Plan in Action

Love? Hate? Death.

 

 

Yunho POV

 

“Yunnie, did you see how I killed that Ahjumma?” Jaejoong asked me as he parked the motorcycle in the garage. I had only just stepped out of my car, and his energy levels were amusing, despite the time of night.

He ran to me, hopping in excitement.

“First, Jae Jae entered the house and saw the Ahjumma and was like, ‘Haiiiiiya!’ and Jae Jae brought her to her knees and then her husband saw and he wanted to beat Jae Jae up but Jae Jae took out the knife and, whoosh!, stabbed him right in the gut! And then the Ahjumma was gonna scream but Jae Jae was way too quick for her!”

I nodded distractedly, picking Jaejoong up by his armpits and holding him in my arms like a child. He immediately latched on to my hip, his pace in his story barely faltered, as I walked the rest of the way home.

“I was like, martial arts all the way before they could see anything coming!” I nodded once more as I took the house keys out from my pocket, placing them into the keyhole of the door. I had to hold the key in place for a while, as the sensors scanned my fingerprints from the key itself, before I had to key in a twelve digit password to unlock the door.

“Yunnie! Are you listening to me??”

I nodded.

“Yes. You were going all martial arts on them. They couldn’t see anything coming,” I answered as we stepped through the door. I placed Jaejoong on the ground where he turned to face me, hands on his slender hips.

“That’s not the point!” he whined, as I balanced on one foot, taking off my boots, and my beanie. Jaejoong stomped his foot as I threw the boots into the incinerator behind a secret compartment by the door. I bent down to place a kiss on his pouty lips before he grew into an unreasonable tantrum.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized, my forehead on his. “Yunnie just has some stuff on his mind.”

Immediately, I saw Jaejoong’s frown turn into a smile, his eyes softening at my kiss.

“Now, let’s clean up before Yoochun wakes up, alright?”

Jaejoong nodded and proceeded to take his clothes off, wiping the blood splattered all over his face with the sleeves, before he chucked them into the incinerator as well. I glanced at the clock for a few moments, noting that it was almost the time for us to wake up.

“Jaejoong, go bathe. I’ll get some breakfast ready.”

He nodded at my order, before going off in his boxers and wife beater. I waited until I heard the door of the bathroom shut, which was nearly impossible, before I sneaked into the guest room Yoochun was in. I sat on the edge of the bed, and Yoochun’s eyes automatically opened at the shift in weight.

“What time is it?” he asked.

“Four in the morning.”

Yoochun rolled his eyes before he turned away from me, curling around his pillow.

“Wake me up at five-thirty,” he replied, “And why do you smell of blood?”

I blinked.

“I do?”

“Evidently so.”

“I went out to kill with Jaejoong.”

This time, Yoochun rolled over to face me, a frown on his face showing his disapproval.

“Why…?”

I shrugged.

“Because you know Jaejoong has to have an outlet from time to time.”

“He did have an outlet. Barely a day ago. At the Ice Cream Parlour. In the public bathroom.”

“I was bored.”

“You’re lying,” Yoochun answered, his eyes resting on my passive face, “I know you are, but I’m not gonna question if you don’t wanna tell.”

I nodded, knowing that was how he rolled. Yoochun closed his eyes, preparing for more sleep, but asked me a question.

“Who did you kill?”

“Someone who didn’t deserve to live,” I answered. I felt the anger rise in my heart, and I quickly beat it down before it could show on my face.

“I meant the person’s name,” Yoochun pushed on, despite his voice having a slight drawl in it, signaling that sleep was about to claim him.

“Good night, Yoochun,” I said, getting up and walking out of the room.

End of conversation.

I came to my room and took my bathe, choosing my standard outfit of a suit and tie, this time wearing a pastel pink shirt, before I walked out to get some breakfast ready. I may not be a big fan of eating breakfast, but Yoochun and Jaejoong were. They were barely able to function properly without it.

I exited my room and came out to the living room, only to be surprised when I saw Jaejoong, in a bathrobe, asleep on the stark white couch, his position not unlike a cat’s. I considered letting him be, but decided him sleeping in nothing but a robed towel wasn’t really the best idea for someone so sickly.

“Jaejoong, wake up,” I whispered into his ear.

Immediately, his huge, doe eyes blinked open and he sat up, blinking sleepily.

“Ne?” he asked, looking around in confusion.

