Chapter Four

Changing

            The two friends walked to Soo’s locker. He grabbed his knapsack, ped it and shoved his notebook and his books of the next classes in it. He raised his eyebrows at Baek.

            “A-Aren’t you going to pass by your locker before g-going to the next classes?” he asked him.

            The latter gulped his saliva and cleared his throat: “N-No it’s okay. All my books are already in my backpack.” He stuttered a little.

            Kyungsoo’s eyes widened: “Y-You carry all of them all the day? I-It must be really heavy… It’s not good for your back, y-you know?” he pouted cutely.

            “Aw~ Are you worried for me, Little Soo?” he cooed at his friend’s cuteness. “So cute!”, and once again, he poked the shorter guy’s cheek with his finger. “Hurry up Soo, or we’re gonna be late to our next period!”

            He hurried himself to finish packing his things, then zipped his bag and slammed the door of his locker. “L-Let’s go.” They rushed to their class. “Please, don’t be there, please don’t be there!” Kyungsoo prayed. Hopefully, when the two reached the door of their Maths class, the teacher wasn’t there yet. He sighed in relief then went to his usual seat next to the window. Some students glared at him, an annoyed frown on their faces, as he loudly dropped his bag on the table. He sent them an apologizing bow then sat down. The students who looked at him quickly return to their conversations with their friends without paying a gaze at the newbie. “What the hell is wrong with them? Last time there was a new student, they were all over him, asking him tons of things without letting him breath! And now, they don’t even greet Baekhyun! How rude!” he rolled his eyes then sighed in exasperation.

            “Is there anything wrong, Soo?” his new classmate interrogated him, a worried look on his face.

            “Huh? N-Nothing. I-I was just w-wondering why n-nobody greets y-you…” he replied.

            Oddly, Baekhyun suddenly looked panicked, as though his answer sorta freaked him out. “Oh…” he merely said. “I guess they’re just… rude?” he shrugged.

            “Y-Yeah right… I-I was thinking the same…” he smiled a little.

            “We’re so similar Soo!” his lips curled up into a small grin. “Well! Let’s continue our little game!” he suggested.

            “I-If you want… I believe it was y-your turn when the bell rang.”

            “Hm… What should I reveal you?” he asked the question more to himself than to the shorter boy. After a while, he still didn’t find anything.

            “W-Well, d-do you have a g-g-girlfriend?” Soo asked shyly. He couldn’t believe he actually dared to ask him this awkward question. Why did he ask this question out of all the others he could’ve asked like: “What’s your favorite color?” or “What’s your favorite dish?”, no of course Kyungsoo had to ask this intimate question and now the other was probably thinking he was interested in him. “God, why did I ask this?! You stupid Kyungsoo! Omo, I think I’m hyperventilating. I gotta calm down. Okay Soo, breath in, breath out, br-“

            Baekhyun burst out laughing. “Oh my god, you’re all red Soo!” he went on laughing out loud, “Are you sure you’re okay?” he held his stomach in attempt to calm down his laugh.

            “C-Could you p-please c-calm down? You’re g-gonna disturb the others…” he flushed. He looked around them, afraid that the others would once again glare furiously at them. “Nobody seems to care…” he muttered in disbelief.

            “Wow, your face was really all red Soo. You don’t have to be this ashamed you know.” He calmed down his laugh. “Anyway…” he stopped a while so as to catch his breath. “I haven’t any girlfriend Soo. I have never had one actually.” He grinned widely at him.

            “R-Really?! B-But you’re r-really handsome so i-it’s strange…” he exclaimed then froze when he realized what he had just said. “Oh my god… Why did I say that…” he blushed madly.

            “You’re becoming all red again Soo!” he teased.

            “J-Just f-forget m-my question…”

            “No, no it’s okay!” he smirked. “Actually, I’m not really interested in girls. I’m more into boys.” He teased again as he raised himself from his seat and placed his face only a few inches away from Kyungsoo’s one. He slowly his lips in a y way before sitting back on his chair.  

            “You okay Soo?” his smirk still put on. “Are you breathing?”

            The short boy finally breathed out: “Y-Yeah, I-I’m fine.”

            “Great, it’s your turn now!”

            “Hm… I… I don’t k-know what to t-tell you…”

            “Tell me: what do you usually do after school? Do you hang out with some friends?”

            “N-No. After school, I usually go straight to my h-home and study but t-today, I’ll go meet my n-new neighbor.” he answered.

            “Oh really…”

            Sadness… That’s what Kyungsoo saw in his friend’s eyes as he told the other about his plans for the evening.

            “I-Is there anything wr-“

            “Silence please! I’m gonna begin the lesson of the day!” his maths teacher interrupted him.

            He threw a last worried glance to Baek before opening his notebook and scribbling down what the old man was writing on the chalkboard. 

 


Oh my god... I think this chapter even more than the previous ones... '-' What do you think about it? Do you guys have any idea on why nobody notices Baekhyun? x)

I don't know yet when I'll update the next chapter. >< Actually I was sick these two past days so I had plenty of time to write but I'll return to school tomorrow and I've got a big exam next week so please be patient and look forward the next chapter~ 

Sorry again for the mistakes I've made. >< Not a native speaker. TT

Please, subscribe, comment and upvote~