c.1

Finding her

“Are you sure you’re okay here in the studio alone?” the leader asked for assurance before leaving his comrade- slash-member-slash-hyung, who is murmuring all sorts of words that express disturbance and disbelief while outrageously scrolling down whatever he is seeing on his phone.

“Uh, yeah. I think. I’ll be home when I feel the need to.” He gave the leader a big smile, yet it wasn’t enough to reach his eyes.

Namjoon stared at him with concern. It was obvious that he’s faking the smile, but he was too damn tired to ask. Maybe later at home, he’ll do that but for the meanwhile, he shall get some rest.

“Whatever you say, Yoongi-hyung. Just be sure to close the lights before leaving or—”

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll do that. You can go home now.” Yoongi kindly cut his dongsaeng’s sentence and shooed him out of the studio. He doesn’t want Namjoon to see how frustrated he is right now. But who the hell can blame him when it’s all gone? The posts are gone.

She is gone.

Due to Bangtan’s busy schedule, it was almost a week since the last time he opened his private Tumblr account and this is the surprise he gets? Hell yeah, he really is surprised with all the bull he is seeing.

His favourite blogger is currently on hiatus and not really sure if she’s coming back or not. She said her farewell to all her followers for like three days ago. He was late for three freaking days. Why was she on hiatus again?

Because of him.

She said she was being delusional about him and there was no such person named Min Yoongi. “Yoongi is just a big part of my imagination,” a part she wrote there. “I’m getting tired of having him as my imaginary boyfriend, because just like any fan, for him; I am no one.” But she was wrong.

For him, she’s everything.

Clearly, her blog posts on Tumblr were all about him. From innocent posts to vulgar posts about him (you know what I mean), and some of her answers to those who ask her “what ifs” or “what would Yoongi do” were true like it amazes him how she gets to know his personality by just watching him perform on stage and in variety shows when almost everything he displays on cam is close to being fake. It was like she knows the difference between Suga and Yoongi.

At first it was all about having fun reading her rants about Bangtan and, of course him, but it came to the point where he became really fond of her. He started following her, yet he never did an attempt to talk to her for he might talk a lot and scare her for being such a creepy stalker.

It became a must for him to read her blogs everyday like she’s a daily dose of sunshine to his shadowed persona.  But now that she left, it feels like there’s a hole in him, in all his hope that there’d be someone out there who would recognize him as Yoongi not Suga.

He will tell her he knows she exists.

He wants to have her back.

Have her back? She isn’t even his! He doesn’t even know her full name except for her username; Hyunminyoongi. That’s all he knows.

He tossed his phone to the couch and buried his pale face in his palms, hopeless for he doesn’t know what to do anymore when suddenly, Lightbulb: ON.

He got an idea.

Yoongi almost forgot. He has this friend (well, his younger cousin’s best friend), who knows how to figure out those kinds of things. He is gonna call his friend right now and get some help to track her down. Wait. That sounds so weird like; stalker-weird. Well, he is her stalker after all. Who cares?

 

 

“Who the hell is it?” Yoongi’s friend called out from behind the closed door. Her voice is muffled, but it was apparent in her tone that she is irritated with the person who came at her doorstep, banging his fist on the barrier between the inside and outside of her house at ten-freaking-o’clock on a Thursday evening.

Yoongi was about to say his name when the wooden door swung open and revealed a pretty little lady in her pyjamas. “What the hell is wrong with y—” she was about to strangle the person who interrupted her sleep, but then she realized it’s her friend. Her anger faded and lost the interest of giving him a full on rant of how wrong it is to disturb people at ten in the evening. “Oh, it’s you” she rolled her eyes.

Yoongi smiled at the familiar gesture she did. She never changed. “Yeah, it’s me. What’s up?”

“What do you want?”

His eyes widened in surprise, “Whoa, Sohee. How’d you know that oppa needed something from you?” Yoongi said in a cheesy tone as if he was talking to a kid.

“Ugh, typical Yoongi.” she murmured. “Come on in. Be sure that there’s sense into what you’re gonna ask because I am not going to entertain bull. And I don’t call people oppa.” She turned around and went inside with an excited Yoongi following her.

 

“And who is this ‘Hyunmi’ that you are talking about?” Sohee took a sip from the cup of coffee she had before turning to her laptop while Yoongi told her who Hyunmi is.

“Ah, a fan girl of course. But why are you tracking her down, exactly?”

“Because it’s like she knows me so well that I fell in love with her and I want to tell her that and bring her back to Tumblr” He said bluntly.

Sohee paused from typing codes and weird stuff on her laptop and gaped at her cyber-love-sick-friend, “That is so creepy,” she shook her head slightly. “But if I help you find her, what’s in it for me?”

“If you help me out finding her,” Yoongi smirked. He knew this was coming and he knows just the thing she longed for, “I will give you all of Jimin’s contact info.”

