•I Only Love You•

K-POP One Shot Collection

   Break up. Oh, that filthy word. Nobody ever liked that word. 80% of people who experienced break up wouldn't move on and rather stuck in their bedroom while hugging the picture of their ex, crying day til night. Geez. 

 

   10% would move on and never looked back. Seems like their relationship were never a fate... What about the other 10%?

 

 They're the transparent move on. 

 

   They had moved on yet their ex still lingered somewhere in their mind. And one of this desease's victim is Lee Hongbin.

 

-----

 

   The glass door of the little wooden cafe was pushed open, bell hung upon it rang. There stood a man in a green cotton-made tee with a grey coat above it, wore ed. 

 

   'This is it....' He sighed and walked into the cafe interior. Every footsteps went with a clank on the wooden floor. As he got into it, there sat a girl ,with a salmon pink dress hung til her knees perfectly, beside the humongous glass window. A novel in her right hand and a mug filled with coffee on the other.'This is it...She's the girl...'

 

   The man smiled and walked closer towards the girl."Hi." He greeted the latter who then looked up from her book. She smiled and his own faded.'Mina?' He shook his head slightly and smiled again."You're Kim Ahreum, am I right?" He asked and she nodded."Yes, and you're Hongbin?" Ahreum said, abit like a question, and the said man nodded.

 

   The brunnete smiled brighter and gestured him to sit. Hongbin then nodded politely and sat on the chair, facing her figure."Wow, didn't know my blind date is this handsome!" Ahreum beamed and he shyly rubbed his nape."Thanks, you're beautiful too." He complimanted the other and she laughed. He frozed then as he heard her laughter.

 

   It was his ex's laughter. She would laugh out loud if he complimanted her. Hongbin shook his head a couple of time and blinked his eyes."Hey, are you okay?" Ahreum asked, interrupting his thought."Uh, y-yeah. Just a bit of...headache." Liar. That's the last word she told him. Hongbin promised himself to never use any words connected to it but...it wouldn't hurt to try once, right?

 

   "Hey!" Ahreum snapped her fingers infront of the man's face as a frown appeared on her face. He couldn't take it anymore. This girl...this girl remind him of her."I'm sorry, Ahreum-ssi. I...I can't do this anymore." Hongbin stood up and left the girl who sighed.

 

-----

 

   Hongbin ran as fast as his leg could brought him towards Mina's apartment but as he stood at the doorframe, there stuck a note on the door. He took the note and read the content.

 

'Lee Mina, sent to the hospital on 10:30 a.m. If you have any business with her, please....'

 

   The man didn't finished reading yet he ran towards the nearest hospital. Hongbin shed a tear which escaped from his eye as he ran. Soon, he arrived at the hospital building and dashed towards the counter."I-Is there a patient named L-Lee Mina?" The brown-haired man said and the nurse browsed through the computer.

 

   "Yes, there is--" "Where is she?" Hongbin cut her off, a little rudely , but the nurse softly answered."Level 3, room 303." She answered and Hongbin thanked the nurse, apologizing afterwards for his rudeness before. Without hesitation, he took the stairs instead of the lift as he knew it would be hectic.

 

   As Hongbin arrived at the doorframe of Mina's room, he took a deep breath in and pushed the door. There laid Mina, hospital materials equipped to her skin. His heart clenched in pain as he watched her, sleeping as if lifeless. The oscilloscope meter beeped evenly and he thought, 'why is this happening?'

 

   Mina had been attacked by tumor. She had a thin chance to live and that was the reason they broke up. She knew he loved her with all his heart, that was why, she decided it was over for them as she didn't wanted to hurt him when she died. Mina knew she would die. There was no more option left.

 

   Hongbin slowly walked towards her, closing the door in process, and hsi eyes were breaming tears."Mina-yah....W-wake up, please..." He mumbled and placed his hand on her hair, it softly. It felt just the same, silky brown with the scent of lavender.

 

   A tear escaped Hongbin's eye and he sobbed."I should've been selfish. I should'nt let you go..." He muttered and sobbed harder.

  "I only love you, Lee Mina..."

 

   Suddenly, the oscilloscope fastened it's beat. Hongbin panicked and pressed the emergency button. Few seconds later, there came in the doctors and nurses."Yes, sir?" The doctor asked and Hongbin cried."M-Mina!! Sh-she's dying! Help her!!" He yelled as he shook the doctor by his coat."Calm down, sir!" A nurse came and pulled the man away from the other. 

 

   "I'm sorry, sir but we need to take her to the emergency room." The doctor informed and the nurses detached her bed from the wall. Hongbin ran towards her side and followed her bed.'Please be okay, Mina...Please....'

 

-----

 

   Hongbin sighed for the umpth time that day. It had been 4 hours since Mina was admitted into the emergency room. He buried his face in his hand, body bent slightly.

 

   Alas, the same doctor came out of the emergency room and Hongbin automatically stood up."What's your relationship with Mina?" The doctor asked and he hesitated."I'm...her guardian." He answered and the doctor nodded."Well, I'm sorry to say this but she's..." The doctor didn't finished his sentence yet Hongbin had his knees on the floor. 

 

   Regretful tears strimmed down his pale skin as the doctor's hand was placed on his shoulder for comfort."I should've come earlier..." Hongbin cried as his face was buried in his hands."I should've stopped her...."

 

-----

 

   It was sunny yet cloudy. The tree leaves rustled loudly as the wind blew away the dried leaf and it landed on a curved stone.

 

               Lee Mina

         Died 24th March 20--

 

   Hongbin rested his hand on her tombstone and sighed. He rested the white roses on it as he knelt beside her grave."How is it up there, Mina? It must've be nice." He asked and chuckled."I remembered our first date, you were wearing a simple white tee with short jeans. You were very beautiful, really. I remembered your smile. It was addictive. Like a drug...I hope you're smilling even happier there."

 

   A tear again was shedded as he knelt beside the tombstone were there engraved the name of his love."I love you, Mina. Only you. I will always and will ever do." He promised and kissed the stone before walking away from the cold cemetery.

 

   "And I love you too, Hongbin..."