Goodbye Summer

K-POP One Shot Collection

Okay,I made this fic myself inspired by the song 'Goodbye Summer' f(x) feat. D.O. Enjoy!! 

______________________________________

I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls,

 

I don’t know why it was so fun even when we were being punished,

_______________________________________

 

   "Oh! I'm so sorry!" Soo Kyung apologized and bowed towards the male infront of her."Ah~ It's okay!" He assured her while showing his heart shaped smile and he examined the book she was holding."Geography? You're heading to that class?" He asked in curiousity.

 

   "Uh...Yeah!" She answered as she stood up and looked at him."Why?" She questioned him and he chuckled."Great! I'm heading there too!" He beamed and she laughed."What a coinsidence." Soo Kyung chuckled."Wanna go there together?" He offered and she nodded quickly in excitement."Yeah, sure!" She accepted and he chuckled. 

 

   "By the way, what's your name?" He asked her on their way to his locker for him to gather up his books for the class."Oh! It's Soo Kyung. Yours?" She answered and looked at him for answer."Kyung Soo. Wow, we have the same name!" He beamed while she frowned."How is that?" She asked in confusion and he laughed.

 

   "Soo Kyung and Kyung Soo. Get it?" He arched an eyebrow at her and she repeated the words couple of times."...Kyung Soo Kyung Soo Kyung... Ah! I get it!" She snapped her finger in knowledge. He chuckled and shook his head."Sorry,I'm a bit of a slow thinker. Scratch that, I'm a total blunt." She apologized while biting her lips and he looked at her weirdly."You're definitely not! Don't underestimate yourself." He pattes her head and she smiled."Thanks!" She beamed and he chuckled again.

 

   They walked together all the way while laughing out loud when one of them cracked a joke or a funny story. It was so loud, the teacher of their class heard them from afar. Well, bad luck. Mrs. Oh isn't an easy teacher as well she is the school's most-strict-and-scary discipline teacher.

 

   "You two!" She yelled from out of class, startling the both of them."Stand outside and hold your hands up!" She instructes them and they quietly obeyed. Other students whi attended her class scurried in the class quickly before they got punished by her. The lady slammed the door shut when the students had arrived in the class except for Kyung Soo and Soo Kyung.

 

   "Wow...That was random." He stated with a suprised tone."Random?" She asked him in curiousity."Yeah, Oh... I forgot to tell you I'm a transfer student from Busan. I transfered this semester." He informed her and she nodded while making an 'O' shaped mouth. They looked at each other and laughed quietly, scared the 'lion' might hear them. It was one of the memoriable moments for Kyung Soo and he vowed he will keep it safe.

________________________________________

 

After that day (yeah yeah) we always (yeah yeah),

 

Stuck together like the Astro twins, you were me and I was you

________________________________________

 

   "Kyungie!!" Soo Kyung beamed and hugged her best friend, Kyung Soo who was walking out of school after the final bell rang. "Y-Yah! I...Can't...Breath..!!" He gasped in the brutally tight hug."Whoops! Sorrey!" She let him go and smiled."What is it that you came here?" He asked in somewhat annoyed.

 

   "Nothing! Just wanting to see that precious smile on you!" She cooed in a cheesy way and he couldn't help but laugh at her words."There it is! Now, 500 won." She beamed as he gave her the bet prize and laughed with him."Okay...Okay, you got me." He said and rolled his eyes.

 

   "So, where do you wanna go?" She asked him as they walked next to each other, holding hands. He shrugged and a few students who walked by literally fangirled and some fanboyed looking at the couple-like best friends yet, the said couple choosed to ignore them and walked on their own world.

 

   "Hmm...How about we go and have some bubble tea?" She suggested and he hummed in agreement."Isn't the view pretty?" She asked him and swung their linked hands. Again, he hummed in agreement. Not satysfied with his answer, she frowned and pouted."Yah! Are you ignoring me?" She asked and scrunched her face.

 

   "No...I'm just appreciating this moment, holding your hand while walking. Just the two of us~" He sang and she bursted into laughters for his cheesy words."Gotcha! 500 won." He demanded and she glared at him while giving his money back."I hate you." She snorted and walked infront of him, leaving him behind."I love you, too." He muttered and jogged up to her.