“You should get some clothes on,” I said, pointing to his bathrobe.

Jaejoong blinked in confusion, before he stared at what he was wearing.

“Oh!” He exclaimed, patting himself down, “I’m in a bathrobe!” He looked up at me with a smile, as if it was the most wondrous thing on Earth, before his smile disappeared and he pointed at me in surprise.

“Pink!” he gushed, stretching out to place his hand on my chest, “It’s pink! What a pretty colour! I want to wear pink too, Yunnie!”

I nodded as I straightened, resting my hands on his cheeks.

“Alright, Jaejoong. Go get dressed. I’m sure you can find something in the closet.”

Jaejoong got up to run upstairs, undoubtedly to raid the closets. I took to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, a simple meal of pancakes on my mind.

It wasn’t that long before I heard footsteps running down the stairs, though they were barely detectable. We were trained to be the best, and something as small as sounds in our movements was way past us. I turned just in time to see Jaejoong, in a pink sweater and black skinnies, bounding towards me.

“Yunnie, look! Nice?”

I nodded. As always, I thought, before I placed a kiss on his lips.

“Are you hungry? I made pancakes.”

He clapped his hands together in excitement at the word.

“Pancakes, pancakes!” he chanted, hopping on the spot.

I turned to find some plates, at the same time glancing at the clock on the wall. Five fifteen.

“Go wake Yoochun up. Ask him if he wants breakfast. If he doesn’t, let him sleep for another fifteen minutes.”

Jaejoong was gone before my sentence had even finished, as he ran back up the stairs. I took to setting the table, and dividing our food, when I heard a scream of “Chunnie hyung, wake UP!” before hearing the sound of a pillow that probably hit Yoochun’s face. There was a muffled “Yah!” from Yoochun, and a hysterical giggle, before running footsteps sounded. I looked up just in time to see Jaejoong bounding down the stairs, and Yoochun leaping off the stairway to intercept him. There was the sound of a silenced landing, as Yoochun landed on the balls of his feet, arms outstretched towards Jaejoong. He missed by about a hair, as Jaejoong easily slipped through his hands.

“Yunnie, Yunnie, Yunnie!” screamed Jaejoong as he ran to hide behind me, a glint of excitement in his eyes, “Save me!”

Yoochun laughed as he came around me, catching Jaejoong by the waist as he lifted the younger boy off the floor. There was a scream of delight as Yoochun placed Jaejoong on his shoulder and spun around like a helicopter, before placing him back on the floor.

“Good morning, Yunho,” Yoochun greeted as he sat across the table from me, his hand up in a fist. I gently tapped his fist with mine as an answer, as Jaejoong slipped in to the seat beside me.

“So, what’s the plan for today? Oh, nice sweater, by the way, Jaejoong. It really compliments your skin tone,” Yoochun began as we began eating our breakfast.

Jaejoong grinned in answer as I slowly chewed and swallowed my food.

“We’ll begin planning for the mission with Junsu today,” I answered.

Jaejoong turned to me, eyes wide, with his fork still in his mouth.

“When do you wanna carry it out?” he asked me, mouth full.

“If possible, by tonight. The object of destroying Renegade in itself is very large scale, and I doubt it would take us less than a month to properly carry it out. Best that we carry out all the other smaller missions as quickly as possible so we don’t lose momentum for this one.”

“So… No school today?” he asked me with a tilt of his head.

“No school for a long time,” I answered.

I saw the pout on his lips and ruffled his hair affectionately.

“Don’t be sad. You’ll get to go once we’ve settled everything.”

He immediately perked up, and leaned forward to give me a quick kiss on the cheek, before offering me a small serving of pancake from his fork. I quietly opened my mouth as he fed me the pancake.

“Yoochun, bathe immediately after your meal. We’re leaving by six thirty.”

Yoochun nodded as he looked up to glance at the clock. Seeing the time, his eyes widened almost comically and he began stuffing himself with the pancakes, making Jaejoong laugh in delight, before he shot off to run upstairs, evidently to bathe. I stared after him, before continuing to eat my food.

“Hey, Yunnie,” Jaejoong said, as he quietly leaned in my direction, a question on his lips, “Who was that guy we killed yesterday?”

“Why do you need to know?”

“He looked a teensy bit like you,” Jaejoong explained, “He had your high cheek bones and your straight nose and your pretty lips. I wonder if he was related to you.”

I frowned as I answered.

