Sparks

The Class Clown

The doorbell rang but you barely noticed. All your attention was focused on the paragraph you were trying to write for history. 

"(Y/N)!" You heard your mom call from down stairs, "Somebody's here to see you!"

You sighed as your concentration was broken. You stood up and headed downstairs, anxious to see who would be at the door. 

It had been a few weeks since the adventure with  Chanyeol and neither of you had so little as texted each other since then. This was probably because school work had more than doubled as a result of upcomimg finals.. but you just couldn't shake the feeling that maybe he wasn't that intetested afterall. 

You reached the bottom step and froze in your tracks- there standing at the front door was Chanyeol. 

It seemed like somehow he had become even more handsome than he'd been just a short while ago. In his hand he held a small boquet of purple and gold flowers.

"Is this the boy you were telling me about?" Your mom asked happily pulling him inside. It took you a moment to answer,  you couldn't seem to get over the shock of him being there.  Maybe he was interested?

You nodded, a confused expression still stuck on your face. Your mom patted your head excitedly,

"Well any boy like Park Chanyeol is certainly welcome in our home!" With a grin she added, "l'll leave you two alone now," she turned and headed up the stairs. 

Chanyeol smiled that beautiful smile if his and your heart melted. He laughed at your expression causing you to snap back into reality. 

"Are you laughing at me Park Chanyeol?" You asked with mock annoyance. As he laughed again you became aware of how bad you must look. 

You involuntarily straitened your old t-shirt and pulled it down to the top of your most comfortable sweatants and blushed. 

It was as if Chanyeol had heard your thoughts out loud. "You look beautiful." You looked up surprised. He was stairing at you fondly. "And no, I'm not laughing at you, why do you seem so surprised to see me?" He asked while handing you the flowers.

You bit your lip and accepted the gift. How were you supposed to answer that?- You ccouldn't exactly tell him thar you thought he had no interest in you. Instead you replied casually,

"IIt's just, you know, school's been keeping everybody pretty busy- uh thanks for the flowers," you added.

He grinned, "Oh so you like them? Good, I'm glad, see, I didn't know your favorite color so I had to guess but-"

"Chanyeol," you giggled, "they're perfect." 

He blushed, then you added, "but, I kinda feel like I should be the one buying flowers for you.. because of what you did for me and all."

He laughed at your teasing (maybe a little too loudly) but you felt your insides grow warmer and you smiled. 

A few moments of awkward silence passed, it still wasn't exactly easy for the too of you to strike up a conversation, this was afterall, only your second meeting. Just then your mom and younger sister entered the room. 

"I've got snacks, come sit down," your mom gestured to the living room and you realized the two of you were still awkwardly standing right inside the door way.

"Oh yeah," you felt your face get hotter, "please come sit,"

Your younger sister ran forward and pulled Chanyeol by his shirt. "Oppa, handsome Oppa- come sit with me," she begged. Chanyeol laughed as he was lead by your little sister into the living room. 

For a few minutes your mom and sister attempted to make small talk but you weren't really listening. Once again your mind had wandered back to that magical moment. Chanyeol's strong hand pulling your face up to his.. the look in his beautiful eyes.. the way he kissed you.. his smile.. the way he made you feel....

You forced yourself back into reality just as Chanyeol finally revealed his purpose for visiting.

"(Y/n)," he said suddenly. You looked up to find him staring intently into your eyes. "Will you- go on a date with me?" 

Your mom squealed and your sister started to sing teasingly, "(y/n) and Chanyeol sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" You grabbed Chanyeol by his arm and and pulled him to the door. Before pushing him out into the cool evening air you grinned and answered, "Yes."

                                          -X-

"What the heck was I thinking??" You asked panicked as you grabbed another dress from your closet and tossed it to the floor.

"Remain calm, I'll be over as soon as my shirt ends to help you find the perfect outfit." Your friend answered through your phone.

"Thanks but please hurry, I don't have any idea what I'm doing. And how do you think I should wear my hair, is up too formal?" You asked while frowning at another skirt.

Your friend laughed. "What?" You asked defensively.

"It's just, i've never seen you get this worked up over fashion before.. this must be some boy."

You blushed. He really Is. 

"Just shut up, and get here soon,"

She laughed hung up as her break ended. You sighed and put your phone down. You grabbed a green mini dress and walked over to your mirror. You looked at your reflection for a few moments admiring the small playful ruffles on the skirt. You wondred if Chanyeol would notice the datail- then you tossed it to the floor with the others and returned to your closet.

 

Authors note: First date in chapter three if anybody is interested. There will be a lot more fluff in that chapter ^-^

Also woking on requests, I will put those out asap. 

Saranghae!♥