______________________________________

 

Your song on the last day of the school festival, the flickering summer sea,

 

Our feelings that were precious because we were together,

 

Like the deepening night sky, goodbye

_____________________________________

 

   "Next stage, please welcome,D.O and Baekhyun!" The MC beamed and the audience roared in excitement mostly, the girls. Including Soo Kyung. It was the school's summer festival. Suprisingly, this year they held it at a resort near the sea. D.O a.k.a Kyung Soo, walked on the stage and stood at the middle, eyes searching for the person he wanted to see. He founded Soo Kyung and waved his hand towards her. A few fangirls beside her squealed thinking he was waving towards them.

 

   The song started and the audience became quiet. Enjoying the soothing voices of the duo. Soo Kyung slightly opened , awed by Kyung Soo's angelic voice. It came out like honey for her ears. The melody and his voice paired perfectly like he belonged to sing in it's genre, ballad. The hell? He suits all genres perfectly. She was too busy listening to his voice, she couldn't even listen to the message of the song. She tried hard to listen for the message, but end up gawking at his voice.

 

'You showered by the glow of the moonlight, It's so enchanting, can't get you out of my mind...'

   was the only lyrics she could capture within struggles not to be greedy for only wanting to hear his voice. The song ended and the audience clapped and howled in approval. Kyung Soo and Baekhyun bowed before leaving the stage. Fangirls screaming out for them and rushed towards their direction.

 

    Leaving Soo Kyung there, looking at the fading figures. She was both happy and sad, knowing he will soon get the dream he wanted. To be a singer. Happy, she was able to see him performing on the stage like he always dremt of. Sad, because she know, he will soon be working a lot, having tight schedules and the most dreadful, forgotten her.

 

   A tap came from behind of her and she saw Kyung Soo."Hey! How's my stage?" He asked and bits his lower lip cutely while staring at her with his owl eyes. She smiled widely at him and gave a thumbs up."Daebak! Your stage shines the most!!" She beamed and he broked into a heart shaped smile which could melt any girl's heart.

 

   "Phew~ Thanks!" He sighed in relief and hugged her. Somehow, she felt a tingly feeling in her heart. She hugged him back and closed her eyes. Enjoying the moment. He released her and held her hands in his."Meet me at the beach on 8. I have a present for you." He winked and she nodded while a small blush came to her face."Kyung Soo!" Baekhyun hollered from afar and he nodded."Okay, hyung!" He answered."I gotta go! Don't forget! Eight, at the beach!" He informed as he jogged up to his other friends.

 

-That night-

 

   Soo Kyung sat on the sand with her knees up to her chest, hugging it. She wore a simple white long sleeved shirt with skinny jeans, her hair tied up in a bun. As promised, she waited for him exactly on 8. She enjoyed the scenery infront of her. The dark sea which could be seen by the help of the shining moon. She felt peaceful and calm, letting the wind brush her face. 

 

   She then felt a sudden cold material brushing her skin at her collarbone. Soo Kyung freezed in frightness and she heard a soft click behind her. She apbruptly turned and saw Kyung Soo with his warm heart shaped smile."Tada!" He said and embarrasely rubbed his nape. She looked at the necklace hanging on her neck. It was silver and at the middle has a heart carved with the letter 'S' on it. 

 

   Soo Kyung smiled, touched by the gift."Aww...That's sweet of you, Kyung." She thanked him and enveloped him in a warm hug which he returned. They pulled away and a sudden blush came up to their cheecks."Wanna go for a walk?" Kyung Soo asked and she nodded her head. 

 

   They walked on the seashore while holding each other's hand. They enjoyed the view with each other's company. They felt comfort and love. As if they were floating in the beautiful night sky. Only god knew how they were feeling. Precious.

_________________________________________

 

You cried so much on the day before graduation,

 

You held it in firmly since you’re a guy,

 

Just like that hot summer when we couldn’t say what we wanted, goodbye

____________________________________

 

   A knock came from Kyung Soo's front door. He was living in the house alone as his parents were overseas. Kyung Soo opened it and was suprised to see Soo Kyung. She saw him and quickly launched on him, hugging him tightly. Tears fell off her beautiful face and she sobbed hardly. 

 

   "S-Soo..." He stuttered in shockness yet rubbed her back soothingly to calm her down. She tighten her grasp on him and continued to cry. They stood there, at the doorframe, hugging without words."Kyung..." That's what she said between her gasp of tears. He shuts his eyes tightly and hugged her, holding his tears from falling.

 

   They knew it. Graduation is just tomorrow and they'll probably never meet again. She'll miss him, same goes to Kyung Soo. He got an offer to be a singer in SM Entertaintment. There's no way he will turn it down. It's SM who offered, the company he dremt on working with.