“I’m not sure,” I explained, “I have no recollection of having an uncle or cousin.” In fact I have no memories of a family outside my abusive mother at all.

Jaejoong gave me a small smile, as he whispered in my ear.

“Neither do I. But that’s okay.”

I patted his head to show my amusement, before I got up and started cleaning up. Jaejoong distracted himself by playing with his phone, and soon demanded me to join him, as he introduced me to some multi-player games. We played for about ten minutes before the both of us looked up at the presence of Yoochun coming down the stairs. He was decked in, much to my amusement, an untucked baby pink dress shirt with a black vest, and blue jeans.

“Pink!” Jaejoong squealed, extending the vowel to show his utter delight. His arms were outstretched towards Yoochun, as the elder came forward, and Jaejoong placed his fragile hands on the fabric. “Chunnie hyung is wearing pink too! Today we’re a family of pink!”

Yoochun gave him a grin as he glanced at the clock, making the two of us follow his gaze as well. Exactly six thirty.

 

Yoochun POV

 

I was driving through the snow, or was at least trying to. The snow from yesterday had fallen to become a thick blanket that covered every inch of the road, making it hard to drive. About half a mile down the road, I turned to Yunho. This wasn’t really working out. We switched places and drove back to his house, where we changed to the Range Rover. This time, it was way easier to drive than before.

As usual, I had insisted on driving, letting Yunho and Jaejoong spend their time together in the back seat. Jaejoong was currently swallowing his amazing number of pills, and Yunho was keeping a close eye on him. Jaejoong had a habit of storing the pills in his mouth and spitting them back out when no one was looking, and the percussions from that act alone were enough to lead him to a psychotic rampage that endangered everyone. So yes, making sure he ate his pills was important.

Jaejoong was currently very interested in the sewing of Yunho’s Burberry cream trench coat he had over his suit and was tracing the lines of the material very quietly. Sometimes I had to wonder on that boy’s attention span.

“Hey, Yunnie, today we plan the mission, right?”

Through the rear view mirror, I saw Yunho nod.

“So, we’re gonna choose weapons and stuff, right?”

Again, Yunho nodded, as he placed his arm around Jaejoong, who leaned against his chest.

“So can I have Oreo Cheesecake for lunch?”

Well, it was a conversation with Jaejoong. It didn’t always make sense.

“Why not?” Yunho hummed.

A grin from Jaejoong, before he gave his lover a kiss on the lips.

“What about you, Chunnie hyung? What are you gonna have for lunch?”

“Hmm, I feel like eating Aglio… Yunho?”

“… Ramen.”

I laughed aloud at the answer, remembering the incident from yesterday, before turning around in my seat to give him a grin. He returned it with a raise of his eyebrow. Funny Yunho.

It was soon that we reached Nine, and I parked the car with some difficulty, considering that the whole place was still covered with a dense layer of snow. Jaejoong bounded out before I had even killed the engine, running through the ice and snow. It had started snowing again, and he looked up, eyes wide with amusement and awe, as he held out his hands for the snowflakes. In his dark pink fur-lined jacket with the hoodie up, he looked nothing short of the epitome of innocence he always seemed to be. I quickly took my phone out to snap a picture.

He turned at the sound of the click of the camera and grinned at me, as I took a picture once more. Jae’s photogenicability (is that even a word?) is way beyond most models can even grasp!

“Chunnie, Chunnie, Chunnie!” he chanted as he ran towards me, before he slipped on a patch of ice, and screamed, falling on his back. I yelled in surprise, but Yunho was quicker, as he came towards him and lifted him off the ground.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I jogged towards him. Yunho was patting him down gently, checking for injuries at the same time dusting him off. Jaejoong rubbed the back of his head, his face scrunched up.

“Ice. Is. Very. Hard,” he explained through pursed lips.

I laughed at his explanation, taking him in my arms, massaging the back of his head. Jaejoong latched to me waist, the fur on his jacket in my face.

“You buy Jaejoong the weirdest things,” I mumbled, careful not to have the fur in my mouth as I turned towards Yunho.

A raised eyebrow by Yunho, before he answered.

“I don’t choose the stuff he wants. I only pay for them.”

“Fur-lined jackets in the face,” I mumbled, stepping into the confines of the building, and then into the lift. Jaejoong laughed as he slid off me.

“Mental torture,” he giggled.

