A Piece of Him

Wedding Dress

Chapter 6 – A PIECE OF HIM

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

“Thanks.” I said when he stopped the car. We’re here in front of SNU. I looked at him but he didn’t say a word, not even a glance. “Bye.” I said and get off the car.

He started the engine and off he goes. I just stared at the Lamborghini until I can no longer see it.

“Hey, where have you been?”

“Huh?” I turned around. “Oh, oppa.”

“Minzy said you had a business to deal with. What business?” he asked. Now that he mentioned it, I need to see that brat. It’s her fault I got in trouble. Jiyong trouble.

“Where’s Minzy?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “Hey, it’s me who’s here and yet you’re looking for her. I think you’re treating us unfairly.”

“Aish, stop whining oppa. Let’s go.” I said and grabbed his arm.

“Where to?” he asked.

“To Minzy. We have some business to settle.”

“Aish, seriously?”

 

********

 

I glared at her but she just smiled at me. I cocked my eyebrow and she beamed.

“Yes, unnie?” she said grinning.

“Don’t ‘yes unnie’ me.” I glared at her even more.

“Are you guys fighting?” Youngba-oppa asked. I just ignored him. “This is between me and Minzy, oppa. This has nothing to do with you.” I said and crossed my arms.

“Ouch. Now I’m out of it?”

“This is a girl talk oppa. You’re not a girl.” I said not looking at him.

“Eh? Aish, fine. I’m out.” He said and stood up.

“Where are you going?” I asked. We’re here at the cafeteria. I called Minzy a while ago to know where she is and she said she’s here. So I dragged Youngbae-oppa all the way here.

“To do something, a boy thing. Why are you asking? Are you a boy?” he said and cocked his eyebrow. And with that, he left.

“Now, it’s just the two of us.”

“Tell me unnie. What happened? Where did you go? Where did he bring you? Huh? Huh?” she asked not taking her grin away from her face.

“You have no idea what happened to me so stop smiling.” I exclaimed.

“Huh? Why? What did he do to you? Omo.” She said and covered . “Unnie… don’t tell me…”

“Huh?”

“You guys did it? You did it, finally? Oh my gosh.”

“Eh?”

“Tell me unnie. How was it? Was he gentle to you? Where did he bring you? Which hotel? Or was it in his house? Did you use protection? There’s no way you couldn’t have. You’ll get pregnant. Well, we’re graduating soon. I think that’s fine. So how-“

“What are you talking about?” I asked confused. What is she talking about? Protection? Get pregnant?

“You made love. Finally.” She beamed and clapped her hands. Made love? Made… Love…

“Hey! You and your erted mind. Where did you get that idea? I can’t believe this.”

“Huh? Hey unnie I don’t have erted mind okay? I’m just curious here and you're already calling me ert?”

“What are you thinking? We didn’t do that.” I said almost exclaiming. I can’t believe this brat.

“Really huh? Then why are you blushing? Hah, I knew it.”

“Huh? I’m not.” I exclaimed and she laughed.

“Unnie, I understand. Don’t worry.” She beamed. Seriously?

“You shut up or I’ll kick your .”

“ huh?” she laughed.

“Minzy.” I exclaimed.

“Fine, fine.” She laughed. “So tell me, where did you go?”

“He brought me to a restaurant.”

“Seriously? And then?” she asked enthusiastically.

“We ate.”

“Oh, so he brought you to a date huh. You guys are improving.”

“Improving? He brought me there because he saw me eating those street foods at the street, thanks to you for dragging me there, and he got mad at me. He’s mad at me.”

“Mad at you? Why is he mad at you?” she asked.

“Because of eating those foods.”

“Huh? Why? What’s wrong about eating street foods? What is it, a forbidden food?”

“He said he doesn’t want me to eat those. He said he doesn’t tire himself at work just for me to eat those.”

“Seriously? He told you that?” she asked with her eyes widen. I nod.

“If you didn’t drag me there I wouldn’t have eaten those foods. He wouldn’t see me there at the street. He wouldn’t get mad at me.”

“Unnie, stop pouting. You should be thanking me instead.” She said.

“Thanking you? Yeah, he got mad at me. Thanks to you.” I said sarcastically.

“Unnie, don’t you get it? If I didn’t drag you there, he wouldn’t see you there at the very first place. If he didn’t see you there, he wouldn’t bring you in that restaurant. He wouldn’t get mad at you for eating those foods. He wouldn’t be whining about it.”

“Exactly.” I said as a matter of fact.

“Don’t you get it? He cares for you.”

“Huh?”

“Yeah, and what did he say to you again? That he doesn’t tire himself at work just for you to eat those? See? It just means that he’s working hard for you. For him to give everything you need.” She said.

He’s working hard for me? For him to give everything I need?

“Are you sure about that?” I asked. I don’t believe he would do such thing for me.

“I think? Why would he say those words on the very first place?”

“Because he’s mad?”

“Yeah, that’s it. He’s working his hard and yet he will just see you at the street eating street foods. Ofcourse he will be mad. He’s a mogul and yet he will see his wife eating at the street?”

“I don’t get you, Minzy.”

“He doesn’t want you to settle for less knowing that he can give you everything. He cares for you. He loves you.”

He cares for me? He loves me?

“I think that’s absurd. You’re assuming things.”

“Oh come on unnie.”