 

   "I'll miss you..." She gasped and tears continued to stream down her face."Don't..." He shook his head and pulled away, looking at her directly in the eye."We still have tomorrow." He stated in a sad tone but still smiles. She nodded and smiled weakly."Now, let's shake all of the bad thoughts away!" He said and shook his head which was copied by Soo Kyung cutely. He let out a soft chuckle and smiled."Want some hot choco?" He offered and her eyes twinkled. He knew she loves hot chocolates, even more when she's down."Yes!!" She beamed happily and they went inside.

 

-Graduation Day- 

 

   Right after the ceremony finished, Soo Kyung searched for Kyung Soo. She spotted him and ran towards him. He saw her and smiled. She went nearer and hugged him tightly. Tears brimmed down her face and she tighten the grasp on him, as if wanting his warmness to stay on her.

 

   "Soo, I..." He trailed off, hesitant to confess his feeling. She pulled away and looked at him."You what?" She asked softly as his eyes averted away."I...hope we'll meet each other again...in the near future." He spoke, hiding his feeling away. He didn't knew why, he could just tell her, but he kept it in."Me too...I...will always miss you..." She spoke and released him, looking at his face, remembering his face.

 

   "I...have a gift for you..." He said and she arched an eyebrow when she saw what he took out from his pocket. A ribbon."What's with that ribbon?" She asked him and he took her wrist and tied it around her wrist."Look..." He instructed and she glanced at the ribbon. It changed colours and she gasped.

 

   "Wow...Kyung...Thank you..." She said, touched."I-I...Didn't even give you any gifts yet..." She stuttered in guilt."It's okay, Soo. As long as you're happy, I'm okay with it!" He assured her and she smiled, automatically making him do the same. She neared his face and planted a kiss on his cheeck, making his eyes widened like the size of saucers. That was the best gift he ever got in his life.

___________________________________

Baby oh no oh oh,

 

I’m sorry that this is a monologue,

 

Oh, actually, I love you, yeah,

 

If only our long-time hidden secrets were revealed,

 

I would hold you in my arms,

____________________________________

 

-6 years later-

 

   Kyung Soo, or also known as D.O, was strolling in the park near his dorm. He finally debuted in the group named EXO. After all of the years he struggled fighting for, finally, he debuted. It has been 4 years after EXO officially was announced as the new K-pop group. Since then, he had no rest. Today, finally he got some spaces to relax his mind off.

 

   While he was walking down the path, came a little boy running towards his direction and crashed on his legs. He widened his eyes and automatically bent down to look at the little boy."Are you okay?" He asked and the boy gave him a cute smile, showing his little bright teeth.

 

   "Kyung Soo!" A lady yelled and hugged the boy. Kyung Soo was shocked when he saw the lady."Soo Kyung?" He asked in a low voice, almost like a whisper. Soo Kyung looked at him and widened her eyes."K-Kyung..." She stuttered and stood up while the boy ran away. She yelled after the boy but failed to catch his attention.

 

   "Soo Kyung, what are you doing here?" He asked suprised by the girl infront of him."I-I live around this area..." She chuckled awkwardly so do Kyung Soo."It has been a long time..." He muttered and she nodded in agreement."I-I have to go now..." She said and was about to turn away when Kyung Soo called after her.

 

   "Wait...I have something to tell you." 

 

   Soo Kyung looked at him and waited for him to talk."Soo Kyung, I love you." He confessed and she weakly smiled."I love you too." She said and turned."No!" He exclaimed and back-hugged her."I love you. For real. Will you be my girlfriend?" He confessed and she tried hard to not let a tear escape her eyes.

 

   "Kyung, let me go." She ordered him but his grasp tighten around her."Kyung, I nees to tell you something." She pleaded and he didn't budge."What is it, Soo?" He asked and she inhale deeply and sighed.

 

   "Kyung, I'm married."

 

   His heart shattered and he slowly let her go."Y-You're what?" He asked, re-confirming on what she just said."I'm married." She repeated her sentence. His eyes shifted to the ground and his knees became weak."I'm sorry...We should met earlier." She apologized and walked away. 

 

   Their relationship started after Summer. And, their relationship ended, in Summer. He let a tear ran down his face and he kneeled on both of his knees.'If we were to met earlier...'

_____________________________________

 

A heartbreaking story, I’m sorry, every sumber means goodbye, yeah

_____________________________________