We reached our intended floor and exited, making our way into Kangta’s office, knowing they would be waiting. We entered, seeing Yoona, Kangta and Junsu in their own respective places; Yoona on the couch doing work on her iPad, Kangta on his office desk with his files, and Junsu standing as straight as an arrow by the sofa. All three pairs of eyes swiveled in our direction, before their heads followed as well.

“We’re here!” Jaejoong exclaimed unnecessarily.

“Good,” Kangta replied as he stood up. “Let’s start the meeting.”

================

 

Five hours later, our meeting had ended. The briefing on the mission had turned complicated due to the fact that Siwon never had a concrete schedule; he just ran around when he felt like it. Heck he didn’t even have a secretary to sort out his events. That must be some mental capacity under all that perfectly moussed hair. But we were Nine Outposts, there wasn’t really an obstacle we couldn’t go around.

Yunho had planned to have us attack in the dead of the night, when the family would be asleep, and the guards would at some point have their defenses down. It didn’t take long for me to work out a strategy; the four of us were pretty confident in our abilities, and I doubt that failure was even a passing thought on our minds.

After the briefing, we had our training, which was made more extensive in preparation for tonight. By the time it was over, it was already six in the evening, leaving the idea of a lunch of Oreo Cheesecake flying out the window.

I collapsed on the couch in the Lounge Room, wiped out from training. Behind me, Yunho came in with Jaejoong in his arms. The poor boy was so tired he was already asleep.

“Where’d Junsu go?” I asked, lifting my head fractionally off the pillow I was using.

“He said he had some business to attend to,” Yunho replied, as he placed Jaejoong on the sofa perpendicular to mine. Yunho collapsed on the sofa, evidently tired as well, as he draped his arm over his eyes.

“Hey Yoochun,” I heard him drawl, “Don’t sleep too long.”

I was out like a light before I could hear him continue the sentence.

=============

 

I heard someone enter through the glass door, making me wake up. I saw Yunho and Jaejoong’s eyes open as well, as the three of us looked up at the same time to see Junsu enter.

“It’s almost ten,” he announced. “It’s time.”

I nodded as we got up to leave the room, and make way for the armory.

Jaejoong and Yunho fell into pace beside me, Jaejoong stretching his arms way over his head, slipping his hand into mine.

“We didn’t get to eat lunch,” Jaejoong whined, “That’s sad.”

I started swinging his arm in an attempt to cheer him up, smiling down at him.

“It’s alright, kiddo. We’ll get to eat it sometime else, alright?”

Jaejoong gave me a sad nod, as the four of us stopped in front of the armory. The guard there took one look at us before he keyed in the fifteen digit pass code for access into the walk-in safe.

“What weapons?” I asked as Yunho and Junsu went off in their separate directions. The safe was huge beyond a doubt, and pretty soon I lost sight of them.

I heard Yunho answer “Anything you prefer” before Jaejoong let out a “YAY!” and ran off in whatever direction. I had a feeling he was going to come back with torture weapons instead of ones of defense.

Knowing that they were going to take some time, I walked lazily around the area, till a briefcase caught my eye and I randomly opened it. Inside was a CZ-95, a small but powerful handgun. I decided that it was good enough and came back to where I was standing a few seconds before, the briefcase in my hand.

 Junsu came back with a long casing in his hand, one that evidently made me raise my eyebrows in his direction.

“A long-distance rifle?” I gawked as I looked over his shoulder as he opened the casing on the table to inspect its contents.

“Yeah,” Junsu answered, as he started assembling the parts in front of me, before he locked all the pieces together with an audible click.

“Why? Siwon lives in a secluded mansion in the middle of nowhere. I highly doubt that there are buildings around it to carry out long range shots, and wouldn’t the windows of a politician be bullet proof? Besides, using a rifle of that sort at a near-range would blow your brains out! It would be messy.”

Junsu turned his head to look at me, blinked once, before he started disassembling the rifle and putting it back in the case, before disappearing again. I smiled to myself. He was kinda cute, in his weird ways. I started finding some silencers and bullet refills for my gun, before deciding to bring some daggers which I hid in the secret compartment on my calf, easily hidden by my pants sleeve. I was about done with my stash, hiding the two handguns in my belt, bullets in my pockets and slipping on a bullet-proof vest under my original vest.

Waiting for the rest, I played with my gun, swirling it with my index finger through the trigger hole. I heard footsteps coming up behind me, and turned around to see Yunho, who was winding a piece of wire around his right wrist.

