Out in Japan

She's the Manager

AN: I'm so sorry, because I didn't proof read this one, so I hope you'll excuse any mistakes. This chapter is a little bit short, I'm working on making the next ones longer so I hope you enjoy them :) 


The rest of the day, they walked the streets of Japan together. It was quite cold and also crowded, so being a short woman, Mae had to keep up with five taller guys with all of her strength.

She was getting squeezed between people when suddenly a warm hand caught hers and pulled her away from the crowd. She was taken aback from the strength but as soon as she saw Jinwoo’s face pulling her out made her feel a bit relieved.

“Ah, Jinwoo oppa. Thank you!” She wiped her forehead.

“Not good with a sea of people?” He asked.

“No. Embarrassingly so.” She said in response.

“You’ll get lost if you continue to be that way. Jinwoo lightly laughed. Seeing her as a little sister he wants to take care of. He held her left hand tightly as they continued to walk, with the other four men just in front of them.

“You know, people will talk if you continue to hold my hand.” Mae commented. Although, she didn’t have a problem with the skinship, she was worried for Jinwoo’s career instead.

“Aiiish! Mae is really a mature person! You’re too young to be worrying on something like that!” Jinwoo laughed.

“Sorry.” She laughed as well, “I’m sort of used to tiptoeing around the media, especially when it comes to talent like you.”

“That’s why Mr. Yang relied on you, yes?” Jinwoo looked over his shoulder to look at the small woman.

As she was about to nod, she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. She looked to her side to find Taehyun walking between them, with his hands on each of their (Jinwoo and Mae) shoulders.

“May we help you?” Mae casually asked.

“What do you mean May we help you? You do realize that you’re holding hands.” Taehyun responded.

“Ah, She was getting washed away by the sea of people so I opted to help her.” Jinwoo replied.

“Hyung, you have to be careful of your image. What if the paparazzi saw this?” Taehyun was annoyed how carefree his hyung was.

“Then why don’t you hold her hand with me if you’re so worried?” Jinwoo suggested, “It would look like close friends walking together.”

Mae’s eyes widened, keeping silent. The last thing she needed was another tall guy beside her making her look like a hobbit.

Taehyun look sceptical but instantly he sighed in defeat as he grabbed Mae’s free hand and started walking together.

Seunghoon noticed the noisiness at the back, only to find the three acting close to each other. He looked shocked as he nudged both Mino and Seungyoon to look behind them.

“WOAAAH!” Mino gasped, “Amazing! You look like a family having a stroll!”

With that joke, Seunghoon and Seungyoon laughed incredibly, causing a bit of a ruckus in the middle of the street, but it was too funny for them to pass.

“We have no choice.” Taehyun drawled.

“Sorry..” Mae felt guilty, she felt she was a burden. Although she lived in busy cities like LA and New York, she was used to walking alone and in her own pace.

“Taehyun, can’t you be a little kinder?” Seungyoon nagged noticing the woman’s discomfort.

“No.” Mae instantly replied, “If he did then I would take that as an insult.”

With her straightforwardedness she struck everyone into silence, the five were impressed with her even more.

They took a break in a park, holding a cup of hot chocolate for each of them.

“We wanted to get to know you.” Seungyoon started the conversation.

Mino and the rest admittedly nodded, they wanted to make an effort to make friends with their manager even though she was there for only 3 months.

“What’s it like in America?” Seunghoon asked.

“Everything is fast paced.” She puffed out her breath, “It’s fun though, at least for me. Because you get into this hype and get through everything faster.” Mae took a sip of her hot coco, “Although, it gets lonely from time to time. Being the youngest in an industry where you have to act like an adult all the time is hard work, so… One day, I thought.. It’s no use if I have to act like this and cannot produce quality entertainment… so I stopped being that way and lived life right now.”

Hoonie nodded in understanding as well as the others. Taehyun thought she was more mature than he gave her credit for.

“Have you met celebrities like Brad Pitt?” Mino asked in anticipation.

Everybody laughed, Mae was kind of embarrassed admitting it as she nodded.

The group gasped in awe.

“Brad and his wife, Angelina are really nice.” She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Who else?” Jinwoo added.

