Step 3

Couple Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day, Heerin tried to act as normal as she could. She forced herself to be more cheerful so then no one suspected anything. But the dark circle in her eyes betrayed her.

"Are you okay? Did you have enough sleep?", Woohyun said while brushing her cheek with his thumb. Heerin startled and immediately stepped backward, avoiding the contact which unconsciously made him frown.

"I'm okay, Woohyun-sshi. Let's back to practice", she forced smile and began to focus on music again. Woohyun sensed something fishy by her action, but he decided to not ask any further.

 

Day by day, they continued to practice hard until it was just two days before competition. Heerin tried her best to keep up her performance. She didn't want to disappoint the teachers again. She really liked when it was time for them to dance. She could show how much her feeling for him and she could imagine as if they were real couple. But as soon as the dance over, she immediately distanced herself, trying to hide everything she felt about him. And it became worst. It hurt her whenever she around him.

 

***

 

"Heerin dear, don't you go back home?", Bora asked before left the practice room. Heerin still sat on the floor, stretching a bit.

"I want to be here longer Oenni. It is our last day after all.", she replied with smile.

"Okay. Just be careful when you're going home.", she advised before left the room. She nodded and lay down on the floor. Stared at the ceiling, she was wondering about the competition day, about how the result will be, and how she supposed to bid farewell to him. Summer holiday will over soon and they must go back to school. There's no way she can meet him again. She doesn't have a proper reason to keep meeting him besides dancing matter.

She let out the big sigh and stood up to begin practice again. She did some moves but it felt strange without someone beside her. She kept trying again but ended up being lonelier. Then she tried another dance which she usually does with Teacher Jung back then. But still... It was not the same. It seemed like she already accustomed with couple dance. She finally gave up and only sat there, staring blankly at practice mirror. Out of her expectation, tears fell down to her cheek. She quickly wiped them with weakly smile. Maybe she will always remember him whenever she dances.

"Are you nervous for D day?", Tea

Please log in to read the full chapter