“Is that your only weapon?” I asked with a tilt of my head. He looked flat-out, a code name we used for someone who was defenseless. But then again, it was Yunho. His very body was a lethal enough weapon to conquer an army.

Yunho scrunched his eyebrows together, as if my statement itself threw him off. He was still giving me that look when he opened up his jacket to show me a few guns strapped to his inner shirt, as well as a whole row of acupuncture needles hidden in a gladiator bracelet he wore on his other wrist.

“No blades?” I asked.

As an answer, Yunho tapped the heel of his shoe gently against the ground. Out popped a blade at the toe, as sharp and smooth as a newly made sword.

Safe to say, my jaw dropped to the floor.

“Whoa.” The gun in my hand dropped to the floor, letting out a gunshot on its own. The bullet ricocheted off the metal walls till it embedded itself somewhere.

“Yoochun,” Yunho scolded, as he tapped his heel again, hiding the blade.. I gave a grin as I picked my gun off the floor, looking at him apologetically.

“Oops,” I said, before raising my voice, “Everything’s okay! I just dropped the gun on the floor…”

Around half an hour later, the four of us were about ready, our weapons completely concealed. Jaejoong had initially came back with an arsenal of weapons, that were obviously too much for his small form to carry on a mission. I mean, seriously, the boy brought a long sword and nanchakus, among others that included knuckle-breakers, darts and a taser. A TASER. I had to wonder why we even had that contraption in our armory.

Yunho managed to narrow it down to some daggers, a few hand guns and, because Jaejoong was so vehement on bringing them, some star-shaped blades that were used for throwing, although I had already forgotten what their proper name was. Junsu brought something fairly simple; two handguns similar to mine with some silencers.

“Have you got the equipment ready?” Yunho asked as we made our way out of the safe. Equipment for breaking-and-entering, that is.

“The equipment’s already packed. I left it in the Range Rover,” I answered.

Yunho nodded in acknowledgement, as we made our way up the stairwell, and then to the lift that would bring us to the thirtieth floor, where we were to be shot with some drugs that boost our systems. I always had a sneaking suspicion that the drugs we used were basically just modified steroids. The way they enhanced our performance was almost scary.

Once done, we exited the building and slipped into the Range Rover, Yunho the driver, Jaejoong riding shotgun, and Junsu and I behind them. I reached behind me in the eight-seater to grab the haversack from the backseat, before placing it in the middle of Junsu and I. I synchronized our watches to the exact point one second, before I took out our walkie –talkies. Alright, who uses them in this day and age?

I had modified those things that they were small and light enough to be cute little brooches that could be pinned to our collars, yet with enough power that they could detect whispers in the middle of the dancefloor. As a compliment to the brooches, I had created a listening device that looked something like a hearing aid, only this was much thinner and transparent. Both were wireless, and pretty much indestructible. Even I had to say, I was impressed with my own invention.

I handed them out to the three, who silently put them on. Taking out my iPad, I put Google Maps on, calculating the exact distance from our destination, before I destroyed our traceability by sending a virus to the Google satellite that would make this iPad practically invisible in its database.

“Get ready,” I heard Yunho announce, putting the pedal to the metal as our speed increased as we got on a deserted highway. I put my iPad away and moved closer to my car door, my hand on the handle as Junsu moved closer to me, his shoulder brushing against mine. I could feel the change in gravity as the highway sloped upwards till we were driving on an elevated strip of road, a highway that also acted as a bridge, letting there be space under it for other usages such as roads, or small houses, or in this case, a factory.

Yunho shifted to the last lane, the lane closest to the edge. I could see that he was trying to maintain his speed before he threw us off. Too fast and we would miss our spot by a mile, too slow and we would hit nothing but dust. Beside him, Jaejoong wound down his window, his hand raised, palm facing Yunho as he calculated the exact coordinates of our jump.

“Yunho, hit another 5km faster,” he said, his eyes completely on the road, “Drive to the second lane. At my command, immediately swerve to the first. Yoochun, Junsu, the moment he hits the first, jump. Use the momentum to propel yourselves forward. Arachi?”

The two of us nodded our answer, concentrating on our task at hand.

“Now!”

Yunho swerved wildly to the left, and I burst the car door open, before Junsu and I jumped, literally flying as we sailed across the safety railing of the bridge.  The distance between the factory and the bridge thankfully wasn’t that far, although the drop was jarring, as Junsu and I managed to land inside the perimeter of the building. We immediately landed in a roll, dispersing the landing force before it broke any bones. I looked up as soon as I stopped rolling. I was impressed. We had jumped nearly four floors and had landed on the cemented ground nearly unscathed. Of course, the force of the throw had made us drop diagonally rather than vertically, making our jump not literally a jump, but rather… A slide?

I got up at the sound of Junsu’s footsteps walking away. Man, was he fast or what? The two of us snuck around the perimeter of the building, until we came across the back of it, where we could hear sounds of workers loading and unloading goods from the trucks. Peeking off from the side, I could see the uniformed workers loading crates into the back of the truck. It was a noisy atmosphere, and I doubted that killing anyone here would make an actual difference for it to be noticed. I turned to look at Junsu, to see him aiming his handgun at the truck driver.

“Yah!” I yelled in a whisper, swatting the gun away.

He looked up at me in frustration.

“What?” he mouthed.

“Killing the driver now will make too much sound. Just do as I say.”

Junsu glared at me, his eyes shooting lasers, but nodded his agreement. We stayed completely still, waiting for the crates to finish loading, before the driver started the engine, and drove off. I steeled myself as the truck came closer to our hiding place, lowering myself so I wouldn’t be caught in its headlights. Just as the truck drove by me, I jumped, latching myself on to the side of the crate, quickly climbing up to the top as I hid in the darkness to avoid getting noticed. Junsu was extremely quick to follow, joining me mere seconds later.

“Genius,” I heard Junsu whisper, the two of us lying low as we gripped the edge of the crates to avoid falling off.

“I know,” I whispered back, “I’m surprised I thought of this too.”

I could swear I saw him roll his eyes, before he snake-crawled towards the top of the truck, and broke the window below him, before he slid in. There was a yell, before sounds of a scuffle, until finally, Junsu’s arm popped out from the driver’s side of the window, an okay sign made with his hand directed at me. I slid into the passenger seat, landing on top of the once-but-not-anymore driver who was out like a light.

“Is he dead?” I asked as I pushed him away. There weren’t any signs of physical injury, so I hoped for the best.

“Uh-huh. I broke his neck.”

Eww. Well, so much for that.

“Great. Where are we gonna dispose the body?”

Junsu merely shrugged his shoulders.

“We’ll find a place,” he answered, as we drove down a deserted street. I radio-ed Yunho exactly where we were, and pretty soon, they were driving right by us, Jaejoong waving to us through the wound-down window. Junsu signaled for them to pull over, and I heard Yunho answer through the walkie-talkie.

“Find a multi-storey car-park.  The Range Rover is bound to attract some attention.”

“Got it,” Junsu answered, before swerving to the left to another street.

I stayed quiet, letting him go wherever it was he wanted to go. Pretty soon, we had driven into a wealthier district. Condominiums and terraces came into view, before Junsu randomly drove into one of the multi-storey carparks, followed closely behind by the Range Rover.

Yunho drove to the fifth floor and parked the car, before quickly transferring into the truck, the both of them climbing into the crate. Junsu wasted no time and quickly drove out of there.

“What time is the delivery?”

“Exactly 11:35,” Both Junsu and Yunho answered at the same time.

“Then we better step on it. We have nine minutes.”

“Don’t worry,” Junsu answered, hitting the accelerator. I heard stumbling from behind as Jaejoong yelled “whoa!”, the both of them probably taken aback by the sudden increase in speed of this thing. “We’ll get there.”

Junsu’s driving was crazy – I actually strapped on my seatbelt – but it got us there in time. On the sixth minute – I counted – I could see the mansion looming before us. I had to say that it was a pretty creepy building. We didn’t enter through the gates, which were like, three meters high, but rather drove around it to the back, where we knew deliveries were taken.

Junsu wound his window down as a guard came towards us.

“Business here?” he asked.

“Delivery, of course,” answered Junsu, getting into character, as a smile broke through his face. “Don’t tell me you’re unaware of today’s delivery?”

The guard snorted in answer.

“Of course I am, but you’re not the usual delivery guy. Where is he?”

Junsu jerked his thumb in my direction, and I was quick to hide as I propped the dead man against the seat. The guard shone the torchlight in the dead man’s face.

“What happened to him?” the guard asked, turning to look at Junsu.

Junsu shrugged.

“He was drunk when he came to work. Muttering something about a ‘ of a wife’.”

The guard smirked in turn, as he shook his head.

“Dude finally got caught cheating,” he muttered.

“He did?” I heard Junsu let out a low whistle. “That .”

“Tell me about it. Anyways, I’ll just wave you through. You know where to go?”

I assumed Junsu shook his head as the guard explained to him.

“Go straight up to the back of the mansion, where there will be a security check. After that the guys will unload the stuff from the truck themselves. Get the drunk bastard home before he wakes up and vomits all over the place.”

“Sure thing,” Junsu replied, before I heard a muffled gunshot. There was the sound of something falling to the ground, and I popped my head up from under the dashboard.

“Did you kill him?” I asked, just as Junsu put his gun into his coat again.

“Yup.”

“Aww… Why??” I was exasperated. He didn’t have to do that, did he?!

“Why not?”

“Where are we going to hide his body?!”

“We can just hide it in the bushes or something,” Junsu gave his irritated reply as he hopped out of the truck and started dragging the body away to God-knows-where. He soon came back and resumed driving to the place the guard had pointed out.

I signaled for Yunho and Jaejoong to get ready as soon as we saw someone signaling us over to park. I took my two guns out, hiding them between the car door and me as the guards came closer.

“Security check,” I heard a guard say as he came over to Junsu’s side of the car.

“Check all you want,” Junsu answered, signaling to the crate with his thumb.

Several guards went to the back, and I heard them unlocking the crate doors before opening them. I heard a yell, and took it as the signal to get out of the truck and attack. It seemed Junsu had the same idea too, as we began shooting at anyone within shooting distance.

It was over before any of the guards or staff could see it coming. Our aim was precise, we weren’t designed to miss a target unless circumstances caught us off guard, which was in itself pretty rare, and the silencers we had fixed to the guns should have avoided any attention. I came around to the back of the truck to see both Yunho and Jaejoong reloading their guns, ready for a second onslaught.

“Did you get everyone?” Yunho asked.

I nodded as I turned to Junsu, whose eyes were scanning the surroundings.

“How many did you get?” he asked.

“Four.”

“We got three.”

“Seven guards to inspect one truck. Security’s higher than I expected,” Yunho murmured.

The four of us took to dumping the dead bodies inside the crate, and parking the truck somewhere unnoticeable before things got suspicious. We immediately fell into the steps of our carefully calculated plan. Having studied the blueprints of the house, we split up. Junsu headed for the security booth, where most of the guards would be and where the CCTVs would be watched, while the three of us waited. It wasn’t long before we heard Junsu’s voice in our ear, saying that he had the place rigged, and had freeze-framed all the final images of the cameras in place. It was our OK-GO, as the three of us stepped into the house. We sneaked through the kitchen, making our way out into the living room.

I could see guards wandering around the house. I knew how their security worked. The guards would always walk around in pairs, so when one man was down, another could quickly call for back up. It was risky for us because if we didn’t kill both guards quickly enough, our cover was blown.

I saw both Yunho and Jaejoong crouch down and aim their guns at a pair of guards’ heads. Jaejoong closed one eye for precision, as Yunho wrapped both his hands around the hilt of the gun for stability, before they simultaneously pulled their triggers.

We stood up at the same time both guards’ bodies hit the floor.

“What was that?” I heard someone say.

.

The sound of footsteps going down the stairs as the three of us immediately blended into the shadows, me crouching down behind a statue, Yunho hiding himself behind a corner, while Jaejoong was small enough to squeeze himself under the stairwell.

And then the footsteps suddenly stopped, and the sound of someone falling – or rolling – down the stairs was heard. I peeked out to see Junsu at the foot of the stairs, shooting at a second guard, who dropped down dead as well.

Man, was this guy fast.

Unfortunately, the noise generated from the fall attracted some more attention, as we heard footsteps running. Yunho turned around, just as a guard appeared in the hallway, and shot the unfortunate guy right in the middle of the forehead.

I watched as the guy flopped down into the floor, dead.

I looked up at Yunho, his eyes equally as wide as mine.

“That was one guard,” Jaejoong breathed, voicing out the thought that we had been dreading. “So where’s his other pair?”

Jaejoong looked up at me, before his wide eyes got even wider. I took the hint and ducked, just as a gunshot – non-silenced – rang through the air. I pushed myself off the floor and began shooting before my eyes could even settle on a proper target.

