Late Night Boredom

Bedtime Tales

A/N: For Powerpuffgull who so cutely asked for a Sebaek. I hope you like it!! >_< 


Late Night Boredom

 

 

 

Once upon a time, Baekhyun went for grocery shopping because his fridge was echoing with emptiness. 

 

"Hi, dear customer." The cashier welcomed him with the most expressionless face Baekhyun has ever seen.

 

The cashier was young, almost too much to be working here this ungodly hour. There was a lisp in his way of speaking that betrayed the presence of braces on his upper teeth. Baekhyun foud it highly endearing.

 

Being a good customer, Baekhyun emptied his little cart on the rolling counter and the cashier started scanning the items with as much enthusiasm his face was expressing. Baekhyun took pity on him: it was true that the grocery was deserted at that time of the night. Of course the young worker would be bored. Baekhyun would be too. He took pity on him so he tried starting a conversation. He wouldn't want to be the 'annoying client of Thursday nights'.

 

"So ehm... Sehun." Baekhyun spoke after he read the nametag on the guy's (anti-fashion) uniform. "Has it been long since you started working here?" he inquired on a casual tone. If Sehun was surprised (or bored to death more than he already was) he didn't let it show. He only answered with his rather nasal voice and lisp.

 

"Almost a month, sir." The answer was more courteous than pleased.

 

"Baekhyun."

 

"What?"

 

"Baekhyun. Not 'sir'. I'm not much older than you, you know."

 

"Oh."

 

"So. A month, uh? And they let you close the shop alone?"

 

"I'm that good, I guess. XXXXX won, please."

 

"Ah? Here."Baekhyun handed in the money. Soon, his stuff was hazardously thrown into plastic bags and he was ready to leave the place. He asked one more thing before taking his leave.

 

"Will you always have the same shifts?"

 

"Yeah"

 

"See you next week then." And he left without looking back. Baekhyun could feel the younger's eyes on his back (and , for a second). He told himself that he liked the guy's guts. His next grocery trip wouldn't be as boring as it used to be.

 

 

 

Sehun watched the client, 'Baekhyun' pass the door and turn right. It was the first time Sehun met someone like him. Nobody in their right minds would come to the grocery and randomly start talking with the cashier. Sehun knew his face wasn't the most inviting when he was bored. Yet, that guy came and started asking about his life and such. Sehun was taken aback. Maybe the guy was just lonely. (Probably not.) Or maybe he was just dumbly friendly. (Most probably.) He would have to wait for next Thursday to know the answer.

 

The next Thursday, Sehun really thought Baekhyun wouldn't come back, that he had said that by pure courtesy. Closing time was almost there when the client came in, a little out of breath.

 

"I thought I wouldn't make it" he breathed heavily, a hand holding his chest. "I just got out of my club. This week was longer than usual. Uuuah! I'm glad I have enough time!" With that said he grabbed a little basket and started going through the alleys. The grocery was small, which allowed him to yell at Sehun from the other end of the room. "How was your night, Sehunnie?"

 

Sehun rised an eyebrow. "Great, I guess..." He answered as he watched Baekhyun hurriedly throw boxes and plastic wrapped meals in his basket. "And yours?" Sehun returned the question, not really interested in the answer in the first place. What Baekhyun replied caught his attention though.

 

"Well, we were talking about Soul Eater in our manga club tonight. And the discussions were so captivating we were kicked out by the security because we stayed after closing time! Can you believe it!?" Sehun had read Soul Eater. He was an hardcore manga and anime fan. Not that he would admit it out loud. "You should come one day! You'd like it! The guys are hilarious." Baekhyun concluded while emptying his basket in from Sehun.

 

"Yeah, maybe." Was Sehun's only answer. He was not at ease with strangers. Though Baekhyun made him want to go there and share about his secret passion.

 

"See you next week, Sehunnie!" Baekhyun saluted him before leaving. Sehun decided that he would really think about that offer.

 

 

 

It turns out that the manga clubs meets on Tuesday and Thursday, which is perfectly fine with Sehun since he's not working on Tuesday nights. Even before he opened the door, he could hear obnoxious fits of laughter, at least one of these laughter being Baekhyun's.

 

Sehun pushed the door and silence filled the room. Obviously they were't waiting anyone else. Sehun awkwardly stood there, not really knowing what to do or say. That was before Baekhyun recognised him and yelled (this was becoming a habit, really) from across the room.

 

"Sehunnie! You came!" the older beamed and almost ran, taking him by the shoulder to introduce him to everyone. "Guys, meet Sehun! He's my grocer and I invited him because he seemed like a nice guy. Sehun, the guys." Sehun lightly bowed his head to greet them. Oh how he hated to have all the attention on him.

 

The meeting soon started. They sat on beanbags in an imperfect circle. The subject of the day: Death Note. Soon, Sehun got caught up in the discussion and he now understood why Baekhyun was so insistent to bring him here. The guys really were hilarious (even when their opinions were logical and realistic.) Sehun wondered what he had done all this time, not sharing his manga passion with anyone. He was already looking forward to the next meeting.

 

At the break, everyone moved from one spot to another, discussing the latest news. Someone trapped his shoulders with his arm, bringing him close as if to share a secret.

 

"It seems that Baekhyun has a crush on you, Sehunnie." A deep voice all of a sudden said right next to his hear. It made Sehun jump in surprise.

 

"What??!" Sehun choked and turned to the guy he recognized as Chanyeol.

 

"Aw, don't be shy, it's obvious."

 

"Eeeh...no?"

 

"Eeeh yes. Didn't you notice how he interrupted and contradicted everyone except you earlier? And come on, he's not beaming at me like he beams at you. And I'm his best friend!"

 

As on cue, Baekhyun noticed the two of them talking not far away and smiled a 1200 watt smile, waving vigorously before resuming his conversation with Joonmyun.

 

"See?"

 

"Yeah, maybe... I guess."

 

"There's no guess in that, Sehun. Look, think about it and make a move quickly. He's wanted, you know? Jongdae over there has been chasing after him for months! Hurry before he steels him from you!" Chanyeol warmly patted his shoulder and left.

 

At the end of the meeting, Sehun and Baekhyun walked home together since they were living the same area.

 

"You were right, this club is interesting!"

 

"I know, right! Will you come back next week?"

 

"Yeah."

 

 

Weeks passed and Sehun went to every manga club meeting he could go to. Baekhyun still went to do his grocery shopping at the same ungodly hour on Thursday night. But somewhere along the line, they became a little more than just friends.

 

"Hey Baek, how was the club tonight?" Sehun asked as soon as his boyfriend entered the groccery.

 

"Aweful, Joonmyun wouldn't stop complaining he didn't understand the book. What a shame." Baekhyun snorted. "I'm coming over tomorrow so we can watch the last season of Sword Art Online, kay?" Baekhyun warned before leaving.

 

"Kay, I guess..."

 

Baekhyun smiled and leaned in so they could exchange a chaste kiss over the counter. That brat would never change.

 

 

End