Of Airplane rides and Rumors

She's the Manager

WINNER groggily walked inside the plane. Their carry on bags with them. It was 5 in the morning as they boarded the plane. Jinwoo was seated with Mino on the right side of the aisle. The two Seungs just in front of them and at the very back was Taehyun.

The maknae was about to place his bag above his seat when he noticed a sleeping figure beside his seat just by the window. He squinted his eyes closer to find that it was the manager sleeping soundly with her YG jacket on and a red teddybear on hand to cuddle. Taehyun scoffed as he observed how vulnerable she was. What a kid. He thought as he placed his bag above his seat. He fixed his scarf before sitting right next to the sleeping woman.

He was about to put on his headphones when an audible hum emitted from the sleeping blonde. Taehyun did a double take as he looked at Mae curiously. The 18 year old hugged the teddybear tighter, shuffling a bit as she sighed with content. The male couldn't believe a person like her could be comfortable sleeping in such a tight area. Then again, he assumed she was used to that kind of lifestyle.

As everything was ready, the plane took off and due to the turbulence, Mae instantly woke up, disappointed that she was cut off from her sleep.She lightly yawned, squeaking a little bit. Upon doing so her nose caught an amazing scent, with her still closed, she sniffed out the aroma only to be lead to the scent of a man next to her. She quickly opened her eyes to find Taehyun staring strangely at her. She was a bit flustered at first, but then she regained composure and lightly laughed it off.

"You smell nice." Mae said, still hugging her teddybear.

"Thank you?" Taehyun replied, he certainly had his fair share of compliments but none of hers.

"What's with the bear?" He added.

"Oh this?" It's to help me sleep." She waved the little bear around, "It's red, because it's my favorite color." Mae stared at the plush toy admiringly.

Taehyun remained silent as he continued to observe her, even though he should respect her because of her superiority, he still couldn't wrap his head around that Mae was capable of all the awards he saw of in the internet.His eyes wandered from her hair, it was still wavy and her black roots slightly poking out of her blonde hair, and then to her eyes. They were big just like his hyung Jinwoo's, with her deep brown eyes that could easily be mistaken for black ones, he felt a bit strange from the thought of her. Her eyelashed lightly kissed her cheek, it had a light shade of pink. Taehyun's mouth went dry when his eyes wandered next to her lips. She didn't wear alot of make up but the shine on her lips made him shift a bit on his sit. Her lips were pink and the airplane lights didn't do any justice to show its color. Taehyun gulped, finding himself in a predicament where he was observing his manager too keenly

He felt his heartbeat rise and his palms went clammy. He tried to clear his throat and continued to listen to his music, but something about her presence made him feel distracted.He didn't know why he was acting that way, and he didn't know why did the thought of his manager made his stomach flutter. He looked at her once more, only to find her dark brown orbs looking back at him.

"Are you okay?"Mae asked, she was genuinely worried.

"O-Of course I am!" He tried to convince himself."But your lip gloss is off putting! You wear too much lip gloss!" 

Mae raised a brow at his predicament as she lightly looked down on her lips, "You wear lip gloss too!"

"But I have to."

"I have to too!" She retorted.

"Aiiiissssh what a child." He groaned at her.

"You're 2 years older than me, you idiot." Mae rolled her eyes, finally Taehyun saw her sassiness. Something he couldn't put to words for.

"Did you... Did you.." Taehyun was still lost for words.

"Just because  I like cute stuff, doesn't mean I can't sass you." Mae lightly laughed, being overly affectionate (she was raised that way) as she lightly poked the stunned maknae on his cheek numerous times. "You have chubby cheeks."

"I don't know if I should be offended or not." Taehyun sighed out.

"I think it's cute. No wonder girls like you." Mae continued to poke his cheeks, this time a small blush could be seen from her own face.

Upon hearing those words, Taehyun felt an unbelievable rush of heat into his cheeks as he awkwardly grab hold of Mae's hand before she could poke again. It annoyed him because he was never this nervous and weird around girls even around fans but when Mae was put in front of him, he's like Bambi on ice.

"If you continue poking me any longer, I'll have a red cheek by the time we arrive." Taehyun said as an excuse as he gently let go of her hand. He was surprised how soft her hand was and it was small, it was fitting for her.

"Hmmmm alright." Mae said, she quickly took out her phone as she connected to the planes wifi. She started to reach for her bag just on the floor, pulling out her laptop and glasses. It was time for her to work anyway. She carefully placed the teddybear inside the bag and immediately placed her black rectangular framed glasses on as she opened her laptop and started to work.

Half an hour passed, and the fiery maknae found himself looking at the person beside him who was completely immersed in her work. She had a completely different aura when she worked, she was quiet, she mumbled a bit and her eyes were directly glued on to the computer screen. Mae was different from earlier, he thought. He watched as her fingers pressed every key on the keyboard without looking at it, as well as multi-tasking as she quickly looked at her phone.Taehyun looked at the way she would bite her lips when she made a mistake. The way her eyes would squint when she read over her work and even the way her nose wiggles when she was slightly annoyed at something she typed.

