IV

Settle

IV

That Little Thing

 

floral-divider_10_lg.gif

 

Days passed without any bad things, but winter always . Its snowing raining here. But thank god its a saturday, which means no school!

I stepped out of the house, shrugging into my thick and heavy coat. My umbrella bloomed as I pushed it open.

Well... I have to go check on my brother. He and Jori left early in the morning and came back late at night, I hope they're okay.

I walked into the snow and rain water covered streets,which is really cold. Walking down the streets alone in the afternoon is okay. 5 minutes away from home is okay. 

 

 

The warmth of the heater gushed as I opened the cafe door. Which does not look like a cafe. The closed sign is flipped and theres a paper telling everyone this crappy restaurant is undergoing renovations.

I closed the door with a light clunk and walked inside. Its better now, but theres no sign of any tables of chairs. Just newspapers spread everywhere and the smell of paint lingered the air. Red, like Jori wanted. 

I looked around but to find no one. Maybe they are at the kitchen. I push open the kitchen door and to find my brother and his girlfriend discussing something with the workers, plan books and files spread on the counter.

I stepped outside without anyone noticing. I head over to the drinks bar, which is partly demolished. The dust covered counter seemed to tell a story. I sat on the chair behind the counter, swinging my legs. Well at least the heater is warm enough for this hard winter.

  

My brother came in an hour later, to find me playing some random game on my phone.

"Hey." he greets and plops down beside me. "Hey." I smile, putting away my phone.

"Long time no see." he chuckled. "I'm sorry." he continues.

"Its okay." I smile at him.

"How is school?" he asks, flipping through his files.

"I met some awesome people." I say.

"Really?" he smiled. "What is their names?"

"Heesung and Jaemin." I sigh and streched myself.

"I got the internet working and theres wifi in the house." he informed me.

"Thanks bro. Did you eat?" I ask. Hanbin is obviously getting thinner day by day and I wonder why Jori didn't pester him to eat. "Yeah." always this stupid answer

"Obviously getting thinner." I shake my head in disapproval. "Its just stress. Nothing more." he sighs as he buries his head in his arms, relaxing himself on the counter. "My brother is aging and I'll have to warn unnie not to marry you." I teased. He shrugged. Aish these two. Work getting over their relationship. 

"What happened?" I ask.

" Turned to the wrong road." he sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. Something happened. "We'll be going off early. Let's eat together tonight." he smiles and gets up, disappearing into the kitchen. The doors burst open and workers came out, shuffling through the newspapers lying on the floor and out into the cold winter.

 

This isn't a good dinner at all. The atmosphere is tense and I am getting awkward sitting in the middle of a fighting couple and being mistaken as their child.

Jori is fake looking at the menu, constantly flipping through everything and doing it again. My brother is half looking at her and half looking outside the window, where snow layered the empty streets.

The meal came quickly (I was super thankful for that) and Jori starts piling food for me to eat. She is obviously not eating. She keeps saying "Eat more." in a monotone and it worries me.

My brother just looked at his food and quietly eating it. This dinner really and I don't know what will happen tonight. This is the first time they fight since they are in this relationship. 

  

 

Me and my brother watching basketball in the living room and we cheered for our favourite team, the Lakers.

Well yeah, we love basketball. Jori likes it too. Well not for now. She's in the kitchen, cutting up some watermelon (my favourite). She then serves it to us and munch on one herself. Her eyes glued on the screen and sofltly cheering when her favourite Jeremy Lin did a beautiful assist or great passing or scored or blocked another player.

This is getting awkward and the doorbell suddenly rang. My brother stood up immediately to get the door. He then turned to us and motioned us to come. Me and Jori got up and to find Donghyuk, his mom and his dad at our door.

"Oh hi there!" Donghyuk's mother –which I assume she is– smiled at me and Jori. "Hi nice to meet you." me and Jori bowed. "Ahhh~ no need to bow! I'm Mrs Kim from next door and you guys are new around here and please, do not hesitate to call for help." she says. Mr Kim nodded.

"And this is my husband and my son. My son goes to the same school as you, I heard." she chuckles. I nodded.

"She's my deskmate." he beams at me. Okay. This is weird. "So....is this your child?" Mr Kim asks my brother.

"She's my sister, Kim Haewon." My brother says. They nodded "And she is..." Mrs Kim looks at Jori. "My girlfriend and secetary, Woo Jori." My brother smiles. UGH.

"Oh! So you work around here?" Mr Kim asks. "Yeah. That restaurant down there? It's closed now. I'm their new manager. My company, Song cooperation bought it and I'll just revamp it and make it alive again." my brother explains.

