Baek A Cake

Bedtime Tales

Baek A Cake

 

 

Once upon a time, Baekhyun had a huge crush on his boss.

 

Who wouldn't? I mean, it's Kim Minseok and everybody in the world of publicity KNOWS Kim Minseok.

 

A little time ago, Baekhyun was hired in that publicity agency. That's where he met Minseok.

 

When he heard by Joonmyun that Minseok's birthday was next Monday, Baekhyun immediately wanted to bake him a cake. He was sure nobody would do it (bring a cake). Or at least it wouldn't be a homemade one. With that great motivation, Baekhyun couldn't get the idea out of his head, not when there were chances of him becoming friends with his boss.

 

The thing was: Baekhyun didn't know how to bake. He just couldn't. He's able to type 200 words/minute at work, cut his own hair, wash and iron his pure white shirts, but never did he succeed in baking an edible cake.

 

So he registered to those cooking lessons with a renowned patissier of his neighbourhood. When he came in the next Sathurday morning, he was surprised to see a crowd of ladies attending the same lesson. He found it weird, but tried to stay focussed on the upcoming task: the cake had to be perfect if he wanted Minseok to recognize him as a worthy enough person to hang out with (and more. Baekhyun's objective was the step after. At least.)

 

The teacher came in and Baekhyun finally understood why the ladies were all so well dressed for a simple cooking lesson. The tutor was freaking gorgeous; it made Baekhyun gulp hard.

 

Jongin was known for his simple but delicious pastries. That and his disturbingly good look. He seemed to ignore he was attractive though, for he was always talking slowly and often seemed in his own world. Another thing was: Baekhyun might or might not have chosen the place based on the teacher's looks. He did his researches : he did not want to follow lessons with an old an uninteresting fat man. So he chose the youngest and prettyest of them all. That was just the typical-Baekhyun way of doing things. 

 

Some instructions were given and it was time to get to work. But as he was going to break the eggs in the bowl in front of him, Baekhyun got distracted by his hair (that he wore natural black cut and long enough to cover his eyes, apparently.) With that determined look on his face (which includes him biting his bottom lip [A/N: OMG >_<]), he rolled the sleeves of his pure white shirt and finally tied his hair in a pony tail right on top of his head (making a fountain of hair [A/N: OMG. Author's giving herself some feels... >_<])

 

Baekhyun poured the ingredients in the bowl and mixed as he was shown. Once done, he prepared his material for the 'oven' part. He was about to put the mixture in the mould when a hand came to stop him.

 

"There's too much liquid in your preparation, sir." Jongin said from right besides Baekhyun. The latter didn't hear him arrive.

 

With puppy eyes, Baekhyun turned to his (handsome) tutor. "Is it?"

 

"It is. Let's start over, okay?" Jongin proposed with that calm half-smile of his. Baekhyun internally fanboyed screamed.

 

So under Jongin's tight supervision, Baekhyun put the ingredients together once more. The man's presence made Baekhyun feel on edge. He almost broke a cable when Jongin put his hand on top of his to show him how to handle the mixing tool correctly.

 

Once everyone's cakes baked and cold, it was time for the decoration. As a publicity professional, Baekhyun had quite a good creativity, so that part wasn't that bad. Still, he had no experience in the matter, so the whole thing ended up looking like a 6 years old's cooking experiments. The concept was there, but not quite the capacity of execution.

 

At the end of the lesson, Jongin bowed to every 'student' he had that day. He accompanied them to the door and modestly thanked them for their efforts. When Baekhyun's turn came, the latter found himself unable to reply: Jongin's complete smile this time did something weird in his belly, as if the lion into it was starting to get hungry.

 

As he walked back to his apartment, Baekhyun wondered if Minseok was going to like his cake. He also wondered whose birthday would be next.

 

A birthday needs a homemade cake to be celebrated, right?

 

End