Chapter thirty nine

Worthless Love : A wife for Mark Tuan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later..

“Appa..where are you going?” Lily asked sadly while pouting.

The little girl looked over her parents who was getting ready. Mark needed to head back to Seoul while Hyun Ae need to go work. They looked at each other before two of them bend down to her level.

“Appa is going to work, dear..” Mark carried his daughter and stood up.

“Can I follow you?” Lily asked innocently.

Mark looked over Hyun Ae and Mrs. Im before nodded his head. Lily’s eyes lit up in excitement as she kissed her father’s cheek.

“Who will take care of her?” Hyun Ae asked worriedly as Mark just gave his wife a smile.

“Mummy..you’ll go to Seoul too, right? Then, let’s just go together..discuss it with Mr. Nam first and I’ll wait..” he simply replied

Then, Hyun Ae get into her room to get Lily’s cloth. Suddenly, her phone rang and Jinyoung’s name shown up. Without wasting the time, she slide the screen away and answered it.

“Jinyoung-ah..” she called his name softly.

She felt something different in him. She could confidently said that he was growing a distance between them. She was about to talk but Jinyoung was second faster.

“Can I talk to Lily?” Jinyoung coughed, and it seems he was sick.

“Jinyoung, gwenchana?” Hyun Ae asked worriedly.

Before she could pay attention towards what Jinyoung was about to say, her husband and daughter already came into the room. Mark gave his wife a question face with who she was talking and she answered it with a mouth gesture even no voice came out. Hyun Ae then gave her phone to the little girl.

“Neh! I miss you too,daddy! I’m going to Seoul with Umma and Appa..” Lily beamed excitedly through the phone.

Jinyoung just chuckled hearing the little girl’s voice although inside his heart already cried. He misses Lily so much,  all this time he was the one who took the position of a father for Lily. He already considered the little girl was his own daughter and of course, he was taken aback and sad when he realized that now he needed to left them ; Hyun Ae and Lily.

“Lily, promise to me that you’ll be a good girl for Umma and Appa,okay?” Jinyoung asked through the phone.

Since Hyun Ae already turned it to the loud speaker, she felt something different with the tone that Jinyoung was using. Either than he sounded so sick, he sounded like he was going far away. Mark also feels something different with it.

“Promise, daddy...Daddy, can we meet? I miss you..” Lily asked through the phone.

Jinyoung let out a soft chuckle before answering. “Sure..daddy will visit you soon in Seoul..”

“Okay.. I love you, daddy..” Lily said and again Jinyoung chuckled through the phone.

“I love you too, dear..”

Soon, the call was ended. Hyun Ae secretly heaved a silent sigh. She closed her eyes for a while when she felt her heart dropped. She felt something in Jinyoung, he seems heartbroken and she needed to admit that she almost cried when she heard Jinyoung’s voice. Suddenly, she felt a warm hand wrapped against her left palm. She opened her eyes and meet a pair of soft gaze of her husband.

“Should we go?” Mark asked and Hyun Ae  flashed her husband a small smile before nod.

~~

Jinyoung coughed hardly as his body was slightly trembling. He rested his back against the headboarder and closed his eyes. He cleared his throat sometimes when it feel burning. Suddenly, the door was parted and his mom came in. She brought along a tray of porridge and glass of water and went to the bed. She seat on the empty place and Jinyoung flashed his mother a weak smile.

“Let’s eat first, Jinyoung and then take the medicines..” Mrs. Park said and she took the porridge about to feed her son.

Jinyoung didn’t reject it, it has been a long time he didn’t fall sick and he couldn’t even remember when was the last time his mom feed him so he took the chance again to pamper with his mom.

“Let’s go to the clinic, okay? Your temperature didn’t decrease at all..” Mrs. Park stated worriedly.

“It’s okay, mom..I just want to rest..it will decrease later..” Jinyoung replied as he reject the feed.

He was already full or the right one he did’t have any appetite. He has been having a fever for almost a week. He didn’t take regular meal and he kept himself busy with work as he thought it was the best way to forget Hyun Ae but it was no avail because he still think of her no matter how hard he tried.

Mrs. Park sighed deeply when she looked over her own son. She understand that it would be very formidable for him but no matter what Hyun Ae was still Mark’s wife and Jinyoung needed to let her go. Sometimes, she was glad of having a very kind hearted son like him but as a mom, she wanted to see him led himself to find his own happiness. All this time, he has been sacrificing himself alot. He hides his own feelings because he didn’t want Hyun Ae to grow a distance when she find out that he loves her.

“Jinyoung..” Mrs. Park rubbed Jinyoung’s hand.

Jinyoung just responded with a small hurmm.

“Move on, son..please..Mom can’t stand to see you like this..”

Jinyoung wrapped their hand together and flashed his mom a cheeky smile that looked so weak.

“I will, mom..just give me a little more time..” Jinyoung stated with a smile.

~~

They finally arrived in Seoul and after Mark and Hyun Ae send Lily to Mummy’s house, Mark send Hyun Ae to Seven Holdings to meet Mr. Nam. Everything goes smoothly until the evening when everybody were ready to go home.

“I’m happy for the news, Hyun Ae.. you deserve the happiness..” Mr. Nam said with a assuring smile on his face.

“Thank you, sir..” Hyun Ae slightly bowed towards her boss.

Later, she walked out from the building alone since Mark went to his office to get his briefcase. Hyun Ae waited for him impatiently as she tried to supress the pain that digging in her tummy. She was experiencing the period pain again after a long time. She slipped her left hand in the handbag only to look for a empty medicines sachet.

“I should ask Mark to stop at the nearby pharmacy before it’s getting worst..” she mumbled alone.

~~

Mark’s eyes turn wide in shock when he saw Victoria was waiting in his office.

“What do you want?” Mark asked coldly, trying to contol his anger.

“Mark..actually..” Victoria stuttering as she walked nearing him.

“Mark.. I miss you and I want this engagement..you love me,right?” Victoria asked as she tried to grab for his hand but he was faster and took few steps backwards.

Mark smirked at her sentences, he was totally mad with her. If she truly loves him, she would never do such a thing. She should be honest although he already forgive his mom but it doesn’t mean he forgive her.

“I love you, Mark! Please tell your mom not to break our engagement!” Victoria went out of control as she hugged Mark tightly.

The anger inside Mark became out of control as he pushed her harshly but not to notice that Victoria already marked his shirt with her red lipstick. He grabbed for his briefcase and fixed himself.

“I’m regret for making you as my first love! And don’t bring up about the engagemnet that never happened!” Mark pointed out his index finger straight on Victoria’s face before he walked out angrily.

Mark dashed his feet angrily towards the his car but his mood back to normal when he saw his wife waiting for him. He went to her but his face changed to the worry one when he saw his wife

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter