The Temporary Manager

She's the Manager

WINNER after debuting they’ve certainly made an impact due to their unique and appealing brand. They’ve shown hardships , blood, sweat and tears to get where they are and they are not about to leave the spotlight anytime soon.

There are five members of the group. Kang Seungyoon, the leader. Despite his young age, he manages to keep every member in check and always on top of their game. Lee Seunghoon, choreographer and rapper. His specialties emphasizes his presence in the group, his ecstaticness on stage never fails to put a smile on everyone’s faces. Song Mino, the rapper. Previously the leader, due to an injury he was demoted. He lives a happy life, his aura strong and sunny like his personality. Kim Jinwoo, the oldest of the five. He takes pride of his cuteness and is very kind and nice to others. Last, but not the least, Nam Taehyun, the youngest. He worked hard to achieve the YG image he wears today. His blunt and fierce, just like any maknae should be.

They were in Japan with the rest of the YG Family. Singing their song Go Up. The crowd was cheering and lights were sparkling as they sung the chorus. Taehyun looked at the crowd, when he saw a vague yellow dot just at the entrance of the arena. He didn’t pay mind to it at all, when  he noticed that it moved from the audience section to the VIP section upstairs.

But that didn’t fazed him, he continued to perform as always, not minding the visitor.

 

From the VIP balcony, there stood YG’s president, Yang Hyun-suk, along with a petite blonde woman, whose head is half shaved. She was genetically thin, a little bit tan and wore harem pants with a shirt and leather jacket.

“So, what do you think?” The president referred to the rookie group performing.

“Not bad.” She laughed.

“But are you sure about this?” The woman added, “I mean, I’m younger than them.”

“There’s no one else who can do this except you. I have a lot of faith in you to bring out the boys’ abilities.” The elder man said in response.

“Pretty big words to give to an 18 year old.” She smirked as they continued to watch the concert.

 

As soon as the performance ended, WINNER went back to their changing room

“Ah! That was an awesome crowd!” Seunghoon plopped on to his chair with a water bottle in hand.

“That was fun.” Jinwoo rested on the couch, closing his eyes in the process.

Seungyoon immediately changed for his encore outfit, while Mino and Taehyun sat across each other.

“Did anybody noticed the blonde in the VIP section a while ago?” Taehyun asked, wiping his sweat off with a white face towel.

“What? No. You must be hallucinating.” Mino yawned, although tired, he wanted to go another round of singing again.

“Hmm.. I guess so..” Taehyun shrugged.

Meanwhile, the president and the petite lady roamed backstage passing by Big Bang who was the next act. The artists and staff didn’t seem to make a big deal about the younger woman’s presence. They were acquainted after all.

“Haru, look! It’s Unnie!” Tablo pointed at the small lady and immediately his daughter dashed towards the said woman and hugged her tightly.

“Haru~” She squealed in delight as she was greeted by the adorable child.

“Unnie, I missed you!” Haru said, “Don’t go to America ever again!”

The President and Tablo laughed, “She needs to go there. That’s where she lives, Haru.”

Upon hearing those words, Haru seemed to tear up, but thankfully the woman carried her all the way to her mom so that she wouldn’t cry.

“Is she here for WINNER?” Asked Tablo.

“What do you think?” The president said in a sarcastic tone before guiding the young woman to the rookie’s changing room.

 

The loud knock on the door caught WINNER’s attention as they all turned to see the door open to find the president looking serious.

“Good Evening!” The five men stood up and bowed.

“Listen up.” Yang Hyun-suk said, “You’ll be working with a temporary manager for 3 months.”

The words resonated in the room, giving WINNER a shock for their lives.

“Not only is she your manager, but she will be directing and producing your two music videos for next year.” The monotonous president crossed his arms as he gave a raised brow, “Do you have a problem with that?”

The boys gulped in nervousness, shaking their heads as a response.

“Well, then.” The president unfolded his arms, “Meet Lee Mae.”

Suddenly, the mysterious petite woman walks in. She had big eyes like Jinwoo which were accented by thick eyeliner. Her hair swept yet curly to one side since half of it was shaved, she fixed her leather jacket and placed a smile on her face.

“Nice to meet you.” Her voice was small yet it was loud.

“If you’ve been living under a rock then you should know that she’s one of the most famous directors and producers to live in America. 15 nominations and awards & counting. Besides that, she’s also a blogger.” Yang Hyun-suk said with pride.

“Calm down.” Mae yawned, “I’m still 18. You always forget about that aspect.”

