VIII

Settle

VIII

Dramas

floral-divider_10_lg.gif

 

The day ended in a sour note, as I expected.

I sigh as I tugged on my sheets. Jori and Hanbin were quarreling in the kitchen. And it hurts to know that I know everything now.

Flashback

I came out of the washroom with Heesung and Jaemin, they both pressing tissue paper on my uniform.

"Kim Haewon?" A obnoxious voice called me.

"Huh?" I turned around.

"Who are you to Kim Donghyuk?" the girl snaps/asks.

"Deskmate." I answered.

"Stop clinging on him, makes you look like you're so needy and pitiful to get into his pants." She smirks.

"Excuse me?" I scoff, clearly offended.

"I'm telling you not to act like a ." She says louder, clear enough for the whole hallway to hear.

"What the-" I say and a hand clamped to my mouth. I looked up. Chanwoo?!

" you Kang HwaYoon, stop being such an attention seeker because you like Donghyuk." he spat.

"Chanwoo I-" Hwayoon stammers.

"Don't say my name you , she is our friend and you just called her a ." he says, looking at her in disgust.

Hwayoon pursed her lips, in a verge to cry.

"You won't get our attention like that." Junhoe cuts in. Now I saw Junhoe and Jiwon standing beside Chanwoo, anger glistening in their eyes.

"Junhoe-"

"Don't ing say our names. Who are you to say our names aloud? You shut your mouth and stop telling the world that you're dating Donghyuk!" Jiwon yelled at her.

"Guys..." I croaked, shifting my eyes at the stunned Jaemin and Heesung.

"We take it seriously when you slap those hurtful words to her. Karma's a so now its your turn." Junhoe spat.

Hwayoon glares at me and stormed away.

"Back off !" Jiwon yelled at her. That was quite a show.

"Guys she just-"

"Ugh Kim Donghyuk that ." Jiwon huffed and walked away.

"Find us if she's in trouble." Chanwoo says to Heesung and Jaemin, who just nodded.

And they left.

"Ummm...." Jaemin mutters.

"Uh...I.." I sigh.

"Lets have a talk." Heesung says.

Oh no.

 

 

"So.....you're Donghyuk's neighbour?" Jaemin whispers loudly.

"Shut up!" Heesung hit her head.

"Yes." I answer.

"That was quite a show." Jaemin says quietly.

"Yeah....I'm sorry." I lower my head.

"Why sorry?" Heesung ask, shocked.

"I pulled you guys in this." I sigh.

"Dealing with them alone is unhealthy.So let's be unhealthy together!" Jaemin chirps.

"She meant what are friends for." I looked up and saw a grinning Heesung.

"Thanks guys." I whisper.

"Group hug!" Jaemin shouts as we all hugged together.

 

 

The bell rang, indicating the freedom of students. Well...for the rest of the day.

BANG!

What. The.

Ow.

Someone slammed my locker door into my face.

I groaned in annoyance.

That face Hwayoon.

Heesung and Jaemin don't have last period with me and they're at the south building, which takes like 10 minutes to the main building, where our lockers are and where I just got slammed into my face. I shoved my books into the locker and hurried to the bathroom.

My face is uglier than before.

Oh great. What should I tell my brother about this.

I turmed and went straight home.

 

 

When I reached for the door knob, I saw two figures in the kitchen.

They look vaguely familiar.

"Hanbin and Jori?" I mummered. My hand stopped at the knob, hesitating to turn it. I'm eavesdropping but yeah.

"Why did you do that?" Hanbin screamed.

"For you." Jori says.

"So now I'm going to lose you and be alone and....." he stopped?

What's with the lose you part? Do I need to appear now and then demand what's going on? Like when those parents on TV arguing for divorce and their kids walk into them and break into pathetic family crying?

"I'm doing what's right." Jori says firmly.

"NO. SONG MINO CAN DEAL WITH THAT HIMSELF. YOU WORK FOR ME. IF I LOSE THIS JOB, ITS FINE!" Hanbin yelled.

"You clearly know that I'm the one he's asking for." Jori says.

