Part Two

Rebound

The sound of rain outside your house and the soft music that played on your speakers were the only thing keeping you company during this lonely night. Your parents were out to visit a friend in a province and won't be back for a week.

Being alone in this house didn't bother you, though. You actually kind of liked it because no one would constantly try and make eat, go outside or have some rest. You could just drown yourself in your work to your heart's content.

It had been a month since your encounter with Hoseok and his girlfriend, Rikka, and the only thing that made you forget them was your work. You barely even manage to sleep at least three hours before you find yourself awake again. But, it's not like you don't want to sleep again whever you woke up. In fact, you would do whatever it takes to have a proper sleep again. Only, you're too afraid to do it. For everytime you fell asleep, you dreams would be invaded by things that made your heart ache when you wake up.

You would often dream of yourself, hanging on a cliff with only your hands holding on to the ground, keeping yourself from falling. Then, you would see Hoseok, staring at you before slowly offering his hand for help. But out of nowhere, that Rikka would appear to drag him away, leaving you screaming for him before finally giving in and just letting yourself fall.

That dream would always remind you of what Hoseok did to you, and you just don't want to hurt anymore. You're tired of crying. Tired of hurting.

So you chose to just exhaust your physical body to spare your heart.

While you were busy typing on your laptop, not really paying attention to the music, you heard a knock on your door. Pausing, you stood up and went to the door like a robot. You had been like this for quite a while now. Doing things without really thinking about it. The only times you would really feel anything was after your dreams, which you purposefully avoids.

"Who's there?" You asked, your voice hoarse from being unused.

When no one answered, you opened the door, not caring if it's a thief.

The moment you saw who was outside, though, you began to feel your heart again. It was beating fast... too fast...

"Y/N," Hoseok whispered. His face looked worried as he took in the sight of you.

You just stood there and stared at him, the pent up emotions you tried to supress was rising again, bombarding you all at once. You felt so happy to see him again... so excited, yet you also felt sad... hurt. But the emotion that took over you was anger.

"Y/N... can we please talk?" Hoseok asked and that pushed you to your limit. You slapped him with all your might, breathing heavily.

"How dare you..." you said and it shocked you that, for the first time, the thought or rather, the sight of Hoseok didn't make you cry. All you felt was anger and hatred.

Hoseok didn't move, didn't even cover his cheek, which was now starting to redden.

"How dare barge in here and ask me for a chat after what you did," you continued, glaring daggers at him.

Hoseok looked at you with pleading eyes but instead of making you go soft, it only fueled your anger more.

"Please just listen to me," he said again but you refused. You shook your head furiously at him.

"No. I don't want to hear your lies anymore. Leave me alone will you?" You screamed at him.

"Y/N," he said and you accidentally saw his eyes which was filled with regret. "Y/N, please. Just give me a chance to explain myself..."

"Explain yourself?" You scoffed at him. "You already missed that chance the last time we met. So don't think you'll be having that chance again."

Hoseok stared at you for a moment, and the longer he looked at you with those pleading eyes, the more your resolve started to waver.

Suddenly, Hoseok's stance changed. He looked so determined 

in an instant that it caught you off guard.

"Fine, then. If you don't to listen, I'll make you," he said before closing the distance between you two with big steps.

"Y/N," he said, pulling you into a tight hug. You struggled to break free but he's much stronger than you.

"Let. Go. Of me!" You screamed as you struggled.

"Never," he said. "Y/N, please. Please take me back. I love you. And I'm so sorry about what I did."

The words "I love you" and "I'm sorry" made you stop struggling. Hoseok took it as a good sign and relaxed his hold on you a little but you used that moment to push him away from you before giving him another painful slap and proceeded on giving him punches on his chest.

"You liar!" You screamed as you continued to punch him. "Do you really enjoy seeing me suffer, you bastard?!"

Hoseok just let you hurt him, occasionally stepping back from the force of your punches until the two of you were already outside, getting wet from the rain, all the while, you kept on screaming liar at him.

When you finally grew tired and your chest felt a lot lighter than it had ever been in a month, you just let your head rest on his chest, your hands clinging on to his shirt as you finally burst into tears.

Hoseok gently put his arms around you, his one hand resting on your back while the other holding the back of head. The gesture was so tender, so loving you ended up crying louder.

"I hate you..." you kept on muttering in between sobs. "I hate you, Jung Hoseok."

"I know," he whispered then kissed your forehead lightly. "I know, and I'm so sorry. Please, forgive me, Y/N. I swear, I'll do anything, just take me back."

"But... why?" You asked, still crying.

Hoseok shrugged, hugging you tightly.

"I just realized that whom I really love is you," he said. "I will admit it. When I first approached you, it's just because I want to forget. So when Rikka came to me, I accepted her again in an instant. But all those times that I was with her, all I could think about, all I cared about, was you. That's when I realized that I'm already in love with you. That it's you I really want to be with."

Hoseok stopped to give you another kiss on your head.

"I'm really sorry about leaving you, Y/N. I was a fool. I wasn't in my right mind during those times..."

Your heart melted at his every word. Your mind was already shouting at you to not be a fool. To not make the same mistakes twice but you couldn't help yourself. Your heart has more command over you than your mind.

Letting out a sigh of defeat and forgiveness, you reached for Hoseok's head and pulled it down towards you. Your lips met his in a passionate kiss, rain making it hard for you to breathe.

"Let's go inside," Hoseok whispered on your lips and you nodded.

He carried you bridal style inside your house and shut the door closed.

"You should change your clothes, Y/N. I don't want you to get sick," Hoseok said.

You smiled at him and went to your room to change. You also threw some of your father's clothes for him to change into.

Once freshly dressed, Hoseok took you to your bed and laid beside you, hugging you close to him. His breathe tickling your ear. He slowly began singing your favorite song.

He suddenly paused then said, "Sleep now, Y/N. You look terrible with those dark circles under your eyes."

You chuckled a little at this. "But those circles are your fault."

Hoseok sighed. "I know and I'm sorry."

You just nodded and closed your eyes as he continued to sing.

God, how much you missed this. Missed him.

"I love you, Y/N. Thank you for this second chance. I promise you, I won't waste it. Sleep well."

Those were the last words you heard before a dreamless, peaceful sleep overcame you.

~end