I missed.

My bullet embedded itself into a guard’s shoulder, throwing him off balance, but not stopping him. He lunged at me, his gun aimed and ready. I had no idea why he had to lunge when the bullet would’ve been enough to knock me out, but I was thankful for his moment of stupidity. I lowered my centre of gravity, bending my knees before I raised my hands to deflect the attack. I caught his wrist just as it missed my face and twisted it three-sixty, destroying the ligament, before I used the hilt of the gun to smash it into his temple. He dropped down unconscious, just as I looked up.

“Is everyone okay?” I asked.

It seemed they weren’t. Caught up in my moment, I hadn’t realized other guards had gathered around us, their guns pointed and ready.

Man, this was unprofessional!

I raised my hands in the air, mentally counting how many there were. Six. Six guards for three Outposts. That seemed fair.

“One,” I heard Yunho whisper. If not for the hearing device in my ear, I wouldn’t have heard it.

“Two.” I steeled myself, getting ready as I tensed my leg muscles.

“Three!” Yunho practically shouted, loud and sudden enough to shock the guards.

And that was the cue, as the three of us wildly dove for cover behind any solid object. Taken off guard by the shout and our actions, the guards were several milliseconds too late to react.

But that was all it took for us, as we immediately began firing.

I had no idea where to aim as I began shooting, but my trained body knew to hit spots that hurt. One of my bullets tore through a knee, and I saw the guard immediately fall to the ground, before he shot some rounds in my direction. I ducked behind the sofa as the shots rang through.

I knew our fight was attracting some attention, and I was right.

Someone the lights from the upper floor, and I could hear some Japanese being spoken.

“What’s going on? Is everything okay?”

All of us seemed to freeze in place, as we turned our heads to the source of the sound.

“It’s fine, Karam!” I heard one of the guards answer, “Just go to bed!”

Yeah, as if that was supposed to convince them after all the gun shot sounds.

I saw Jaejoong reach behind his back and retrieve two daggers, which he threw with deadly precision at any one of the guards at close range. There was a sickening sound as blade hit human flesh, before gunshots resumed once more.

C’mon, this was a big house! Surely the gunshots didn’t bounce off so far as to attract other people’s attention? And weren’t these supposed to be trained guards? Where were the silencers?

And where was Junsu?!

The Karam kid didn’t seem to get the hint as he came forward and into our line of view. All of us froze once more, as the kid came halfway down the stairs, scanned his surroundings, before realizing what was going on.

He screamed, breaking the rest of us out of our frozen state, as he ran back up the stairs.

 “Protect the Shims!” I heard one of the guards, presumably the leader, order, as he backed away from us, gun still aimed at our heads. Yunho took no time in making a hole in his head, as two of the  guards ran up the stairs to follow their dead leader’s command.

 “I got it!” I heard Jaejoong yell, as he ran forward and retrieved his embedded dagger from one of the guard’s bodies. I watched them for a microsecond, before my attention refocused on the guards surrounding us. I was hit with a fist to my face, making me stumble back. The heck?

Through the corner of my eye, I saw Jaejoong run up the stairs.

Alone.

The hell was Junsu?!

I dropped my gun; no use for guns at this close a range, and began fighting. I dove forward and returned the punch, only for it to be swiftly pushed away with a quick hand. Using my left leg, I brought it up in a kick, my heel hitting the side of the guard’s head with a sickening thud. This dude was strong. He grabbed my leg and pulled, making me fall into a center-split. I knew what he was going to do next as he held on to my ankle and twisted it, intending to dislocate it. I twisted my whole body along with my ankle as he did so, protecting my limb, before I grabbed the sleeve of my pants and pulled out my dagger. I threw it hard, and it embedded itself in his chest, making him drop my leg. I immediately stood up and kicked him in the stomach, making him fall to the ground.

And then I heard a scream coming from upstairs.

It was Jaejoong.

“,” I heard Yunho swear. Now it was serious.

 

********************************

 

I really, really felt like updating, but because I'm currently extremely busy with my school activities right now, I couldn't really properly proof read through this enough for it to be satisfactory enough for me.

Basically I updated just for the sake of updating. Urgh, unprofessional, I know.

But on a side note, things are FINALLY getting somehwere with the fic :)

Like finally. It has been stagnant for so long even I have been face-palming myself.