“That’s impossible. He may actually care for me, but that’s it, nothing more. He’s my husband. He’s responsible for me. He’s just doing his responsibility.” I said. And that’s the truth.

“Unnie…”

“Let’s not jump into conclusions.” I smiled. “I’m still going to ask him for divorce. Don’t make me hope for something and eventually change my mind.”

“Unnie…”

“He doesn’t want me. I’m nothing but just a responsibility. I maybe his wife, but that’s just a title. I kept our marriage a secret because I know that one day he will leave me. He will ask for me to leave him. And I will be left with no choice but to do what he wants. Just like what I always do. Because, I don’t have the right to say no. So to save a little of my pride, I will be the one to ask it for him. At least he would think that I also feel the same for him. I also feel what he feels for me.”

“Unnie…”

“It’s okay.” I smiled at her. She put her hand on my face and wiped something on it.

“Do me a favor. Before asking him for divorce, at least confess to him.”

“Huh?”

“In exchange for this.” She said and handed me her handkerchief. “Wipe those tears.” She smiled.

I touched my face, I’m crying?

 

********

 

“Where are we going, oppa?” I asked Youngbae-oppa who’s busy with the steering wheel. We’re in his car and I don’t know where exactly are we going.

“We have a date.” He said glancing at me.

“A date?”

“Ahuh, Minzy told me to treat you on a date.” He said and I laughed.

“Really? Why?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged.

“And you just agreed to her?” I laughed.

“Yeah.”

“Okay, so where are we going?”

“Here.” he said and stopped the car. At the mall? “Let’s go.” He said and parked his car and we get off.

“Are we shopping?” I asked as soon as we enter the mall. He looked at me from head to toe and then laughed.

“I don’t think I can afford to shop for you.” He said. Huh?

“If we’re going to eat then I’m not hungry.” I said.

“Who said we’re going to eat?” he said and grabbed my hand.

“Then what exactly are we doing here?” I asked. He didn’t say a word and just laughed.

 

********

 

“Arcade? Seriously?” I asked. I can’t believe it. What are we? High school students?

“Why? If we win in one of the games here then we’ll have a price.” He said. I looked at the station where the prices are located. Stuffed toys? Candies? Freebies? No thanks.

“I don’t like those.” I said and pointed at the prices.

“Seriously? Every girl would want their date to win those for them.” He said.

“Well, not me.” I said and put my hand on my hip.

“Don’t you like the fun games here?”

“I don’t play games. I don’t do gaming.” I said.

 

********

 

“I thought you’ll like it there.” He said and put his hands on the back of his head.

“Now, where to?” I asked.

“I don’t know. You suggest.” He said. I looked around and…

“Let’s go there.” I said.

“Huh? Where?” he asked and I pointed at the place.

“At the book store?” he asked and I nod.

 

*******

 

“Ahh, you like reading. How can I forget.” He said. I looked at the novels stacked on the shelf. “Shouldn’t we be in the accounting section? Those are your things.” He continued.

“I’ve had enough of those.” I said.

“Yeah, you have lots of those.” He laughed. I smiled when I saw something and showed it to him.

“Have you read this?” I asked.

“Nope, and I don’t have plans on reading it.”

“Really? This is a good novel.” I said and smiled as I read the title.

“Yeah, for a hopeless romantic like you.” He said and I looked at him.

“And you’re not?” I asked.

“Nah.”

“That explains why you’re still single.” I said.

“Look who’s talking.” He replied. I laughed. You have no idea oppa.

“I’ve read this already. Like how many times.” I said and put it back. “Let’s go.” I said and looked at Youngbae-oppa. But, he’s looking at a different direction. Actually, it’s more like staring. I looked at where his eyes are darted and my eyes widen. And, I feel like I froze on where I’m standing. I saw him, standing in a direction not from us, with a girl standing next to him. And, they’re looking at our direction. I stare at the girl beside him, she’s looking sophisticated, I don’t know who she is but I can tell, she’s beautiful. My eyes darted on him, and our eyes met. I can’t fathom what does his look means. He’s just staring at me. For five… ten… fifteen seconds? I don’t know. And then his eyes darted at the man beside me. I looked at Youngbae-oppa and he’s also staring at them, with the look same as Jiyong. I looked back at them and saw Jiyong is still staring at Youngbae-oppa and so with the girl beside him. I can’t fathom what’s going on, and what’s this feeling I have right now, all I know is we need to get out of here. I grabbed Youngbae-oppa’s hand and drag him all the way out.

 

 

 

********

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I focused my attention on the road as I continue driving. And then my phone rings.

[Good evening, Mr. Kwon.]

“Have you done it?”

[Yes sir. I did just like what you instructed me to do.]

“Good. I hope she’ll like it.”

[It’s an expensive gift. I’m sure she will.]

“I had fun with her. She deserves it.”

[Is there anything you need, sir?]

“It’s late now. You can rest.”

[Alright, sir.]

“Thank you, Hyorin.”

[You’re welcome, Mr. Kwon.] She said and I hang up.

I was about to put my phone back when it rings again.

[Hi babe.] The caller greeted. I can’t help but smile upon hearing her voice.

“Hi.”

[I miss you.] She said. I can’t help but smirk upon hearing those words.

“I’m on my way.” I said and hang up.

This will be a long night for you Kwon.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

D x