High School Crush | Yonghwa

Code Name Writer (CNBLUE Scenario Collection)

You waved at the boy walking towards you.

"Hi Yonghwa!"

He was walking with his three best friends, huddled close as they discussed something intensely. It was too late when you realized you were interrupting their conversation.

"Hi ______," Yonghwa nodded and smiled, then returning his attention back to his friends. They walked right past you, still talking, yelling, and laughing. Your eyes followed their movement, getting farther and farther from where you stood. You didn't interrupt them, they just couldn't be bothered at all. As long as they were together, they were in their own little world.

The four boys had always been close ever since elementary school. The group consisted of Yonghwa, Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and Jungshin. Yonghwa and Minhyuk were in the same grade as you, 3rd year. Meanwhile the other two were only 2nd year students. Yonghwa was the eldest, our of the four, making him the leader, the oldest brother. Their hyung. He was usually the one taking charge of the friendship.

You learned this information from your friend, Hana. She was a year younger than you, but skipped a grade, due to an advanced placement test. You two had met a year ago in dance class, when you transferred to the Fine Arts Academy of Seoul. But that didn't prevent her from befriending you immediately. There was an instant click after she was assigned to become your dance partner for a group piece. You were thankful to have made a good friend. Moving to a new school in the middle of one's high school career is a stressful one. Especially at a prestigious, fine arts school.

"Ya ______, what are you staring at?"

Hana waved a hand in front of your face. She had broken your train of thought.

"Ah nothing, sorry Hana," you apologized.

"Why are you apologizing? I just got here."

"Okay let's go, we're going to be late!"

---

You and Hana were on your way to a cafe a few miles away. This particular cafe, Feu 11, had performances from local musicians often. When Hana discovered that her unnie's boyfriend was performing that day, you both had agreed to go together right away after school. The guy was a singer who also played the piano. He was popular at his college, especially with the classical crowd.

When you arrived at Feu 11 (or F11 as it was called for short,) the sound system was still being set up. Hana quickly ran over to her sister to show her support. You were relieved to be early, and decided to order something to drink while your best friend was occupied. There was still some time to kill before the show. You walked up to the counter as you dug into your backpack looking for your wallet.

"Hello, what would you like to order?"

"Hi, I'd like to order a four hon-"

You stopped talking when you realized who was behind the counter. It was your crush, Jung Yonghwa. What were the odds of this happening?

"Oh hi again, _____!" Yonghwa did his signature cheeky smile. You wanted to melt right on the spot.

"Omo, Yonghwa-ssi, you work here?"

"Yeah! My hyung owns this place, and he recently allowed me to start working here. It took me a lot of convincing though," Yonghwa chuckled.

"That tall and handsome boss is your hyung?" Your question came out a little more shocked than you meant it to be. He laughed at your discovery and nodded. You didn't know why, but you were extremely happy. Even though you had embarrassed yourself in front of him earlier today, it didn't matter anymore. After making your order, you congratulated him on his new job and promised to come by often after school.

You literally wanted to kiss Hana's feet. If it weren't for her and this show, Feu 11 would've just become another cafe in Seoul.

---

From that day, you would visit Feu 11 at least twice a week. You were scared, perhaps coming off as a stalker or an obsessive crush. But your relationship with Yonghwa only strengthened and grew. At first, conversation was just friendly small chat. When you ordered, you would ask how his day was, or mention that acting project in Mr. Woo's class. Anything that could strike up a conversation. Eventually along the way, you guys became friends. Whether it was your persistence or your charm, your presence has grown on him. Sometimes, you two would bus together after school to the cafe or he would take a break during his shift to join you while you studied. There was finally some hope that he possibly might like you back.

Time went by fast. The autumn season had passed like that, the routine of you two together. Students at school began to notice, and gossip began to spread.

"My God, the nerve of some these people, ______! Do you hear what they're saying? I want to kick their butts!"

"I know. It's okay Hana, I have you at least."

"What business do they have with you and Yonghwa's relationship? I mean, right?"

You tried your best to not let the mean comments get the best of you. You kept a smile and positive attitude, in order to keep Hana or your family from worrying. But it was getting harder and harder each time. How some of these people could be so rude, fathomed you.

Are they dating? Who does she think she is?

They would make a bad couple.

She's like a leech. Yonghwa can find someone better.

