III

Settle

III

Kim Dong Hyuk

 

floral-divider_10_lg.gif

 

Kim Donghyuk... sounds familiar.

Isn't he that shed guy yesterday!!! OH MY. I walked numbly to my seat, where the Kim Donghyuk staring at me.

I sat gingerly as the teacher calls everyone's attention to do their own work.

"Oh hi, sorry to intrude into your shed. So your name is Kim Hae Won... hi!" he smiles brightly at me.

"...Hi?" I say back, obviously uneasy about this situation. He chuckles abit, then turns back to his work and I just sat there dumbly.

"You know you have to get a book on your table, unless you want trouble." he says softly. I nodded and took out some random textbook out. He chuckled. "Let me see your class schedule."  I nodded again and shifted some papers and pulled one out and handed to him. "We half of them together, I'll highlight them and we can be deskmates." he smiles as he takes out his highlighter and highlights my schedule.

I stare at him,dumbfounded.

Is this what they called them, friend? The last friend was when I'm in Malaysia, and there's this girl named Jill. Well and after that, I never wanted to make any friends. At all. "Here." he pushed the paper to me, smiling brightly. I stared at my paper, now with numerous streaks of orange highlighter.

I had classes with him during history, Korean, geography, maths, biology and chemistry. I shifted my gaze on him, who is currently tackling some physics. I keep my time table into the clear file and stare blankly at my textbook, which is physics, the lucky pick. I sigh as I doodled the top corner of the page.

 

 

 

Time flew by and soon it was time for lunch. I had physics just now and Donghyuk kindly walked me there. Students shuffled out of their seats and head towards the cafeteria, which is located at the east side. I walk, following the students, not sure where they are headed to. Cafeteria's a long walk away.

I grabbed a roll, lonely, sitting on a isolated tray, which pretty much resembles me. I scanned my card and look at the rowdy cafeteria. Everybody seem to have a group of friends or a club or something. Nobody is sitting alone. Why not eat alone at some lonely place.

"Haewon!" someone yelled. I turned and some girl cupping her hands, obviously she who yelled at me. "Haewon!" again. Her friend gestured wildly to me to perhaps, join them? I walked to them, and the girls offered me smiles and one of them offered me to sit. I sat down numbly and stared at them all. 

"Hi! I'm Jaemin~nice to meet you! You were in our physics class just now." she smiles and introduces herself. "I'm Heesung! I have homeroom and chemistry with you~" she sings.

"Hi I'm Haewon." I smile at them. "Lets eat and chat shall we?" Jaemin says and opens her lunch box.

"Wahhh~you eating good food again!"Heesung says, looking at Jaemin's lunch. "UHm. Its just my maid."she says softly. Her lunch box is like so nice, she has prawns and eggs and a little vegetables, its so pretty and I'm just staring at my opened roll.

"Oh~you got the teriyaki roll~" Heesung says cheerfully. "Wow! You got that?" Jaemin says a little too... you know as if its a miracle.

"Um...yeah why?" I ask. "It's so famous,it is usually gone in seconds...except for the last roll." Heesung says, eating her noodles.

"...Why not the last roll?." I scratched my head and ask, then sink my teeth in the fluffy bread. Mmm~this is so yummy, the chicken is so tender and its so fluffy. "Because-" there was a loud bang and everyone stares at the door.

"The kingkas are here." Jaemin whispers.

"Who?" I ask.

"Jiwon, Donghyuk, Junhoe and Chanwoo" Heesung says, eating a piece of meat.

"What...?" I cannot imagine Donghyuk as a kingka. He seems so laid back.

"Yeah. Your deskmate is a kingka." Heesung says. "So...girls swoon over them or what?" I ask, eating my roll.

"They will like hate those who get the last roll of tereyaki, so... I don't know, whether you should show yourself or not." Jaemin whispers.

"Seriously?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"Haewon, I don't know because the last time a newbie boy got that roll, he got bullied." Heesung says. "And especially Donghyuk sitting next to you..." Jaemin says. "The last roll is reserved for Jiwon." Heesung says.

"Uhhhhh...why is that?" I ask.

"He is just plain weird." Jaewon says. "But girls DO swoon over them but its not exactly like they're hot." Heesung rolls her eyes, saying. 

"WHO THE HECK TOOK THE LAST ROLL?" A voice hollered. I look at the very fierce boy, shifting in my seat. "Whatever you are thinking, DON'T DO IT." Jaemin whispers. "But I did!" I whisper back. "Ohmy nope. Don't stand-"Heesung pulled me and, of course I stand up. Heesung face palmed and Jaewon sighed. 

"Newbie girl?" Jiwon guy looked at me. Donghyuk looks at me with widened eyes. 

"Um...yeah. I took the last roll." I say. Whispers burst through the cafeteria. 

"Hyung, lets just go. She's new." Donghyuk says.  Jiwon raise his eyebrows at him, shooting a creepy glare at me and left.

"Wow...that was new." Heesung whispered.

"He just let you off the hook."Jaemin shook her head.

"I sense a beginning." I sigh as I numbly sat down.

"Donghyuk covered you and that's even new." Heesung says, clearly surprised.

"He's like the one who bullies." Jaemin says, closing her lunch box.

"I hope I'm not their target." I sigh as I glared at the roll.

"Well...I don't know.And... they live quite close together, fyi... anything could be planned." Heesung says, twirling the noodles on her fork.

WHAT THE HECK WHAT... OH MY GOD NO.

This is only the real start. My painful one year senior life. And I would't wish for more.