" Leave me here because I'm such a pain and you endured too much," Hanbin says, pain cracking in his voice."I understand." he says.

"Hanbin." Jori says, her voice tight.

"I UNDERSTAND YOU DESERVE BETTER!." He yells.

"Hanbin please." Jori says and I heard sobbing.

Where should I stand now. Their relationship is broken. What does Mino have to do with this?

"I'd rather lose the job you know." Hanbin says quietly.

"You can't!" Jori screeched.

"What?"

"Haewon!" she yelled. She knows I'm here or not...."You have to support Haewon!" she yelled.

And those words hit Hanbin, I guess.

"But you don't have to go." he says in a broken tone.

"Let's just wait for some other stuff to happen and we'll see." Jori sighs.

Okay. My cue.

I wrapped my fingers around the cold metal knob and pushed the door.

"Oh...you guys are here!" I say, acting surprised.

"Hi Wonnie." Jori smiled.

"Hey kiddo." my brother smiled at me.

"Would you like something to eat? I'm feeling sausages." Jori chirped, well trying to be happy. Unusual.

"Sure!" I say and I caught a glimpse of a blue file lying on the table.

That would be my snooping object.

"Bro. So...you guys made up?" I ask, trying to sound happy.

"Huh?" Hanbin asks.

"Jori's all smiley." I say. Well, pretending not to see the hurt inside her eyes.

"Ah, uh yeah?" Hanbin says, flipping some newspaper.

"I'll go shower." I say.

 

 

"Breakfast for dinner!" Jori chirped.

"Yay~ family day~" I screamed.

"Kiddo chill." Hanbin says.

"Its been a long time." I sigh, trying not to spill whatever I heard, and spew something like "Last time" or whatever.

We had such a good time, we watched basketball, ate breakfast for dinner, watched B.A.P's stuff, me and Jori fighting for Yongguk and Daehyun, Me rooting for Lakers and my brother fake rooted for Bulls. It was so fun and -

"Time for bed missy." my brother says, throwing me onto his shoulder. I missed this.

"You're a big girl now." Jori smiled at me.

Until when, she will stop smiling like this? I know she loves my brother a lot and I have something to do, if I know the full details.

I rested my chin on the far back of my brother's muscular back.

"Kiddo you okay?" he asks, brushing my hair to the other side.

"Yeah....just wondering." I trailed.

"Hmmm?" Jori ask, lying down on my bed beside me.

"That when you guys get married would I be forgotten?" I ask, trying to act innocent.

Then I saw streaks of hurt crossing their eyes.

"You're like our daughter, how can we?" Hanbin says, lowering his head. My brother is about to cry.

"You're precious to us Haewon." Jori says, hugging me and I felt warm tears.

I snuggled up to Jori. I don't want to lose her too. I can't.

"Things will eventually get better." I whisper. Jori nodded and Hanbin my hair.

"Kiddo, let's go to sleep." Hanbin says, tears visible on his cheeks.

"Goodnight mom, goodnight dad." I smile at them.

Jori hitched a breath and "Goodnight baby." She croaked, planting a kiss on my forehead and dashed out of the room. "Nights kiddo." my brother smiled at me, kissing my cheek.

"Hanbin wait." I say, I want to tell him this.

"Hmmm?" his warm eyes boring into mine.

"I know something is going on between you two, please stay strong. I can't lose both of you." I say.

"Its okay. I can solve it. I'm charisma Hanbin." he shoots me a playful smile.

 

 

That night, I crept down the stairs, finding the blue file on the counter.

Hanbin we need your girlfriend to.... marry WHAT

Can't Mino's sister or cousin or whatever do that?!

He wants her, or we could just go bankrupt.

What should we do?

and behind are all stuff about Woo cooperation.

Woo Jiho? Who's that? And he wants to take my brother's girlfriend, my mother figure and my sister away?

Dream on.

He's using Mino's company to get Jori?

Idiot.

Woo industries is a major shareholder of Mino's company, and they invest in Mino's company. If they pull out that means its the end?

But Mino's company is doing well and I bet they're earning lots!

And it hit me.

Power.

I hate humanity.