“18?” Seungyoon abruptly said with widened eyes as he looked at the small girl.

“Yeah. Why?” The blonde asked.

“She may not look like it, but she is capable of running a movie all on her own.” The president said. “So, I expect you to take good care of her. She’s still young.”

“Oh, now you remember?” Mae playfully said, making the boys snicker in the process.

“Anyway, I’ll let you be acquainted.” The president placed his hands behind his back, walking towards the door to exit.

 

As soon as the door closed, an awkward aura emitted from everybody. Everything was too sudden, and the boys barely knew anything about what was happening since they were still rookies. They’ve talked about an additional manager before the concert tour even started,but to start as soon as now, they were taken aback by everything.

“We’re WINNER.” Seungyoon said as he bowed, “I’m Kang Seungyoon, the leader. Nice to meet you.”

“Lee Mae, nice to meet you as well.” She shyly greeted back, holding out her hand to shake as the leader gladly took it.

“Lee Seunghoon.”

“Kim Jinwoo.”

“Song Mino”

“Nam Taehyun.”

They all followed with the introductions as the awkwardness continued.

Mae was quite casual, obliging to take a sit on the white table, being middle of everyone.

Taehyun was quite indifferent about the new addition, thinking how young she was and also carefree. He stared at her from top to bottom, not denying her impeccable style, he scoffed to himself as he crossed his legs.

 

“Since this is pretty awkward..” Mae broke the silence, “Ask me anything. Don’t worry if I get offended or not.”

The boys looked at each other reluctantly before Jinwoo started the Q and A.

“What should we call you?”

“Mae is good.” She smiled at him.

“Uhm… How do you know the president?” Seunghoon asked.

Mae paused for a second and laughed, “He’s my dad’s friend. We’ve known each other ever since I was a kid.”

“You’re in good terms with the president right?” Mino asked, “Help me get close to him.” The rapper pleaded, pressing his palms together.

Mae laughed as she said, “If you’re talking about the face reading, then, I suggest you just stay on his good side and nothing bad will happen.”

“You watch WINNER TV?” Seungyoon’s curiosity peaked.

“Of course, I do. Even WIN.” The small blonde swung her legs forward and backward.

“Hey, Taehyun. You’re quiet over there.” Jinwoo noticed the maknae’s silence.

“Hmm? Yeah. I’m just tired.” He boredly replied, catching a glimpse of his new manager’s eyes.

Seunghoon was about to ask something when suddenly their door crashed open.

“Mae-ya!!!!!!!!” Minzy, the youngest of the girl group 2NE1 shouted as she ran towards the petite woman and hugged her tightly.

“Ah, sorry for barging in on you guys.” Sandara shyly bowed as she soon followed to hug the teen sitting on the table.

“Excuse us!” Bom hurriedly said as she and CL also joined In the hug.

“Guys..” Mae said with difficulty. “GUYS I CAN’T BREATHE.”

The fur broke off their hold as they happily looked at the blonde teen.

“What brings you here?” CL asked.

“I’m..” The youngest in the room needed to catch her breath, “I’m  their new manager and director..”

“Ah! You kids are lucky to have her with you!” Bom raised her index finger, “If you harm her in anyway, I’ll send you boys back to WIN!”

“Noona, you know her?” Mino asked.

“Yes.” Dara nodded, “She’s been around YG since our pre-debut days. She’s been coming back and forth from America to here.”

“So, She’s been in the industry since she was a kid?” Taehyun took interest.

“Well, You got to ask her for yourself.” Dara looked over her shoulder, “She’s a pretty open kid, so I won’t be surprised if you got along with her.”

“Girls!” The stage manager shouted.

“Oh, right!” Minzy said in realization, “We have to go!”

“Hurry. Don’t be late!” Mae waved goodbye to the four girls.

Taehyun curiously looked at the woman on the table, as a sly and mischievous grin was painted on his face. He slowly walked towards the girl, placing a hand on the side of the table.

“Hi?” Mae said as the random closeness of the vocalist made her a bit uncomfortable.

“Hi.” Taehyun smirked.

“Oi, Taehyun. What are you doing?” Seunghoon asked.

“He’s trying to tease me.” The only woman in the room bluntly said, placing her pointer finger on Taehyun’s forehead, pushing it slightly to give distance.

Taehyun was taken aback by her actions, but he didn’t fail to respond, “And I thought I had you.” He laughed before going back to the couch.

“Amazing.” Mino looked at the small girl, “You repelled him.”

Jinwoo burst out laughing as well as the two Seungs. They had a feeling that they will have fun with their new manager.