"Bright young man we have here!" Mrs Kim exclaims. "Ahh... no." My brother scratches his nape. "Here is a welcoming gift for you guys!" Mrs Kim hands my brother a huge bag. "The other neigbours will come one by one then, we are a happy community!" Mrs Kim laughs.

"Oh sure!" my brother smiles.

"Donghyuk's friends live near here and maybe you guys can hangout together sometime!" Mrs Kim smiles at me. "They usually hangout with Donghyuk in his shed behind the house." Mr Kim adds. "Oh okay." I smiled. That is clearly uninviting and I don't want to hangout with some stupid loser who whines over a teriyaki roll. "How about you come by tomorrow! Its Sunday and Donghyuk's friends are comming over for lunch! You can make more friends!" Mrs Kim gush.

"Umm...." NO NO NO I DON'T WANT. "Sure thing! Its better Haewon make some friends." My brother answer.

WTF KIM HANBIN. 

"Oh well, we'll get going then! See you tomorrow Haewon!" Mrs Kim waves and Mr Kim nodded at us. "See you!" Donghyuk waves and the family disappears to their house. 

 

THIS IS BAD.

"Wonnie." Jori calls me. "Yes unnie?" I smile and turn around, asking sweetly.

"I don't buy that. Why were you so uneasy when Mrs Kim invites you to her house tomorrow?" She asks as we enter my room. I gestured her to sit down as I explained the whole stupid teriyaki roll incident. Her eyes widened and she laughs.

"What kind of guy whines over a stupid teriyaki roll?" she snorts.

"Well apparently Donghyuk's friend Kim Jiwon does." I roll my eyes.

"So he's in this stupid little boy gossip circle with three other boys?" she ask.

"Yeps. Which is Kim Donghyuk,Kim Jiwon, Goo Junhoe and Jung Chanwoo." I say.

"Their names sound so nice but lol this Jiwon guy." she laughs. "And I don't get those girls who swoon over them. Well, according to my friends, Heesung and Jaemin, Donghyuk bullies people and Kim Jiwon, well its obvious he does. I still don't know about Junhoe and seems like that Chanwoo guy dosen't talk much." I recall the scene.

Jiwon was yelling the hell out of me and Donghyuk is letting me off and Junhoe just looks somewhere else and Chanwoo just blankly stares at me.

"Eh, maybe you can date the Chanwoo guy if he turns out to be a good boy." She chuckles and I slapped her arm. "No. Now what's up with you and my brother?" I ask. She opens and clamped it shut.

"Unnie?" "We just hit the wrong road and yeah." she sighs.

"Kim Hanbin says that you guys took the wrong turn and now you say you guys took the wrong road." I roll my eyes.

"Well apparently we did both." She sighs again, slumping down.

"Well.... he was looking at you for the whole time." I chuckles. "Yeah. Whatever." she answers. "Well, you said you guys took the wrong turn and hit the wrong road, still filling in for each other. What a couple." I tease. She rolls her eyes.

"Is Kim Hanbin sleeping on the couch?" I ask. "He wanted but I insited he used the bed and that was awkward so I went to sleep at the couch." she sighs.

"That will hurt his pride man." I say as I hugged my kekemato. "I left my shishimato in my room, care to share?" She asks. "Sure."I say as I hand her the red bunny. We are both hardcore fans of BAP and Block B and my brother gave up on us.

"Well....don't always go to Yongguk (Shishimato) when your boyfriend makes you down. But this is your first ever fight in like ten years? or is it twelve years?"  I ask.

"Ten." she sighs. "First love may work out." I say. "I believe that." she made a face. "You're stuck here with Kim Hanbin." I poked tatsmato. "Well...sort of." She sighs. "Stop sighing its depressing." I roll my eyes. "Ah. Okay." she says and turns to face my Block B poster.

"Oh Zico looks so fine." she mumbled. 

SERIOUSLY.

"Its not our first fight." she says. "He usually makes up after five minutes." she say, poking dadamato. "He is dying to make up with you." I smirk. She nods and briefly looks at me. "I got to go. Sleep early alright?" She hugs me and kisses my forehead. "You too." As I lie down.

Relationships are like flowers. They blossom and they wilt. Take good care of it in order to keep it alive. Well.... this is what I think. I sigh and turned around. Please let me meet someone as good as my brother. And I drifted to sleep.

 


 

Hi guys~ thanks for supporting the story and also Whitesider~ thanks for upvoting!!! And those who subscribed to the story! Thank you! I hope you guys continue to support the story and please feel free to drop comments! Upvotes and Subs are welcomed~^^ As you can see, we are writing the story in a novel-like way, please be patient~ Thank you!!!

-YiLing_