Part One

Rebound

"I'm so sorry Y/N, but I can't do this anymore. I'm breaking up with you..."

You stared blankly at the ceiling, letting the tears flow from your eyes. Hoseok's words from yesterday still haunts you. You didn't know why he suddenly decided to break up with you. Everything was going fine with you two. You were both happy with each others company...

Just thinking about Hoseok made your heart clenched and you gasped in pain. You're not sure if the pain you're feeling was imaginary or the impact of the break up was that big to cause you real pain. You're sure though that Hoseok was the cause of all this. 

You curled yourself into a ball and held your chest with your hands tightly, crying and sobbing. You were amazed on how you managed to cry without stopping since yesterday and how you still had tears to shed. You felt so drained already. You didn't even want to stand up to eat. 

A knock on your door brought you back to your senses.

"Y/N..." you heard your friend called you. "Y/N, your mom asked me to talk to you.

She said you hadn't eaten since yesterday," you friend said, sounding worried.

"I'm fine," you croaked, no voice coming out of you. 

Slowly, your door opened and your friend entered and sat on your bed.

"I just heard about what happened," she said, indicating your break up. "I'm so sorry." You just nodded at her, not wanting to speak.

"You know what? Let's just go to the mall. I think you need to wind up a little," she said but you just shook your head. "C'mon. It will be fun."

Not having any energy left to argue with her, you let her pick clothes for you and fix you up before letting her drag you to the mall. 

You numbly followed your friend inside the mall. As she energetically went from store to store, picking and buying things, you simply stared on nothingness, feeling nothing. 

Well, at least you're not crying anymore. The sight of people were enough to distract you from the thought of Hoseok.

As you two were walking though, a familiar guy caught your eye. 

You saw Hoseok standing in front of a boutique, looking gorgeous and stunning.

"Hoseok..." you whispered and your friend quickly followed your line of sight.

"Let's just watch a movie, yeah?" she suddenly asked you when she saw Hoseok but you shook your head.

"I want to talk to him," you said. 

Your friend looked at you as if you were crazy.

"Are you a sadist or something? Let's not hurt yourself anymore okay? Let's just watch some movie or something," she said, taking your hand in her and pulling you to the opposite direction.

"No... no, I need to talk to him. I need to know why," you insisted, finding enough strength to pull your hand off her and run towards Hoseok.

"Hoseok..." you called, and his head turned to your direction, his eyes widening at the sight of you.

"Y/N..." he said, taking a step towards you but hastily stepping twice away from you.

"Oppa!" you heard a shrill voice called and you turned to look at the owner of the voice. You saw a pretty girl walking towards Hoseok, smiling sweetly at him.

"Rikka," Hoseok said, looking panicked. 

He looked from Rikka to you and back again. 

Rikka finally seemed to notice you. She turned and looked at you from head to toe, before glaring at you.

"Who are you?" she asked. 

You didn't answer her. You didn't even want to know who she is.

"I asked you, lady. Who are you?" she asked again in that shrill voice of her. 

She walked closer to Hoseok and hooked her arm on his, still not taking her eyes off you.

"Oh, let me guess... You're oppa's ex-girlfriend, right?" she said with a smirk and you couldn't help but flinch at the word "ex-girlfriend".

"Rikka," Hoseok said in a warning tone but she ignored him.

"Why are you here? Are you gonna beg oppa to return to you?" she said.

"Rikka," Hoseok said, louder this time. 

Rikka removed her hand from Hoseok and walked towards you.

"Well, if you're going to do that, you might as well stop now. He won't return to you so save your efforts."

"But... I'm not..." you heard yourself said. Your voice came out hoarse and very quietly, making yourself sound pathetic. 

Hoseok gave you a worried look and that was enough to make your eyes water again. Maybe if you do what this girl just said, Hoseok would return to you.

"Oh, really?" she said, raising an eyebrow. 

You shook your head. "I just want to know why..." you trailed off as you heard the girl scoff and laugh.

"You want to know why?" she said.

"I'll tell you why, then. Oppa just went out with you because I left him first. You were just in a rebound relationship with him. That's why I am telling you to back off now because nothing you say will make him go back to you."

You stood, shocked at what Rikka said. 

You looked at Hoseok, silently begging him to deny it but all you saw was guilt, sadness and regret in his eyes. 

No... no, that's not true.

You felt Hoseok's love for you... you should have known if you were just a rebound... But you don't have to hear Hoseok confirm it. His face says it all. 

You wouldn't be able to fool yourself now.

You felt your tears fall, the pain on your chest back with a vengeance. Your knees suddenly felt weak and you slowly slid down on the floor.

You saw Hoseok took a step forward towards you but Rikka stopped him and with a final smirk at you, dragged Hoseok away from you. 

You felt a hand pat your back gently before helping you stand up.

"Let's go home now, okay?" you heard your friend's voice and you just nodded.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you to go out today," she said.

You only heard her say things to you but you couldn't comprehend a thing. How you wished you didn't asked them. Or much better, you wished you hadn't known Jung Hoseok. 

You didn't want to think about anything anymore.

You feel so tired and weak. Without your friend helping you stay up and walk, you knew you would fall. 

You allowed yourself one final glance at Hoseok. You saw Rikka clinging possessively at him. 

That was the last thing that registered in your mind before everything went black. ~end