Appa | Jonghyun

Code Name Writer (CNBLUE Scenario Collection)

"Appa!" your daughter yelled.

"Yes Mihyun?" replied Jonghyun, your husband. Mihyun giggled and ran away. You chuckled at the sight before you. Jonghyun, who was helping you cook pork dumplings, was also playing with the small four year old present in the kitchen.

"Isn't she so funny?" you smiled. He grinned at you, then turned around to find a sneaky Mihyun. "Raaaaaaah!" he roared in a hush voice making the tiny girl laugh. Your strong and well-built husband, picked her up and twirled her around. You smiled to yourself as you put the last dumpling in the steamer. You felt so lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful family.

---

"Eomma, I want more dupling!" whined Mihyun.

"Okay, okay let me get you some more." You took her plate and moved two pieces of the savory cuisine onto it. This particular recipe was one of Mihyun's favorites. "Here you go Mihyun-ie," you said in a sing-song voice. "Mihyun-ah, tell your eomma thank you!" Jonghyun reminded her. Manners were always something you and him wanted to emphasize. After moving to Korea eight years ago, you had learned how important respect and gratitude was.

"Thank you eomma," she said shyly.

"You're welcome," you smiled softly. The three of you ate the rest of your supper happily.

---

After a hearty dinner, it was time to follow Mihyun's usual bedtime routine. A bath, drying and brushing hair, changing into pajamas, and brushing teeth. By the end of it all, you were the one more exhausted and ready to sleep.

"Good night Mihyun." You swept her shiny, black hair out of her face.

"Good night eomma," she said back. You kissed her forehead and whispered, "I love you Mihyun-ie." You left Mihyun's room which was covered in darkness, except for the dim Pororo night light in the corner.

As you entered your bedroom, you spotted Jonghyun on the bed. He was holding his guitar, focusing on the sheets of music in front of him. After he played a couple of notes, he would quickly scribble it down on the paper.

"Busy?" you smirked as you walked towards the vanity.

"Just writing down some quick inspiration before I forget."

He set his guitar down on the stand, and placed the sheets on the desk. You were sitting in front of the mirror, brushing your hair. When suddenly, a handsome face appeared behind you. Jonghyun placed his arms around your waist and held on tightly, as if to squeeze all the warmth from your body. He buried his face in your neck, causing you to twitch and laugh. It tickled.

"You smell good."

Your turned around and looked him in the eye. Your arms wrapped around his neck, pulling your bodies closer together.

"Thank you," you grinned.

He raised his eyebrows. "For what? For telling you that you smell good?" That was totally not what you meant. As a result, you playfully hit his shoulder.

"No! Not that! I just, wanted to thank you for being such a great appa to Mihyun."

He leaned in and kissed you softly. His lips were a bit dry, mostly due to singing. But it was still as soft as the last time you kissed him. Which in fact, was after dinner, when he offered to wash the dishes. It pays off to be a hardworking couple. Your lips met his, again and again. You felt each other smile in the midst of the makeout session. Then, he pulled away to kiss your nose.

"Thanks for being such a caring eomma."

---

Lying in bed, you thought about how happy Jonghyun was when you told him you were pregnant. You were a little nervous, but you knew he would be understanding. That day, he squeezed you so hard, you thought your arms would pop off. He was ecstatic to tell his family, friends, and most importantly, his fellow band members. Yonghwa teased you both for finally having , even though you and Jonghyun knew it had been more than once already. Minhyuk congratulated you about the joyful news, while Jungshin was already out the door ready to go baby shopping with his hyung. Your child was going to have the best uncles ever.

Your train of thought was suddenly interrupted by a hand snaking its way to your stomach and a leg hugging your hips.

"Ya, you're heavy," you complained.

You turned to the other side to find your husband sleeping soundly. His milky white skin was smooth to your touch. His eyebrows were scrunched together, his eyelashes naturally curled, his hair a little rough and ragged from moving so much. He looked so at peace. It tempted you to give him a quick peck on the cheek. Jonghyun's eyes peered open slowly.

"Sorry to wake you."

"What time is it? Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

He squinted to check the clock on the bedside.

"I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" he asked as he locked his fingers in between yours. "Another one," you confessed.

"Another one?"

"Yeah, like another baby," you mumbled.

From your straightforwardness, you hid under the blanket, embarrassed. That didn't last, as Jonghyun fought to uncover you from under the covers. He cupped your cheeks like a baby. "When you're being like this, it reminds me of when we first started dating."

Lips touched your forehead, cheek, then lips. You deeped the kiss, adding your tongue.

"Jonghyun, I really want you."

You felt something harden against your thigh. Your seductive voice was doing wonders on him, just as you wanted.

"Are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure. Let's be extra quiet though, there's a little one next door."

"Make sure you can take your own advice, _____."

---

"I'm pregnant!"

You came out of the bathroom, holding the pregnancy test like a trophy. Jonghyun hugged you as soon as he heard the news.

"You are? Really?"

"Would I lie about that?"

He kissed your forehead and held you close, basking in the happiness of a new member joining your family soon. A pitter patter of feet suddenly entered the living room. Mihyun was rubbing her eyes. She was woken up by her mother's squealing and father's cheering.

"Umma... Appa... you're too loud," she complained on the verge of tears. Mihyun was obviously still too tired to function. Jonghyun kneeled down and carried her in his arms. "Ya, Mihyun-ie, you're going to be an unnie!" She stared at her dad, confused, a tear drop rolled down her chubby, left cheek.

"Appa, what are you talking about?" The annoyed baby girl sobbed into her father's arms. You were giggling at your daughter's irritation. Kids sometimes.

"Umma is having another baby! Aren't you excited?"

Mihyun didn't answer and only buried her head into Jonghyun's shoulder. Maybe you were going to have to tell her again later, when she was in a better mood. Jonghyun and you exchanged looks of amusement. Mihyun and the new baby were going to be a handful. But you were prepared for anything, as long as Jonghyun was by your side.

~

Author's Note

Sorry, if this wasn't that good. It was a bit rushed. I was just too excited to put out a Jonghyun scenario. He was my first bias. <3

Jonghyun can hit me up anytime.