c.2

Finding her

Yoongi is currently in his bed, enjoyed the tingling sensation in his guts whenever he thought of seeing his virtual other half. It was scary and thrilling at the same time. You see, even when you’re an idol, you can still never run away from real human feelings.

He doesn’t even know what he will do once he finally gets the chance to see what Cha Hyunmi looks like. Maybe he’ll run right towards her direction and hug her so tightly as he confesses his love or maybe he would just shamelessly claim her lips right on the spot if there’d be a moment when words just aren’t enough to express his love. Sounds like a good plan? Yeah. He’ll do that.

But what if she freaks out? Gets scared of him? Replace him with Jimin as her ultimate bias?

Ehh, who cares? It’s not that bad if he kisses her like a monster. Both sides want that kind of thing to happen, right? Right? Right. She knows that about him.

He’s sure she won’t get scared because she knows everything about him.

 

 

“You are late.” Sohee grumpily looked up at Yoongi who is all dressed in disguise. She was so bored waiting for him inside the house so she decided to just sit down on the doorstep and wait for when he will show up. It’s already five in the afternoon. An hour after the said time he should be there to pick her up.

“I bought you a big box of fries,” he offered his hand to pull her up.

Sohee just stared at him and didn’t budge taking his hand, “And?”

“Ketchup”

Sohee raised an eyebrow.

“A lot of them”

Sohee’s eyes twinkled with delight and she smiled widely as she took his hand and pulled herself up. “That’s what I like about you”

“I know,” Yoongi stated smugly.

“Now give me the keys.”

“What? Why?”

“Because I know where to go and to save time,” she swiftly snatched the keys from Yoongi’s hand and walked pass by him “Thank you very much”

“Hey! Are you sure you know where to go? Do you know how to drive?” he ran after her to the car.

“Hell yeah, I do. Just get inside the car.” She commanded and surprisingly, the stubborn Min Yoongi submitted without further questions. Once he got in he asked, “Do you have a driving licsense?” He waited for an answer. Sohee slightly cringed and sweetly smiled at a poker-faced Yoongi.

He flicked her forehead so hard she almost saw stars. “Get off. Now.”

 

Sohee sat like a kid in the backseat while eating the food Yoongi bought her. They were already waiting in front of Hyunmi’s house. Good thing she hasn’t left yet or else they’re lost. Yoongi was already preparing himself for their encounter later tonight but this one with him is such a kid and makes up too much noise. He can’t concentrate in memorizing the lines he formulated last night.

“Oi Min Suga,” she chomped down her food. “Why are you dressed like that? You look like you’re gonna plunge into a pile of snow with that outfit”

He narrowed his eyes at her reflection in the visor. “My skin is pale and I need to hide under sleeves and pants and beanies or else I might attract unwanted attention”

“Well, you are gonna get unwanted attention if you don’t change your clothes. I know the western winds are starting to blow their way to winter but, hello? We’re undergoing climate change and the weather today is hot as . Don’t you feel hot?”

“I am hot.” He stated as a matter of fact and laughed and only he laughed at his inside joke.

Sohee scoffed, “Oh my God, Yoongi, where did you get all of that conceitedness?”

“Hey, I am offended. And where’s your respect? I am very much sure I am older than you therefore you must call me oppa

“Yeah, like four years older. Ha! Therefore I shall call you baby gramps”

“Ah! That is injustice! I am not that old and I probably look younger than you” He stuck his tongue out.

“A guy who’s in his early twenties that looks like a kid and acts like one. Yeah, ‘baby gramps’ does match you.” she sighed and continued with her food when suddenly she remembered something.

She slapped Yoongi’s arm “You childish man, where’re all the Jimin infos you promised?” Yoongi inattentively raised his phone and Sohee quickly grabbed the chance and took it from his hand. She was so close to getting her filthy hands on those Jimin infos she’s been trying to get since forever, but—

“What? Are you kidding me? You have a pass code. Give me it.”

“Why would I? That’s the use of pass codes, right? For privacy.”

Sohee glared at him as if she could burn him with her eyes while handing him his cellphone back.

“Sohee, transfer to the shotgun seat.” He started the car’s engine.

“Now? Why?”

“Hyunmi’s already leaving the house.” He assumed the girl exiting the house is Hyunmi even though he can’t properly see her face. They were too far away, but nonetheless he was able to see her figure.

“Oh right.” Sohee submitted like a little kid and Yoongi stared at her with a weird look on his face.

“What? Do I have ketchup on my face?” She wiped her face with the back of her hands.

“Nothing. It’s just that you’ve grown so much since the first time I saw you with my cousin, yet you still act like a kid.”

“Yeah. You missed a big part of my puberty, baby gramps.”

“You can call me baby, but stop calling me gramps.” He said and started to drive and follow Hyunmi’s car. Yoongi thought for a moment and spoke to himself inside his head

When did this kid ever become so pretty?

Ah no. Hyunmi is prettier, I bet.

He smiled to himself and brushed off the weird thought.

