Singing my blue

Blues {Sequel to Come Back Home}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

       Leaving her was the most difficult thing he had ever done. He didn’t want that but she forced him. The problem was that, he was missing her more than everything. He couldn’t think properly. She was his everything but she was overly jealous and he didn’t like it.  It was late at night when Jiyong left Chaerin crying alone in their apartment and he felt awful for doing that.


 **

 

      After leaving the apartment, Jiyong wandered through the wet streets of Seoul, trying to organize the thoughts that were running through his mind. He stopped at a corner and saw a couple walking under a red umbrella with their arms locked. He sighed and felt the rain pouring on his face  “Maybe I overreacted a little bit…she was just making sure that Kiko was only a regular friend…those magazines already said too much and she was just afraid of losing me…” . He bit his lower lips and felt his clothes getting soaked up.  Jiyong kept walking while the rain was getting heavier, his hair getting wet as he walked and his clothes sticking to his body. He mumbled to himself while looking at his clothes “I should probably find a place so I can dry myself up…”. He got into a bakery shop that was still opened even though it was almost 1am. Jiyong looked at the name of the shop and let out a heavy sighed “You’ll follow me everywhere, won’t you?” . Sweet Sky was its name.

       Jiyong looked carefully to see if anyone was inside the place. “If someone sees me it’ll be my end…” he mumbled. But it was empty, as expected from a bakery shop during the dawn, what made him feel even more relieved. Jiyong shook himself a bit before going in. He sat in a small table by the window to see the rain drops pouring and streaming down the glass.

     His mind was driving him to her and he could feel nothing but guilty. Chaerin was crying nonstop while he was walking down the stairs, he heard her. “Maybe we can solve things, or maybe I should let her go…this is not a healthy relationship for her…” he kept thinking while watching the rain drops streaming down the glass. “Oh, excuse me…mister?” the waitress’ voice interrupted Jiyong’s thoughts, “Can I have your order?”. Jiyong looked at her with a blank expression as if he just woke up. He thought a little bit before choosing what he was going to order; he looked at the menu and sighed. “Hm…I think I’ll have a Caramel Sky and a Cloud cake. Thank you very much.” he bowed a little at the waitress and smiled. She didn’t seem to recognize him but he didn’t care.

      Jiyong’s order took a few minutes to get ready and it gave him plenty of time to think. “It’s not a healthy relationship for her. She said it; ‘I hate you! I hate you so much! You make me feel like I’m crazy! Just tell me she means nothing to you!’. It’s not healthy for her to feel like this…I need to let her go…” he thought to himself feeling like the rain drops that were falling were the tears that he didn’t want to cry.

       The waitress came with his order and placed everything in front of him. “Hope you like it, mister…” she said expecting him to tell her his name. “Baek Soo, Jung Baek Soo” he completed it and smiled at her. “Oh, I hope you like it Jung Baek Soo-sshi!” she bowed and smiled shyly at him. She wasn’t so old; it seemed that she was in her twenties. He felt his heart getting warm at her smile and cupped his hands around his Caramel Sky that was in a cute yellow cup.

      “Is she still crying? I wish I could know she’s ok now…she can cry herself ‘til sleep…” he kept thinking as he was giving his first sip on his “sky”.  Jiyong paid for his order and left the store with a “Hope you enjoyed your cake and drink! Please comeback to Sweet Sky more times! Thank you for coming!”, that the young waitress said to him and a big smile from her. But he didn’t pay much attention to her; of course he was happy to see that someone was being kind to him when he was in that situation but his mind was full of  Chaerin and didn’t have room for another girl.

       Jiyong kept walking. At 1:30am he decided to crash at Taeyang’s house.  He took his cell phone from his front pocket and sent a message to Taeyang through Kakaotalk “Need a place to sleep. Huge fight with Chae…”.  After sending the message, Jiyong put his cell phone back to his pocket and continued his walking. “It’s better to walk there; it will give me plenty of time to clear my thoughts…I better to walk…” he kept mumbling to himself.

     It took Jiyong almost thirty minutes to get to Taeyang’s apartment. “Man, I thought you weren’t coming…” Taeyang said as Jiyong was entering the apartment. “So, you and Chaerin…what happened between you guys?” he sighed and closed the door. “Kiko happened. Again.” Jiyong stood in the middle of the apartment all soaked up and making the floor wet. “Wait, let me get you a towel so you don’t catch a cold and I don’t catch my mop…” Taeyang rushed to his bedroom to take a clean and soft towel to Jiyong. “Please, keep talking!” he yelled from his room. “She sent me a message…she wants to meet me so we can discuss our next photoshoot together but Chae took my phone and saw the message and you know what all the magazines said in the past…she freaked out, asking me what Kiko wanted with me…” Jiyong scratched the back of his head and bent his head down for a little. “Why didn’t you say to her that you were discussing about a photoshoot?” Taeyang was back with the towel for Jiyong. “I panicked and said that Kiko wanted to know about future YG’s shows in Japan.” Jiyong said while drying himself up. Taeyang stared at him with a serious face. “Lying is never the way…you know it.” he sighed. Jiyong looked up at him and also sighed because he knew that Taeyang was right. “Anyway…let’s eat something because I was stuck in my room up until now, playing a melody that doesn’t come out of my mind…I’m starving!” Taeyang said heading to the kitchen. “Oh, get some of my clothes and go take a shower; otherwise you’ll end up getting a cold…” Taeyang said. Jiyong went to Taeyang’s bedroom and took a long sleeve shirt and a regular short. He took a bath and put his clothes on before going to the kitchen.

       Jiyong headed to the kitchen and remained silent while Taeyang was getting some things out of the fridge. “I have some kimchi that my mom brought me and I’ll boil some eggs…want some?” Taeyang said turning to Jiyong to show him the kimchi. “I’ll accept a little bit…I just ate a piece of cake but I never refuse kimchi…” Jiyong said resting his back on the kitchen’s cold wall. “Will you go there tomorrow to solve things?” Taeyang continued as he started to boil the eggs. “I can’t…she has a schedule tomorrow morning and another one at night…” Jiyong looked down at his feet feeling his head heavy. “If you want you can stay here tomorrow too…you know, so you can relax and think better about what to do to solve things, instead of doing it late at night…” Taeyang said turning to Jiyong. “I will probably do that…” Jiyong sighed.

 

 ***


 

      Taeyang ate his dinner while Jiyong ate kimchi in a small plate, both silent. Chaerin never leaving Jiyong’s thoughts, just like their fight. The TV was on but only Taeyang was paying attentio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter