Why Don't You Love Me?

Tell Me

You slowly looked up from reading the text message, rage gathering in your face. "Open the damn door Jb, what is wrong with you? Why won't you talk to me!" Your foot accidentally knocked down the box that was next to the door as you repeatedly kept hitting the door, demanding to be let it. You took a deep breath as your rage turned into sadness you then gathered yourself along with the few things that had fallen out of the box. You quickly swiped away a tear that fell from your eyes as you stood up carrying your things. "This isn't fair, this isn't fair at all, I thought you loved me" you said as you began to walk down the stairs, leaving the food you had bought for dinner behind. As you entered your car and threw your thing in the backseat, tears welling up behind your eyes. No matter how hard to try to hold them back, you couldn't. One thousand questions swarmed around your mind, as to why he would ever do something like this to you. Just then your phone started vibrating, someone was calling you, maybe it was Jaebum! As you picked up your phone you saw the caller ID. It wasn't Jb, it was Jackson, a friend of Jbs who you became mutual friends with. You got along especially well with Jackson because not only did you two speak English together, which made you feel more at home, but also because you both had very similar personalities; one of the many reason why Jb fell for you. Not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment you flipped your phone over and threw your hands over the steering wheel, resting your head. I should probably pick that up, maybe he knows what's going on.

"Hello" you said while wiping your nose. "Hey ___, what's up did you get that ramen I told you about for Jb?" Hearing that made you start to slowly cry again. "I did but", you swallowed hard, "the jerk won't even let me into the apartment." Your words became weak and broken. You heard Jackson gasp on the other end. "He did what!! Are you okay? Where are you", he questioned. You sniffled before answering the question, trying to sound composed. "He didn't even speak to me, he just sent me a text saying to move on, and forget everything", you attempted to steady your breathing. "I'm sitting outside of the apartment". "He left you sitting outside!" Jackson shouted, cutting you off. "No, I'm sitting inside my car outside of the apartment, with all of my stuff in it!” Before you could say anymore, Jackson told you to stay where you were and that he would be over to pick you up; that it would be best for you not to drive. Thankfully Jackson lived in walking distance from your apartment. Around 10 minutes later he was knocking on your window asking you to scoot over to let him drive. As you stepped out of the car you kept your head low, not wanting him to see the sadness and despair in your eyes. Even though you were not looking up, you could not only hear but see Jackson struggling to catch his breath. "Sorry… it took… me so long… to get here", he said. You could tell by his broken words that he ran all the way. "Thank you for coming, let's just go before I start crying again", you said while you let out a hesitant giggle; trying to hide the pain you were feeling. A few minutes later you both arrived at Jackson's place. "Would it be alright if I stay-" you asked hesitantly before being cut off by Jackson. "You can stay here as long as you need to". He said while giving you an awkward smile, as he opened the car door. Gathering your things you walked behind Jackson to his apartment door. "Now before you go in you have to promise not to judge" Jackson stated. You had never been over to Jackson's place and you assumed he would be a little messy just based on his personality and the fact that he is a guy. "Ha-ha, it's fine", a small laugh escaped from you. "Let’s just get inside, this stuff is heavy". Stepping into the apartment you could see it was actually pretty clean. The only thing that was a mess was that Jackson had a small bundle of clothes sitting on the couch. Other than that his apartment was very nice. Jackson then turned around and stepped towards you, blocking you from seeing the clothes. "Here let me take your things and put them in my room so you don't have to be on the couch, I'm assuming your spending the night". He quickly grabbed your things from your hands and added them to what he was already carrying. For a second you thought he would drop your things as he turned around towards his room; but he caught his balance. You started to make your way towards the couch. "It’s really fine", you said wearily, "I don't mind spending the night here". But Jackson didn't hear you, he was too focused on not trying to drop your things. Pushing the clothes to the floor you made a clear spot for you to lay down and make yourself comfortable. Jackson finished putting the rest of your things in his room and then made his way back out into the living room to check on you. "Sorry it took me a while, I changed the sheets on my bed so it’s ready..." He slowed his speech as he looked up to see you asleep on the couch from exhaustion. A small smile formed on his face as he lay a blanket over you. 

 

 

:]