive”

“I see. Hey, you know what? We should really plan to hang out often like this. I rarely meet friends from our hometown.” Jinhwan pouted.

Mino and Seunghoon laughed at him. “Yah, Jinhwan-ah. Don’t show that face. It doesn’t suit your age anymore hahaha…”

Jinhwan eyed them, but then laughed as well. We had been talking for a good hour when Mino suddenly said about going to karaoke, saying that it was a must whenever I was around. I cursed him slightly while whispering how dare him used me as an excuse. But then it seemed like everyone was in a good mood, so they agreed to go to a karaoke room nearby after Seunghoon and Jinwoo closed the café.

Both café owners excused themselves to take care of something before closing the café. We continued talking about reminiscing some college moments.

When we decided to exchange our phone numbers, Hanbin asked me something that I had been avoiding hearing.

“Taehyun, have you contacted Seungyoon? You guys were very close, right? I met him in a restaurant not long ago. I talked to him about hanging out together sometimes, but he just said that he would try to make times. He indeed looked so busy at that time, maybe he was having a lunch meeting with someone. That’s why I forgot to ask his number. Or, do you have it Mino-ya? Do you guys often hang out with him?”

I was stunned, no words came out while I stared at my phone. Luckily, Mino answered his questions.

“No, I rarely meet him. We met only twice or three times since I moved here. He always said that he needed to do some works whenever I asked to meet him. So yeah, maybe he is indeed a busy man.”

“Ah..I see”, Hanbin nodded. But then Jinhwan said, “I have his number, wait..”

I was blank as if I didn’t hear anything. It seemed like I was out for quite a while because Mino nudged me on my side, “Taehyun-ah..Hey..are you there?”

I was back on my mind, feeling his elbow, “Yeah?”

I looked around and realized that everybody was staring at me, and then my eyes were back at Mino. “What is it?”

“I called you for about five times, but you didn’t hear me. Anyway, Jinhwan was giving Seungyoon’s number when you were daydreaming while ago. Now save it and call him”

“C..call him?” I stuttered.

Mino frowned, “Yeah, call him. You guys were close, so I think Seungyoon will be eager to know that you are here as well”

I felt my body tensed because I didn’t expect Mino would say that. Yeah, nobody knew what had happened between Seungyoon and I so it wasn’t a surprise that they thought we were still good friends.

I looked at my phone and back at those people. They were looking at me in some expectations. What is it? A conspiracy? I hate it when they were doing this. I knew that looks. They were telling me to call him while thinking that we both still had something between us, which I had explained for times that we were just good friends.

I looked at Jinhwan to try to confirm something, but he just smiled, a smile that didn’t reach his usually sparkling smiley eyes.

“Call him Taehyun-ah, I’ve tried but he seemed so busy. Maybe he can keep away his works for a while for you” Jinhwan said softly.

Mino suddenly took my phone and typed some numbers, and shoved the phone back to my hands.

“Here, I saved his number in your phone. Now, call him.”

I looked at my phone and screamed silently. Mino had pushed the dial button and it was loud speaker-ed! Damn him! Before I could end the call, a voice came out…

“Hello?”

“…”

“Hello? May I know who’s speaking?

I recognized it..Seungyoon’s voice..polite as usual,but he sounded tired.

Everybody was looking at me when Mino shoved my phone to my ears which made me squealed in surprise.

“Hello, anybody there? If this is a prank, I’m sorry I…”

“Hello..” I finally said something while sending a glare at Mino. And He just grinned..good!.

“Hello, who is this?” Seungyoon seemed a little bit calmed down. I gulped, not knowing how to react under those stares.

“Is this Kang Seungyoon?”

“Yes. And you are?”

“It’s Taehyun..Nam Taehyun”

------------tbc-----------

 

I'm sorry again!

I will work harder for the next chapter.  Please let me know what you think about this story.

Thank you soo much ^^