The Dwarf

Stupid Giant

Time flew by as weeks and months passed. Your whole shool life drastically changed.
You were often called to the guidance office and some of your classmates doesn't respect you anymore and their teasings often crosses the line by mocking your sick brother.. and all of those is because of one fudging person. kris fudging wu! there was never a day that you won't bicker.

one day though, you didn't bicker with him..
That day, your brother died but no one in the class knew. Only the teachers.
The teachers were surprised to see you in class but you just kept a poker face on.
That's how strong you were, that's how good you put a mask.
Before kris transferred, you were the perfect student that you wanted others to see but when he arrived, your true self is starting to show and that made you scared that's why you always put a defense around yourself when he's near you, because you feel that its as if he could see through you and if you'll let him, he'll destroy the wall you've build up..
People will know that you're not strong as you may seem, you were vulnerable. fragile. specially when it comes to your family..
Your brother had a year before and since then, he never returned to his old self but just earlier at dawn he said goodbye. forever.
It was due to multiple organ failure.. you saw it with your own eyes, how he took his last breath as he smiled at you.

"hey dwarf, ma'am says stand up. oh wait, you are standing up." kris teased.
Normally, you would reply "i forgot, you're so stupid you can't differentiate a person who's standing or sitting."
and he would tell you "I was being sarcastic idiot."
and you'd roll your eyes at him saying "I was being sarcastic back, genius."
and it would go on and on until the teacher will let both of you go out and report you to the guidance office.
But this time, you didn't retort back.

By recess, he's teasing you over and over but you wouldn't talk to him.
"hey. hey dwarf. what's wrong? did I cross the line?" he asked concerned.

If you weren't mourning you would've laughed at him.
"hey, I'm sorry if I did.. hey, talk to me." he said as he kept on nudging you..
You were about to tell him that you were not in the mood to bicker with him right now and ask for a cease fire when one of your guy classmates suddenly said "maybe she's ! like her brother" and then imitated you brother.
Some boys laughed, some girls are holding their laughter, you knew they weren't laughing at your brother's expense but because of how your classmate looked.
In the past, you'd let them be but this time, your anger got the best of you.
You harshly stood up from your chair that caused it to fall and banged your hands on the desk while tears flowed from your eyes as you yelled "you're wrong! if you want to imitate my brother then dont breathe! he died earlier!!" you then ran away from the room leaving everyone shocked and speechless.
Those who laughed bowed down embarassed and a punch landed on the face of the one who imitated your brother.
"how many times do I have to tell you not to mock her brother again!" kris yelled after punching the guy and ran after you.