Chapter Four

The Flame Princess (DISCONTINUED)

FLAME and I are going to meet her parents, it’s like I am the one meeting. I don’t know why she picks me to come with her instead of Jieun her own friend.

There is no one guarding rooms, maybe it’s really safe here. We walk until the muffle sound of the club disappears, it is now very dark. “Wait here,” Flame knocks one of the doors I can’t quite see.

 

The door opens, “Jangmi,” the woman mentions a name under her breath. Jangmi, is that Flame’s name?

“Mother,” says Jangmi --- I mean Flame --- as she enters the room. I smile at Flame’s mother when I pass by her slowly. Flame throws herself on a couch.

“Jangmi, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at your house?” Ask Flame’s mother with curiosity.

“I was, but I got bored. I wanna come here.” I tend to notice how Flame responds, straight tone and a badass look that goes with her badass attitude. No, that is stupid to think of her that way Chen, stop it. Why does my cheek feel warm and my palms sweaty? Chen, come to your senses!

 

“Mom, just call me Flame okay?” she demands, “Where’s dad?”

“Your dad, is in the other side of the world remember?”

I just found out Flame’s mother’s name, it’s Kim Soojin and her dad Kim Minhyuk. Well, there is a name on the middle of the shelf and a family photo. I look around the room and it is so dark, I can’t even see my legs walking and windows are tinted.

“Young boy, thank you for being patient with Flame.” She pats my back.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Flame’s mouth wide open, it is funny. Her mother laugh and Flame laugh along. It is the first time I hear her laugh, I wonder if she ever laughs when she’s in front of her friends or me.

“My dear, don’t you have somewhere to go?” Mrs. Kim asks Flame.

Flame looks down, she stands in front of her mother. “Do you know where the cure is?” she asks. Her mother shakes her head, “No, I’m sorry.”

“But, I do know who holds it.” She grins. “Her name is Kang Sora.”

Flame looks surprise, she shakes her head vehemently.

“Why?” I ask curiously.

Her mother explains, Sora was Flame’s best friend, you know the usual stuff that girls do but they’re different. They fight together, protect each other and they were inseparable. Until one day, they found a small bottle and were intrigued. Sora thinks they should go to the lab and check it out and Flame agreed.

In their lab, they found out that liquid inside the bottle contains immune. It can cure any kind, animals, things, living things and humans.

 

Oh, did I forget to mention? There are zombies here too, hiding from the sunlight.

Yes, sunlight. They are afraid of the light like vampires.

 

Anyway, Flame told Sora to keep it in case they need to save someone. Sora was too ignorant and told everyone about it. Flame then doesn’t talk to her friend that much because Sora acts like she was the one who found it and also thinks she knows what it can do. Some are true but she forgets Flame.

The next thing they knew, Sora told everyone that she rule the world and she is going to protect everyone by keeping the serum. They fought zombies of course, but then Flame tried confronting her by tell her how she felt. Sora was furious hearing the truth and decided to run away, away from them.

 

Who knows what she is doing with the cure, she may make more of them or she might be dead. Well, the escalated quickly.

“I don’t need her help.” Flame stares at her mother.

“You do,” her mother holds Flame’s shoulders but Flame ignores it.

“Whatever, to save humankind again, I am willing to sacrifice.” Flame hugs her mother and walks out of the room. I follow her behind and back to the club.

 

“Jieun, Suho I need you guys.” Says Flame, Jieun and Suho’s eyes were wide with surprise.

“You need us?” Jieun echoes, teasingly.

 


I had writers block for days and I think I'm going to have it again T_T

Anyway, more chapters coming soon... Hopefully my mind is working with me 

 

Thanks for reading, sub and lemme know what you think :3 <3