 

 

When Hyunmi’s car slowed down in front of a house oozing with people holding beer cups, it was a sign that this is the venue for the house party. Yoongi saw her get off of her car and enter the house.

He wants to follow her right now, but he can’t move his feet or his hands. He’s too nervous that doubts are running all over his mind.

What if she’s not like what he expected her to be?

It has been like this since the long drive. Before this pursuit of seeing his virtual half, he expected himself to fan-boy over her when he sees her, yet by the time he saw Hyunmi’s figure locking the door of her house, his heart didn’t beat any faster like when he reads her new Tumblr posts every day, he didn’t vibrate in happiness the way he does when she posts a photo of her bias wrecker with a caption of:  “No, Jimin. I am Yoongi’s”, nor didn’t he smile to himself like an idiot just like the first time he read her Tumblr posts.

No, she didn’t feel familiar.

From the back of Yoongi’s head his conscience spoke, “Are you seriously going to think of that right now? Man, you’re so close from personally knowing her! Are you gonna stop here?”

“But she doesn’t feel like—”

“Like what? Your miss right? She’s your miss right alright. You just need to be a man and get your right in that house.” His conscience sounded so right and at the same time it feels wrong for Yoongi. He tried to reason out again, but Sohee woke up from her shallow sleep.

“Min Suga, you are so noisy. Who are you talking to?” She rubbed her eyes then looked outside the car’s window. “Oh look, we’re here already. Let’s go?”

He nodded, brushing off the weird thoughts swimming in his mind.

The two of them casually let themselves in the party as if they’re one of the invites. The air smells of mixed perfumes and beer and smoke. It made Sohee dizzy so she excused herself to go and find the bathroom.

Yoongi proceeded to discovering where Hyunmi might be. He remembers what she’s wearing; a floral black and white dress. His eyes scanned the crowd and spotted a girl sitting alone at the mini-bar, wearing the same thing in his mind.

“Hyunmi” he whispered.

He padded his way to her and sat beside her. Her attention was fully directed to her smart phone and Yoongi can see she hasn’t noticed him yet.

“Hi.”

“Hey.” She said without making an effort to even glance at the person speaking to her. The guy was somehow irritated by this because he thinks it’s unethical to talk to a person like that, but he kept his temper under control. Maybe she’s just not into speaking to strangers right now. He tried once more.

“Can I get you a drink?”

“Sorry, I already have one.”

He’s about to explode. Is this girl even Hyunmi? She can’t even recognize his lazy voice. How is that even possible if she’s Hyunmi?

“Oh, okay. Maybe you want to have a look at my face?”

“Pardon?” Now he caught her attention. She glared up at the stranger next to her and to Yoongi’s surprise; her expression wasn’t showing any sign that she recognizes him.

“Don’t you know me?”

“Should I?” her eyebrows knitted

She’s not… .

“Wait. You’re not Hyunmi…are you?”

“Oh,” She smiled immediately when she heard the name Hyunmi. “I know Hyunmi. We share the same apartment. Why, exactly?”

Yoongi laughed at his mistake. “It’s because I was expecting her to be here and I could clearly remember she said she would be here.”

“Well, she changed her plans and decided to stay at her mom’s place for the weekend”

“Ah, that’s disappointing to know.” He said “But anyways, I’m sorry for the disturbance. Please tell her I was looking for her.”

“Okay,” she gave him thumbs up.

“Thank you. Goodbye”

Then he quickly turned to walk away to search for Sohee and fortunately, she had just got out of the bathroom making it effortless for him to make a quick exit with as he held her hand.

Sohee was quite startled. “Hello. What’s up? Did you find your cyber-crush?”

“Nope. Let’s get back to the car”

 

“What happened?” she asked while putting her seatbelt on.

“Hyunmi’s not here” he smiled with satisfaction which made Sohee wonder what weird happened to this man.

“Then why are you smiling like an idiot?”

“Because I’m happy my speculations were right; that the girl we just followed isn’t Hyunmi. I felt it in my guts.” He laughed.

“What the hell? So all this time you had the feeling the girl isn’t your cyber-crush and you didn’t even budge to tell me?”

“Yeah.” He revved up the engine to life with a smile on his lips.

She threw her hands in the air and sunk back into the shotgun seat. “Ah, Yoongi you queer man! You wasted my time!”

“Why, it’s a Friday night and I know you’re a massive potato couch so I’m pretty sure you don’t have anything to do.”

She groaned “Y-you big frustrating pain in the ! Take me back home this instance!” She huffed and looked out of the window.

Yoongi felt sorry, yet he has the perfect plan to make it up to her.

“Y-yah. This is not the way to my place.” She slapped Yoongi’s arm.

“You’re right,” he smirked.

“Min Suga, where are you taking me?”

“The others have this plan of going out to the movies tonight,” he side-glanced at Sohee who looks fragile like she could cry at any moment. “It’s still early and I’m sure they haven’t left yet. Maybe you want to join us?”