Sohee stiffened for a second and when it sunk into her what he said, she immediately turned her full attention back to her laptop.

“Give me the freaking URL of her Tumblr account this instance.”

And so he dictated her URL to her before leaning his back on the couch and relaxed his senses. He knew that Sohee can do magic with her laptop. Sohee, on the other hand, did everything in a rush, yet she still managed to hack Hyunmi’s Tumblr account in a matter of ten minutes. This kid really is a genius when it comes to hacking.

“Oi, Min Suga. Done.” Sohee concluded as she presented him with a few sheets of paper indicating all sorts of information he needs in finding her, including the last tweet, most recent private Facebook status, and the third from the last to her latest blog post on Blogspot.

Yoongi’s jaw dropped in awe while he scanned the papers “Wow. This is more than I asked you. Thank you so much. But, how and where did you get these things?”

“Well, it’s simple since we’re lucky enough that she didn’t really deactivate her account, I hacked her Tumblr and from there I got her e-mail address and fortunately she uses one email address for all of her accounts, and viola.” She sat beside her awed friend and got back to drinking her coffee as he intently read and learned new things about his virtual love.

“Hey, are you contented with those?” Sohee nodded at the papers Yoongi was holding.

“Yes, I think.” He breathed out. He suddenly became nervous when he gained the knowledge of her whereabouts. She’s one of those introverted person who likes to talk to herself and post things on the internet rather than talking to real people outside of the cyber world. So basically, her life is recorded online and her blog posts on Blogspot kind of unlocked a small part of her vast life. Yeah, a very different side of her compared to what she’s been posting on Tumblr, yet it seems very familiar.

It made him wonder; maybe this is how it feels like to be a fan. You don’t know anything about any of your idols yet you still love them because there’s a depiction of them in your head that they’re this, they’re that. And once you get to discover the reality behind that depiction you have, it makes you fall in love with them even more because now you know, there’s a real person behind what you see on the television or on the computer screen, not just some pretty face that smiles back at their fans.

“You two sounds exactly the same,” Yoongi blurted out.

“Excuse me?” Sohee choked.

“I mean look, we’ve been friends and known each other for like half of our lives and you and Hyunmi have a lot of similarities. I can really tell and I can pretty much imagine her as you.” he said in a serious tone Sohee really hates when in fact he sound like he’s kidding.

“And how did you know that?” Sohee raised her eyebrows and dropped a full on sass on him.

“Because I know so” the boy retorted in the same manner as hers. Sohee stared at him for a long time before teasing him like a sixth grader, “You have a crush on me, don’t you?”

“I would have you as my crush, but you have Jimin and I have Hyunmi,” he smiled like an idiot as if he really has Hyunmi as a girlfriend. “And why would you say that?”

 “Because you imagine her as me, duh.” She rolled her eyes at him. To be honest, she was a little bit uncomfortable of having her bestfriend’s cousin to imagine her as his crush. And it’s just not that. He’s BTS’s rapper! Who wouldn’t be uncomfortable? “But anyways, did you notice she doesn’t have any photo of herself?”

“No, I didn’t. I was too busy imagining us having our first conversation,” He smiled contentedly.

Sohee slapped the back of his head, “You are ing deluded. You and your virtual crush are very similar. Go ahead and marry her.”

“Thank you so much for giving us the blessing, eomma” he smiled sarcastically then both of them became quiet.

Sohee was the first to break the silence. “So, what’s your plan now?”

“I’ll go to her tomorrow at six in the evening since she said in her last tweet she’ll be at a house party.”

“Then? How will you know where that party is?”

 “We’ll follow her from her house to the place where the house party will be held.”

“’We’? Who told you I’m going with you?” she folded her arms across her chest.

“Oh. Okay then,” Yoongi stood up, ready to walk out of Sohee’s house. “Say goodbye to your Jimin oppa,” he smirked.

Sohee squealed in panic and pulled Yoongi back to his seat. “Okay, alright! I’m going. Pick me up tomorrow at four and don’t forget to bring some fast food. And a lot of ketchup.”

“Roger that.” Yoongi gave her two thumbs up.

“Now get your off my couch and go home. You ing ruined my sleep.”

 

“Bye, knucklehead. Have a good night’s rest, okay? I need you tomorrow” with a big smile plastered on his face, Yoongi messed up her hair and slowly walked backwards.

“Bye, brain fart. Take care on your way home if you still want to see your virtual-girl” She teased.

“Yeah, I’ll do that. Goodnight.” He winked and turned to open his car.

Sohee made sure his car was already out of sight before running upstairs. She immediately unlocked her phone and dialled up her friend’s number. “Oh. My. God. I am really really really sorry, Hyunmi. Can we talk tonight? Meet me at the café near your house. I need to explain some things.”