Step 2

Couple Dance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Time flew fast. It was only one week before competition. The students worked really hard to memorize the dance and synchronized the moves with their partner. And the evaluation time came. Teacher Kim and Teacher Jung looked at their performance intensely and took notes to evaluate.

 

“Yah! Park Heerin! Is it the lovely expression? Your face looked stiff for God’s sake!”, Teacher Kim scolded. Heerin lowered her head. She never been scolded by Teacher Jung so then she felt extremely scared. Moreover his face looked really serious and terrified, not friendly like usual.

“It’s true Heerin. I really want to defend you but what Teacher Kim said is true. You know that dance also include facial expression right? The dance is about the girl who falling in love and you definitely didn’t look like that. When you danced your solo part that’s nothing problem but as soon as Woohyun entered, you seemed uncomfortable. Is anything wrong?”, Teacher Jung explained. Heerin felt Woohyun gaze at her. She shook her head.

“I just unfamiliar with couple dance, Teacher. I’m sorry. I will try again”, she replied weakly.

Teacher Kim sighed. “I don’t guarantee you can win if you don’t show any improvement. Woohyun-ah, go help her!”

They both bowed to the teachers and exit the room. Woohyun grabbed her hand to the backyard.

 

“Hey, don’t you hear what Teacher Kim said? I must practice harder to make improvement!”, she reminded him. He ignored her and as soon as they arrived in backyard, he gestured her to sit in bench.

“Trust me! You need this. I’ll be right back.”, then he went off. Heerin sighed and tried to sit comfortably, relaxing her tense muscles. She closed her eyes and felt the summer breeze. Suddenly she felt something cold on her cheek which surprised her.

“Ouch cold!”, she shrieked. Woohyun chuckled and gave her the juice can. She pouted but still accepted it.

“It’s refreshing isn’t it?”, he asked. She hummed as reply. He ruffled her hair.

“Don’t take it to your heart. Teacher Kim is kind and warm person but he could be strict if it all about dance and lesson. He just want us to be perfect and win the competition.”.

 

She stared at him. Almost one month she practiced with him. It was enough to notice his presence, his smile, his manly scent, his big hands which held her body during dance, his serious eyes when the teacher explained something to them, and his body movement which seemed effortlessly awesome. She didn’t know that she could notice those things of him.

 

Heerin seemed stared at him for unnecessary long time so then he waved hand in front of her. “Do you hear what I said?”, he asked, making her snap back to reality. She just gave him a blank expression, meaning that she didn’t catch it.

“I’ll tell you a secret. Do you know why Teacher Kim and Teacher Jung have strong chemistry during dance?”, he said. She shook her head vigorously.

“They are in love for each other.”, he whispered. Heerin covered to prevent not to gasp out loud. “I don’t have any idea about it”.

“They are professional. They don’t show affection in front of students of course, but when they dancing, the attraction and chemistry between them are so strong.”, he explained. Heerin nodded her head as agreement. He turned to look at her.

“So, if you want to be like them, you must pretend to love me.”, he suggested. Her eyes widened. “EEHH??”

“Not really love me, just pretend to be like th

Please log in to read the full chapter