Son Of Blacksmith

The Lost Planet

CHAPTER II

SON OF BLACKSMITH

 

      Four days has passed before Light finally regained his consciousness and retrieved his senses. He blinked to re- adjust his blurry vision before getting up on his feet from the wooden bed he slept on and wandered how did he got in here when suddenly, a huge, red haired kid entered the room. Light Seeing gasped.

 

The boy's hair wasn't red. It was on fire!

 

“Yo-you’re burning” Light stuttered.

 

The huge boy grinned at him like his hair felt nothing then offered him a broth and pieces of bread.He explained to Light that he was the one who found him lying on the streets of the neighboring kermis.

The boy briefly introduced himself to Light Seeing while his hair continuously blazed. He was Riyeol Phoenix, the son of the famous blacksmith, Flamery Phoenix.His family was known as the maker of the foremost swords in the native country of Avestan which was recently colonized by the large land of Parthevia.

 

“You're same as me”

 

Riyeol told Light he saw his mark at the back of his hand and showed him his similar birthmark on his nape. Light seeing nodded before looking at his own birthmark. It glowed.Light looked at Riyeol for a moment. Minutes after, he tugged the other's wrist to scoot closer to him.Light Seeing's mouth formed a small O when their mark shined together and noticed that Riyeol's birthmark was shaped like a bird. An unusual big bird.He suddenly felt his chest burning again. He grunted and leaned away from Riyeol and closed his eyes. He realized that bearing two legends inside him is too impossible and his body might be unable to endure the abrupt change of the flow inside his body.The sting slowly disappeared as he breathed in and out to ease the pain.

 

Riyeol noticed the other's pain and dared not to ask anything. His gaze wandered over to Light's belongings and saw a blade. He narrowed his sight even more and saw a engraved insignia of the kingdom of Acklea on its carved wooden handle. He turned his head to Light that sat on the bed beside him and asked where Light did came from although he had a feeling the boy was from Acklea and asked once again if the kingdom truly existed.The first generation of Riyeol's family—the Phoenix—was the pledged maker of weaponry of the kingdom of Acklea but the said kingdom gradually became a tale.when no one to seemed to see any castles ruling the land and people actually came into conclusion that the Kingdom Acklea has already faded fifteen years ago.

 

“ Who exactly are you?” the giant kid asked.

 

Then Light Seeing explained to Riyeol what really did happened as far as he could.

 

Before he came to the palace, he was first sent by the King  to search for the child of saga who could cure any illness but failed to find it. He even wandered the edge of the Northern part of Eartheria but no one seemed to know the child he was finding so he went back to the palace feeling disappointed at himself when a horrid nightmare greeted him.

 

The kingdom of Acklea was nothing but figures of frozen things and livings. Everything was literally frozen and solid.Feeling the sense of danger inside his system, he dashed for the huge gates of the palace, heading inside the room of the queen to check if she was okay and the image of the King slaying the prince laid before his very own eyes.

 

Riyeol asked after about the child Light was supposed to find. The other told him that he also heard about the healing child who could cure every illness whether it it was just a simple cold or much more complex than that. There was something inside the boy's body as what the stories say but cannot pinpoint what was exactly that thing that's inside.

The child was male and has a pretty horn attached to its forehead just like the legendary wingless pegasus, the unicorn.

 

Riyeol Phoenix was pleasantly surprised by the story that Light Seeing told him. He actually knows about the child of lenity and met him when he traveled once to the Southern part of Eartheria to deliver the produced metalline blades for the foot guards and battler of Zhang Empire and told him that the name of the healing child was Yi Xing.

Light Seeing rose from wooden bed and clutched Riyeol's sleeve. He plead to tell him all about his encounter with Yi Xing and everything he knows about him.

 

“ Please tell me all you know about him”   Light plead.

He was decade old when his blacksmith father acquired epistle from Zhang Empire; purchasing hundred kinds of different weaponry. They traveled for about two weeks with the help of equipage. And as they both successfully reached the empire and relayed the weapons to the kingdom, they noticed an unusual dormant child in their wagon with them.

The child's hair was blonde and it almost looked like it was golden. Despite the young and adorable features on the boy's face, a tiny horn plastered on his forehead that was covered by his disheveled hair and a unnoticeable golden tail at the end of his spine made the two men back off. He was wearing a southern traditional clothes that was only for the nobles with the  foremost embroidery of unicorns. Riyeol thought that the child was perhaps a son of a noble inside the kingdom.

Riyeol's father asked him who he was and what he was trying to do riding in their wagon.The child said nothing but only his name Yi Xing and never uttered a word again.They let him ride in the equipage and offered him water and pieces of bread but the child barely ate and all he did was to sleep in the progress of travel.

 

   On the seventh day of trek, Yi Xing asked them to stop the equipage when they reached the lands of Rendell, the town acting as the boundary of the East and South hemisphere.

 

“Mister. I’m going down.”  Yi Xing said.

 

 Riyeol provided Yi Xing a set of clothing to hide his horn and tail and even gave him some foods to eat. Yi Xing bid goodbye and the two men continued off their journey.

Both Flamery and Riyeol Phoenix felt spent each night so they stopped by on Rendell to rest for their restless trip way back home. And that was the last moment they saw Yi Xing and that's where his story ended.

 

It is great clue for Light in finding the healing child. Riyeol was quite curious about why did he needed to find the unicorn child. Light spared his curiosity and told him that he once encountered the man who held the power of Teleportation. Light told Riyeol that the man seemed to know everything about in this world and he told him about the scattered legends, explaining the power that lay in each of them.Light thought the possibility that the power of healing might be able to cure the frozen kingdom of Acklea and told Riyeol that the power of flame can also help by warming the climate down and melting all the frozen vessels, houses, ponds, and even the people in Acklea.

Riyeol Phoenix agreed to help Light Seeing because it could also help to know or to find out who they truly are and what lies on their fate while Light also thought of the same thing.

 

   Days gradually passed by and Light Seeing regained his strength again. Both of them was preparing for their upcoming journey to the kingdom of Rendell to find the person who has the power of healing within inside his or her body. They both prepared foods and  some set of clothes to change to and a fiacre.

Light Seeing wore the commoner clothes that Riyeol lent him to conceal that he was blue blooded and his relevance to the Kingdom of Acklea.

 

Meanwhile, Riyeol Phoenix asked for his father's blessing for their journey which his father conceded. Flamery Phoenix handed him the best saber he has ever made and engraved on it's handle the legendary Phoenix that will protect them throughout the journey.