All this because of your little crush, which coincidentally happened to be one of the school's best singers. Maybe it was best to let go of him. To return to your peaceful life.

"I'll see you later Hana, I'm going to meet Yonghwa. Bye bye!"

"What? Ya, ______! Be careful!" You heard Hana shout at you from behind.

You texted Yonghwa to meet you at the playground near your house. He should remember where it was since he had walked you home multiple times before. Because you were focused on looking down at your phone, you bumped into a tall figure.

"I'm so sorry," you bowed to the person.

"I'm sorry! Oh, _____-noona, hello!" It was Jungshin. "Are you going some where?"

You nodded, "Yeah, I'm on my way to meet Yonghwa-oppa."

"Oh really? I won't keep you then."

"Alright, take care Jungshin. Bye!"

"Ah noona!" the boy called out.

"Yes?"

"Don't worry about what others are saying. I know Yonghwa-hyung likes you a lot."

You froze. For the first time in a while, you felt the weight on your shoulders fly away.

---

"_____, there you are! I've been waiting for you."

Yonghwa stood up from the swing he was one and ran over to you.

"Sorry oppa, I ran into Jungshin before coming here."

"Jungshin-ah?" he asked, confused.

"Yeah. Hey, let's sit over there." You pointed towards the bench under the shade of a giant, old tree.

Right as you two sat down, you got straight to the point. There was no time to beat around the bush. You were sick of taking crap you didn't deserve from the student body.

"Yonghwa, I think we should keep our distance."

"What, why? Did I do something wrong?" he asked in a frantic voice.

"No, you've been anything but wrong. You've been such a great friend to me," you sighed, "But people have been nonstop trashtalking about you and I, and I don't think I can continue listening to them anymore."

You lowered your head and bit your lip. That was one of the hardest things you've ever had to say. Suddenly, Yonghwa gripped your shoulders and turned you to face him. He was looking straight into your eyes.

"Look, ______. This wasn't how I was planning to tell you, but here goes I guess." Yonghwa took a deep breath, cleared his throat, and readjusted his grip on you.

"I like you, ______. These past few months of us hanging out together have made me feel something for you. I always want to be around you, talk to you, anything! I don't care what other people think, so please if anything, don't stop talking to me. But if you don't like me back, then I will understand if you want to keep your distance."

The boy beside you let go of your body. He turned forward, kicking his feet at the dirt, waiting for your response. He was like a mirror of you, looking as nervous as you truly felt. You couldn't believe what you had just heard. The person you had been crushing on for months just confessed his most sincere feelings towards you. It was like a dream. You were floating through space and time, adrenaline kicking in. At a loss for words, all you could do was hug him.

"_____, what does this mean? You haven't said anything."

"I like you. I've always liked you. For the longest time." You were so happy you could scream. Nobody's words mattered to you anymore. You liked him, and he liked you back. That's all the support you needed to endure the maliciousness within your classmates. Yonghwa tightened the hug. He finally had you.

"______, let's be together for a long time. I don't care about anyone else." He pulled away and held your hands. "From now on, you'll be the first on my list."

You grinned, with your heart on your sleeve. "Okay, let's do that. I don't care anymore, I want to be with you."

That afternoon, you were officially dating Jung Yonghwa.

---

"This is a song dedicated to my beautiful girlfriend, ______. She's out here in the crowd tonight, and I'd just like to thank her for being so supportive and being my best friend. _______, you've gone through a lot being with me, but you stuck through it all. Thank you so much, I love you."

Yonghwa strummed his guitar to see if it was in tune. Then, he spoke through the microphone again.

"This is called, 'First Place.'"

As he was about to begin singing, you made eye contact. You mouthed, "I love you so much," to him, making him smile wide.

He was worth it.

~

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading my first CNBLUE scenario! I've been a big fan of CNBLUE for a long time, so I was a little bit harder on myself while writing this. (They were my first kpop group, even though they're more of a band than a group.) I really hope you enjoyed reading this, and look forward to me writing more CNBLUE scenarios. <3 Boices definitely lack scenarios.

Also, make sure to listen to Yonghwa's pre-release song, Mileage, with Yang Dong Geun. It's sooo good. It actually pushed me to write a scenario about him. I'm so excited for his solo debut. Yay Yonggie! :-D