"You know.... You can take a picture. It'll last longer." She said as she barely looked away from her laptop.

Taehyun was taken aback from her comment and slightly embarrassed to get caught. He really didn't mean to stare, yet somehow he couldn't help himself, but stare at her.

"Ah. Sorry." Taehyun admittedly apologized, "It's just that, it's the first time I've seen you like this."

"Really?" She lightly giggled, "I'm just writing the summary for this movie I'm working on."

"Movie? You mean you have other projects on going?" Taehyun took interest.

"Well, yes." She finally looked at him with her dark brown eyes, "Even though I'm here with you guys, I still have responsibilities in America."

Taehyun nodded, impressed how hard working she was even though of her young age. 

"Where do you exactly stay in America?" He asked out of curiosity

Mae lightly giggled, Taehyun never really took interest about it, but she replied, "I have an apartment in New York and a flat in LA." 

"But aren't you underaged?"

"For drinking."

"But do you drink?"

"Occasionally." She shrugged.

Somehow their conversation started to prolong, long enough for them to tire them out and the last thing they knew they were both sleeping. Jinwoo who was in front of them thought that the odd silence was sort of weird. He took it upon himself to look behind, he peered over his chair to find Taehyun and Mae sleeping soundly. Mae's head rested on Taehyun's shoulder, while Taehyun's head was leaned back nad his mouth wide open. Jinwoo didn't want to pass the moment and took a picture on his phone. He snickered how ungraceful the maknae looked.

As soon as the plane landed and the two were already conscious, somehow Taehyun was rendered speechless from the close proximity he was in a while ago.The six unboarded the plane. As expected, fans awaited for their arrival, they waved here and there while Mae had her shades on and stayed at the very back of the group to keep everything in check. She saw devoted fans waving around banners and some noticed her due to her hair that stood out.

Jinwoo looked behind him to see Mae doing well on her own, he gave her a small smile as they continued out. Taehyun saw the quick moment and he felt a pang in his chest that he could barely explain. The group boarded the van en route to their dorm immediately since they'll be having an interview the next day.

"I was wondering where Mae would stay." Seungyoon said who was sitting just at the back of the van.

"I'll be staying at the  unit in front of yours." Mae yawned, "The old man (YG President) wanted me to keep an eye on you so he placed me there."

"You must be really close for you to call the president an old man." Mino nervously chuckled.

"Well, he is." Mae shrugged.

Seunghoon was scrolling through his phone when he found pictures of them already. He squinted his eyes to find the caption that said, "Who's that girl behind them?" and "She seems familiar." Hoon continued to scroll in the comments when suddenly one fan said, You fools! That's Mae! Mae friggin Lee! I follow her tumblr and watch her videos! Not to mention her movies! OMFG OMFG OMFG I know she has connections with Papa YG but Idk why she's there. OMFG" 

The dancer's eyes widened at the sudden impact of Mae's image. He looked at the petite woman who was talking to Jinwoo and back to his phone, simultaenously repeating it until Taehyun asked, "What's wrong with you, hyung?" Hoonie couldn't find the words, instead, he gave his phone to the maknae for him to read and as soon as Taehyun read the comment his eyes also widened, more and more comments threaded.

"I wonder if she's working with WINNER."

"Or is she dating one of them?!"

"Why is she there?!"

"Check her instagram! She has a selca with our bbys ;-;"

"LUUUCKKKY"

Hoon and Taehyun stared at the girl still conversing with Jinwoo, Mae took notice of the 2 pairs of eyes looking at her as she smiled momentarily at them before continuing to converse with the eldest of the group.

Mae felt her phone vibrate as she reached for it and took the incoming call, "Yo old man."

"It looks like the media took a liking to you.. even their fans." YG laughed from the other line.

"What? That fast?" Mae sound a bit shocked, "I'm surprised, aren't most fangirls over possesive?"

"Well, I guess you're a different case?" The president hummed in his usual tone, "As expected from you."

"What? I barely did anything, old man." She laughed, "I guess they're just really nice."

"I guess you're right. Well, take care of them. I have to go into a meeting." The president said before hanging up.

 

"Was that the president?" Jinwoo asked.

"Yeah. The media and your fans already took notice of me and I guess soon enough, I have to tell my own fans that I'm working as your manager." She sighed as if it was troubling for her.

"Don't worry." Jinwoo placed a warm hand on her head and gently ruffled it, "I'm sure they'll support you no matter what."

"Thanks." She gave a subtle smile, blushing lightly at the contact.

"Ahhhh~ What a sweet scene." Mino said with a high pitched voice.

"You two love birds are growing closer. This is baaaad~" Seunghoon joined in the fun, while Seungyoon just laughed and Taehyun kept quiet.

 

Once they arrived at the complex, Mae was about to reach for her luggage when suddenly a large hand took hold of it before she could, it was Taehyun.

"I'll help you." He muttered as if he was annoyed at something.

"Thank you." Mae bowed.

"Hn." Taehyun didn't want to show his annoyed face as they took the elevator to go up.