Another Accident

Amnesia

Kai’s heart broke and he couldn’t breathe. Taemin didn’t want him anymore. He wanted Minho. Would that change when he got his memory back? Or has this new found love taken over his lovers heart? Kai started crying looking at Taemin’s eye searching for some sort of love left over. But he couldn’t seem to find anything.

“K…I can tell when im not wanted…Im gone…You’ll never see me again…” Kai said and started to leave.

Taemin stared after Kai wondering why his heart started hurting at the sight of him crying. He didn’t love the boy, did he? No it’s Minho he loved. So the why did he feel so bad and regret saying that? He sighed and looked at Minho as he started after Kai.

“Hey wait. Minho, I love you and only you. Ok? We can be together now and try again.” Taemin said. Minho glared at Taemin. He had just hurt one of his closest friends. Kai loved him, and Minho knew that Taemin loved Kai too.

“I don’t want to be with you Taemin. Kai is one of my closest friends and what you did was so wrong. Maybe you can’t remember him, but that gave you no right to hurt him like that. He has done nothing but love and care for you. That’s all he was doing this time. It’s never gonna happen between us Taemin. NEV-ER! I’m gonna go try to help the guy whose heart you just ripped in 2.” Minho said before running after Kai.

“Kai!” Minho shouted as he caught up to him. Kai started running and got out to the parking lot before crying and falling to his knees. He didn’t want to live without Taemin. But Taemin didn’t want him anymore. He sighed as he got up he started to run again, not seeing the on coming car. He heard the squealing of brakes and when he looked over, he saw the car right before it hit him. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. He felt the car hit him and felt himself go flying. He heard his body hit the ground and heard the crunch of his head hitting the ground, but he didn’t feel any pain. He heard Minho yelling his name and saw red pooling in front of his face before everything slowly turned black.

Minho had lost Kai somewhere in the halls and ended up in some random place. He cursed to himself and ran to the closest elevator. He was probably on his way to the parking lot so he could leave. He needed to catch him. He ran as fast as he could as soon as the doors of the elevator opened. He was still just a bit too slow. As he got to the doors he saw Kai standing up and starting to run again. He started to open the doors when he saw a car come out of no where. He heard the squealing and saw the car hit Kai. Kai went flying and landed really hard on the ground. Minho was already out the door and to him within seconds.

“KAI!! Kai can you hear me?!” Minho yelled. The person from the car got out and walked up next to him.

“Oh my god, is he ok?!” The person asked.

“Does he look ok?!!!” Minho shouted at the person. “What the hell where you thinking going so fast in a hospital parking lot?!! Don’t just stand there like an idiot!! Go get help!!”

The person ran off and after a short few minutes returned with several doctors. They got Kai on a stretcher and rushed him up to ICU. Minho followed and almost laughed whe he realized Kai’s ICU room isn’t far from the recovery wing Taemin was him. He ran to Taemin’s room.

“Hey guys. Today is just a horrible day…” He said out of breath while sprinting into the room. Taemin had fallen asleep but it was very obvious that he had been crying. Everyone looked at Minho questioning his statement.

“What happened? And wheres Kai?” EXO’s manager said.

“I chased him all around the hospital until I lost him. I ran down to the lobby to go out to the parking lot to catch him there and I watched him get hit by an idiot driving a car…” Minho explained holding back tears.

“Oh no…Is he ok?” EXO’s manager asked.

“I don’t know yet…We’ll find out soon. The doctor knows where to find us…” Minho sighed and sat in the chair near Taemin. Had he bee too hard on him before he ran off? Is that why he was crying? Or did something happened while he was away? Everyone sat there in silence for awhile waiting on news for Kai. Taemin wasn’t asleep but he was pretending to be. He heard everything about what happened to Kai and he couldn’t feel any worse. When Minho left he got the memory of them breaking up back. And the feeling of regret he had about what he said to the boy grew immensley. It was a stressful hour. But finally the doctor came.

“Well…It cant be easy having 2 accidents like this within a few days. But Kai will be fine. He has a concussion, and a split in his scalp. His skull was not fractured luckly. His leg is broken but that’s it. Like with Taemin he could have amnesia. But I seriously doubt it becasuse his head injuries were significantly less than Taemin’s. And since this room is a 2 person recovery room, we are gonna move him in here for convenience.” Right after he said the last part they rolled a sleeping Kai into the room on the opposite side of the room. Everyone looked at the bandaged boy sadly, except for Taemin who was still pretending to be asleep. He cried silently to himself. There was about 3 hours left of visiting time, but it felt like 20 as time ticked by slowly. Taemin was about to fall asleep when he got a memory that made him feel like a complete and total .

~Memory~

Kai and Taemin were hanging out playing video games. It was one of their few days off and they wanted to hang out for once. They were having a great time when Kai paused the game.

“What? Afraid of losing Kai?” Taemin taunted.

“No…Just…Look at me for a moment.” Kai said staring at Taemin. Taemin fixed his gaze on Kai’s eyes and frowned at the blank look on his best friends face. Kai studied him for a minute searchiing for something and when he seemed to have found it he smiled.

“Umm. What are you doing Kai? I feel awkward…” Taemin said.

Kai grabbed Taemin’s jaw with one hand and pulled his face close to his own until their lips met. Taemin was surprised at first but quickly melted into the kiss. Taemin whinned slightly when Kai pulled away.

“I love you, Tae.” Kai admitted.

“I love you, too, Kai.” Taemin said.

“Be my boyfriend Taemin. Please?” Kai asked.

Taemin smiled and nodded slightly. “Of course Kai.” Then they went back to their video game cuddling close.

~End of Memory~

Taemin sobbed, not caring if people found out he was awake. Kai was his boyfriend and he just messed that up majorly.