[BTS's Taehyung] My Biggest Fear

KPOP OBSESSION: My Oneshots/Scenarios Collection

Just to let you guys know, this is a request that I did for my Tumblr page ^^

Genre: Fluff, Slightly angsty


“You okay?” V asked.

You nodded as you took a deep breath.

V squeezed your hand tightly and gave you a reassuring smile.

You returned a weak smile and tapped your foot impatiently as you watched the numbers go down. Being in crowded elevators was the worst, but you’ve learned to overcome your fear of using them over the past year with the help of your boyfriend.

Ding! The elevator finally arrived at the lobby and you both stepped out, walking hand in hand. You both just came from BTS’s dorm and are now heading out to the Cherry Blossom Festival for a date.

“I’m sorry that we can’t take the subway train because of my fear of being in confined crowded spaces…” You said sadly as you and V strolled down the street.

“Hey, hey! What did I tell you about apologizing for things like that?” V asked.

You sighed. “That I shouldn’t apologize for being me…”

“And??”

“And you would be willing to do anything for me as long as it makes me comfortable and happy.” You recited.

V nodded and smiled widely. “That’s right~. And don’t you forget that y/n. Don’t worry, it’s only just a few blocks away and besides…” He looked up to the sky and inhaled deeply. “It’s such a nice sunny day for a walk~.”

He’s probably just saying that so I won’t feel bad… “I guess so…” You muttered.

“Ooh look y/n! Ice cream!! Let’s go get some~.” V shouted before running inside the store quickly.

You let out a small chuckle. Your boyfriend really is something.

After buying one vanilla ice cream and strawberry ice cream, you both continued walking.

“Can I try some of yours?” V asked.

“Sure.”

You held your ice cream out and V took a big bite of it, getting some on his nose and lips.

image

You tried not to laugh as you pointed at his face. “You got a little something on your face.”

V then used a napkin and wiped the ice cream off his nose. “Is it gone now?”

Now you knew his motive. And there was no way you were going to fall for it that easily.

“No, you still got some over here…” V closed his eyes and waited for your lips to touch his, but instead felt a napkin wiping off the ice cream. “There! All clean~.” You said playfully.

“Hey~!!” V said with a pout. You started walking again, but V grabbed your wrist and held you back. When you turned to face him, he leaned down and kissed you. “Okay, now we can go.” V said with a triumphant smile.

Flustered, you playfully whacked his arm before returning the smile.


1, 2, 3, smile~! You and V had been walking around the festival for about half an hour and stopped to take a selfie in front of a beautiful fountain. The area for the festival was pretty big, so you were able to enjoy the date comfortably since it wasn’t too crowded.

“Wait I wasn’t ready, can I see it?” You asked after taking the picture with your phone.

V moved away from you and looked at the picture himself. He smile widely and laughed.

“What is it? Did I blink? Let me see!” You reached for the phone, but he dodged your hand.

You couldn’t help but smile at his playfulness. “Yah, Kim Taehyung!”

“Call me Oppa first.” V demanded.

You crossed your arms and bit your lip. Do I really have to? It’s a bit embarrassing to say it in public.

“I’m waiting~.” V waved the phone in your face teasingly.

“…Fine. Oppa~ can I please see the picture?” You asked in the cutest way possible.

V grinned and showed you the picture. You were blinking when he took the picture so your eyes were half-opened, making you look derpy.

“Aw gross, can we take another picture?” You asked.

“What are you talking about? I think you look really cute! I’m not lying, I really like this picture.”

You gave him a stern look and held out your hand. V sighed as he handed the you the phone in defeat and watched you delete it. He then discreetly took out his phone and checked it. V had sent the picture to himself ahead of time. After making it his screensaver, he smiled to himself and quickly put his phone back into his pocket.

Suddenly the speakers made a loud noise. “Attention everyone, the cherry blossom parade is now starting. Please go near the fountain and enjoy the show! We will also be giving out free balloons and cotton candy by the fountain.”

“Maybe we should start moving somewhere else before it gets too crowded.” V said.

You nodded and began to follow him.  

Parade? Free food? You sighed. We won’t be able to enjoy those things thanks to my fear…I’m sure that Taehyung would love both of those things.

While you were lost in your thoughts, a large number of people already started coming. You started to feel anxious but kept your eye on V’s back and continued walking. 