“Hmm.. “ She placed her free hand on her chin, “Taylor Swift and Rihanna are down to earth women. And Johnny Depp is really a charming man.” Her response made everyone gasp even more.

“Charming man?” Seunghoon caught on her wording.

Her cheeks reddened instantly as she cleared before nodding.

“Don’t tell me… You have a crush on Johnny Depp?” Jinwoo wiggled his brows.

Mae’s reaction was complete startlement. She widened her eyes and looked at the five who obviously knew that she has a crush on the a lister.

“So Mae likes that kind of guy.” Seungyoon nodded.

Instantly she shook her head in denial, “I just admire him because he’s really nice and chooses his roles wisely and he’s nice and he’s really kind and he’s nice and did I mention he’s nice?” She blushed furiously.

“Ahhh so young.” Hoon sighed out.

“But she’s in that age where she should start dating.” Jinwoo said, “Or are you already dating?”

Taehyun felt a bit of a chill, he was so sure it wasn’t because of the cold air. He felt a bit uncomfortable for some reason.

“As much as I want to, I’m not right now.” Mae embarrassingly confessed.

Everybody looked at her, shocked how raw she was. Causing Mino and Jinwoo to hug her tightly.

“She can’t breathe.” Taehyun lightly bumped his hyungs heads, somehow her answer made him feel relieved even though there was no reason for him to feel worried in the first place.

The maknae took hold of her and lightly pulled her to his side.

“Ah Taehyun is so possessive.” Seungyoon commented.

“Wha- No- I’m not, she couldn’t breathe-“ Taehyun fumbled with his words; leaving everyone unconvinced of his denial.

Seunghoon was about to retort when suddenly, Mae’s cellphone rang. She quickly looked at it and widened her eyes, “We have to go back to the hotel. Our flight will be leaving tomorrow morning.”

Although it was a short time, the six had fun out. They went to their respective rooms in their hotel, with Mae on her own and the rest of the five decided to stay in one room.

“Ahhh the bed!” Mino sighed happily as he collided with the soft mattress.

“That was unexpectedly fun.” Seungyoon laughed as he fixed his hair in front of the mirror.

“You know what’s unexpected?” Seunghoon said, “Jinwoo here and Mae  getting close to each other.

Everyone except Taehyun teased the eldest.

“It’s not like that.” Jinwoo answered.

“But seriously, you get along with her really well!” Mino commented, “And we thought you were bad with girls.”

“I am bad with girls.” Jinwoo laughed and so did the four.

“But isn’t our manager kawaii?” Seungyoon raised his brows, “She gets embarrassed about the most trivial things.”

“Aiiisssh.” Taehyun rolled his eyes, “She’s our manager.” His annoyance continued and it was severely bothering him this time, noticing that his mood changes when Mae is the topic of discussion.

“But that doesn’t mean we can’t…. admire her.” Seunghoon laughed.

“Look at you being fan boys.” Taehyun retorted. “Do you even know that she’s good at home-cooking? And she worked with Benedict Cumberbatch just last year?”

“What? How did you know that Taehyun?” Jinwoo interestingly asked.

Taehyun’s eyes widened at the realization of what he said.

“Does that mean our little maknae’s been stalking Mae-chan’s profile?” Mino joked, wiggling his brows.

“It’s not like that.” Taehyund efended himself, “I just wanted to know who were working with.”

“Jokes aside, I think that working with her will be fun.” Seungyoon nodded.

“Hmm.” Jinwoo agreed, “I really like Mae, she seems fun to be around.”

“And when she says oppa is funny too.” Hoon chuckled, “It’s her American slang.”

“She’s like a cute version of a sheep.” Mino made drawings in the air of wool.

“She’s not so bad, I guess.” Taehyun admitted, looking over his shoulder to hide the tinge of pink seeping from his cheeks.

 

Meanwhile, Mae was checking her phone as she looked at her instagram page. It was a selfie of her and WINNER. She had a small smile plastered on her face as she felt butterflies in her stomach. It’s been a while since she felt so carefree, and not bothered at all. She let out a small giggle before turning off her phone and the lights to sleep.