Ordinary Day | Minhyuk

Code Name Writer (CNBLUE Scenario Collection)
There was clear, crisp breeze outside. The sun shone brightly across the sky with no cloud in sight. Dandelion seeds floated to the melody of the wind and pollen reached its way to the noses of the sensitive. The trees were reinvigorated with life once again as buds emerged from its branches. A brisk, sweet scent filled the atmosphere. It was finally comfortable enough to walk around without a winter coat. 
 
For you, this was convenient. Everyday, you had to walk back and forth from your home to the dance studio. During winter, there were numerous times where you slipped and fell on ice, leaving you cold and achy. Your pink duffel bag and water bottle would go flying in the air and you had to pick the items up, careful of not falling again. You weren't known to be a clumsy person at all; dance practice just made your muscles fatigued and tired. 
 
Now that it was spring, your favorite season, travel time would be cut in half. Except, not really. When you walked, you couldn't help but bask in the glory of everything spring. Life was returning to the land, and you were compelled to admire everything. And there was just something about this season that made you want to smile. Was it because of the plants? The flowers? The chirping of the birds early in the morning? Or was it the fact that it was around this time you had met your boyfriend for the first time?
 
It wasn't in your nature to admit it, but yes, it was because of him. 
 
To you, he was like water to all living beings on Earth. A breathe of fresh air. Something you needed back then. 
 
But all of those things were now in the past. He would be waiting for you at home, where all of your love remained to stay. 
 
---
 
Taking your shoes off on the mat, you call out into the apartment. "Minhyuk, I'm home!" You place your sneakers on the empty spot of the shoe rack and make your way to the kitchen. Plates and glasses litter the sink. A damp towel is sprawled across the counter. The dirty kitchen remained just the way you left it earlier. 
 
I guess he hasn't come home yet, you think. A little relieved to know he didn't have to witness the mess in front of you. So, you decide to clean up. 
 
For an hour or so, you wash dishes, scrub the counters, and throw the used towels in the laundry. By the time you finish, it's six o' clock, more than hour later than when Minhyuk would usually get off work. You begin to worry. Did something happen to him?
 
Just as you were about to grab your phone and call him, your phone rings. Despite the caller ID being unknown, you pick up your phone. "Hello?" you answer. 
 
"Hey ______, it's Minhyuk." The little bit of worry in your heart flies away as you continue to listen to the man on the other end of the call. "I'm calling from Jungshin's cell phone." 
 
"Oh okay. Where are you?" 
 
"I'm on my way home. There was a patient at work who needed some serious help, so I ended up staying a little bit longer," Minhyuk explains. "I couldn't call you because my phone died. I'm sorry jagiya."
 
You smile at his cute apology. There was no need to apologize, but you accept it anyway. "I'm just glad you're safe is all. Is Jungshin coming over for dinner too?"
 
"Since he's driving me home, I figured he should at least stay for dinner."
 
"I agree. I'll start preparing dinner then."
 
"Thank you, ______."
 
"Of course!" Just as you were about to hang up, you hear Minhyuk exclaim something quickly. "Wait _____, wait!"
You pull your cell back to your ear. "O.M.G, what what what? What is it, Minhyuk?" you say jokingly. 
 
Suddenly, his voice lowers, whispering into the phone so no one would hear. "I love you jagiya."
 
You feel like smothering your face into a pillow. How is that you two have been together for a year already and he still makes you feel like you're on top of the world? You try your best to hold back a squeal. 
 
"I love you too Min-ie, I'll see you soon."
 
---
 
"_____-noona, thanks for the meal!" Jungshin bows towards you before pulling on his loafers. 
 
"Anytime! I'm glad you came over tonight! Thanks for taking care of Minhyuk and driving him home," you say. 
 
"Wahhh noona, you're so nice. Maybe I should take you for myself?" Jungshin jokes and you laugh as you hit him on his side.
 
"In your dreams, Jungshin-ah. She's mine." Minhyuk chimes in, walking towards the two of you. He places an arm around your waist and you place an arm around his, responding to the affection.
 
"I'm gonna get out of here, hyung. You and noona are starting to get cute and I'm lonely." He grabs his coat and keys, then opening the front door. "Bye! Good night! Thank you again for having me!"
 
"Bye Jungshin! Take care!" you yell as he closes the door behind him. 
 
You turn towards Minhyuk and look up and down at his figure. He was still wearing his white doctor's coat, two pens in the pocket with his ID card attached. The smell of antibacterial gel and medication lingered on his clothes. It was a little bit disgusting. Before he could pull you in for a hug, you stop him with both of your hands on his chest. 
 
"Don't."
 
He looks at you surprised. "Did I do something wrong?"
 
"Not at all. I want to hug you so bad, but I feel like there's germs all over your clothes."
 
"You're probably right," he mumbles and sniffs his arm.  
 
"Will you please take a shower?"
 
"Only if you come with me," he teases. 
 
Minhyuk takes your hand and squeezes it. You know he was only joking, but you were beginning to think that he probably half meant it too. 
 
"Sure." 
 
---
 
Minhyuk was already in the shower. The only thing stopping him from lathering his hair with shampoo was you. He was waiting for you to enter, so you could spoil him. Tonight, he didn't feel like doing anything by himself. 
 
He pulls the curtain a little bit to peek over to where you were. In front of the mirror, you strip off your clothes, piece by piece. You weren't aware that Minhyuk was watching you, so you were taking your time, checking yourself out along the way. Hm, my stomach flab is protruding a bit more today, you point out. Minhyuk quietly chuckles at your actions. 
 
"Ya jagiya, get in the shower already!" He smirks. 
 
You jump in shock at his voice. "Minhyuk-ah! Were you looking?" 
 
"I've already seen all of you that there is to see," he rolls his eyes playfully and closes the curtain, going back into the warm stream of water. You grumbled as you joined him under the shower head. He smiles, seeing all of you. It was a little bit embarrassing for you, but he was right. It's not like this was your first time to be in his presence. 
 
"______, you're so beautiful, you know that?"
 
"Yeah, I know," you wink. 
 
"As long as you know," he laughs, "now will you wash my hair for me?" 
 
"Yes, of course."
 
"You're the best girlfriend ever, jagi."
 
"And I better be the only one, ever." You giggle as you pour shampoo onto your hands.
 
~
 
 
Author's Note
 
Here's my Minhyuk scenario! Sorry if this seems like a really rushed and incomplete scenario because it was rushed. I just wanted to put something out before my school break ended. Anyway, thanks for reading! Minhyuk is a complete sweetie pie in my opinion. I would be so honored to have him as my boyfriend. :-)