What if Taehyung is only with me because he feels bad for me? Like he has to protect me? I must be such a burden to him…He would be better off and happier with some other girl.  

You shook off your thoughts and looked for V, but he was out of sight. Oh no. Did I lose him?!

You started to panic. “Taehyung? Taehyung, where are you?” 

You looked all around but you were surrounded by too many people. “No, no, no this can’t be happening!” 

You felt suffocated and your hands started to shake uncontrollably. You wiped your cold sweat off your forehead and scanned the crowd once again.

“Tae…Taehyung!”

 It was no use, you felt like you were drowning in a sea of people and V wasn’t there with you. Unable to move from your position, you crouch down while shutting your eyes and covering your ears…Praying that it would be all over soon. You suddenly felt someone pull you up and was then being dragged through the crowd. When you finally escaped from the crowd, you felt arms wrap around you.

“It’s okay y/n, it’s me. You’re safe. I’m here.” V whispered softly.

Thank God…You sighed in relief and cried in his arms as he continued to comfort you.


A few hours later, V took you to a fancy seafood restaurant by the pier for dinner.

You had a weird uneasy feeling about his choice for the restaurant when you sat down. V usually spends a lot of money to get you something whenever he had bad news to tell you. Like that time when he bought you a large bouquet of roses because he accidentally lost his couple bracelet.

You wondered if it had to do something with the panic attack you had back there. People were staring when you cried and probably thought that V hurt you in some way. He must have been so embarrassed…

“This is a nice restaurant.” You commented.

“You like it? I actually brought you here because I have something to tell you.” V seemed nervous and the tone of his voice became serious. “There has been something on my mind these days that I wasn’t sure about. I’ve thought about it for a long long time and worried about how to do it.”

Oh no…Could it be that he’s breaking up with me?

V continued, but avoided your eye contact. “The past two years with you had been great. I’ve shared so many happy memories with you and I learned a lot about myself too. After today, I realized something…”

That you want to breakup, because you’re sick of taking care of me.

“I realized that I-.”

“Wait, stop…” You stood up. “I’ve heard enough, I’ll just go so that you can live better.”

When you turned to go, V shot off his chair and ran towards you. He grabbed your wrist and asked, “What are you doing?”

The tears that you were trying to hold back began to stream down your face. Why is he making this harder than it should be? “Just let me go. It’s okay, it’s not your job to protect me. I’ll be okay so don’t pity me anymore.”

V shook his head. “No, you’re wrong y/n. It is my job to protect you. I’m not staying by your side just because I feel bad for you, it’s because I love you. It pains me to see the person I love the most suffer and feel uncomfortable. Seeing you happy, makes me happy.”

You blinked away your tears and opened your mouth to say something.

“And don’t you dare say that I deserve better. You are the best…the best one for me, and that’s what I have now. I don’t want anyone else, I only want you.”

You looked down at the floor. “You had to sacrifice a lot of things when you started dating me…”

“It’s true that it would be more convenient if we could ride subway trains when traveling and nice to watch parades together, but it’s all okay as long as I’m with you. When I’m with you, I don’t notice my feet hurting from walking or how hot it is outside. With you, I’m always smiling and laughing. You remind me that I’m alive.” V said.

“But I am just-” You started to say.

“So stop telling yourself that you’re a burden! You’re not…” 

V took your hands and looked into your eyes as a tear fell down his cheek. “You mean the world to me, y/n. All the words I’ve said to you were all sincere. I hope that you can see that after I finish what I was trying to say before…After today, I realized something…I realized that I wanted to be the one who would be there for you during your hardest times. I wanna hold you in my arms and never let you go. Like I said before, the past two years had been great and…” 

V took out a box from his jacket’s pocket. “And I, Kim Taehyung, want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

He got on his knees and opened the box. “So y/n, will you marry me?”

You nodded like crazy and V slipped the ring onto your finger. When he stood up, you ran into his arms and hugged him tightly. V spun you around a few times before putting you down and kissing your lips softly.

 “Do you know what my biggest fear is?” V asked.

“Getting Suga mad?” You joked.

“Well as scary as that is…no, haha. My biggest fear is losing you. And this…” V held up your hand with the ring on it. “This resolves it. So now we’re almost even. You don’t have to worry anymore, since I’ll be right by your side whenever you are struggling with your fear. I’ll never let you go, even if you want me to leave.”

You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder as you both looked out into the ocean. “Thank you.”

image