Confusion

What Now?

I wrinkled my nose at my webcam, squinting and then puffing my cheeks out.

Taecyeon and I were making faces at each other via skype.

This is how mature we are.

"I miss you," he said.

"I know. i miss you more." I pouted.

"I'm coming back soon for Thanksgiving break, though!" He scanned his screen, as there was some lag, "Wanna come and stay at my house?"

I nodded, "If that' okay with your mom..."

"Of course it is. You're like her second daughter."

I smiled, "She's like a real mother."

He chuckled. "I wish I could hold you right now." The conversation suddenly grew more serious. "I want to play with your hair, and have tickle fights with you."

I looked down at my fidgeting hands. "Taec..." ....just save me from this drama. Come back and set everything straight. When you and I are together, everything is okay. Chansung doesn't confuse me, and Dongwoon isn't a problem.

but I didn't say that.

He sighed, "I know... I just wanted to let you know how I'm feeling right now."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

"This just feels so... forced... I don't like not being able to hold your hand as I talk to you..."

"Me too. There's something strange and disconnected about texting and calling..."

I nodded.

"Soon." He gave a hopeful smile.

 

Skip to the weekend.

Dongwoon, Nicole, Nichkhun, Junsu, Junho, Wooyoung, Victoria, Bekah, Nana and I were standing at the entrance of the dark forest, waiting our turn to come.

I was dressed warmly tonight... no more nagging from Dongwoon. I couldn't let him think that I was trying to make him like me and flirt with me.

As the screams echoed from throughout the woods, I whimpered latching onto Nicole's arm only to realize mere minutes later that she was already holding onto Junsu. Look at you, Junsu, stealing my roomate... She side-eyed me, trying to hint that this was her moment with him, and it didn't take much time for me to realize either.

Actually, the only other two people (besides me and Dongwoon) that weren't holding hands or linking arms were Junho and Nana.

I thought that they would make a cute couple, now that Nana had dumped her cheating dirtbag of a boyfriend, but she only considered him a friend-- I could understand.

Trying to be mindful of Dongwoon's feelings, I ran over to Junho and grabbed his arm.

"Hello, old friend," I smiled.

"It's been a while since you've talked to me, you jerk." He stuck his tongue out.

I put on a cute frown, "Forgive me? I've been busy... we should hang out."

"What if I don't want to hang out?"

"Well that's too bad, because it'll happen."

He eye-smiled. "Fine."

I looked back at Nana and Dongwoon, walking side-by-side, making absolutely no physical contact. She had always maintained a strict bro-ish relationship with boys she didn't like. I should really learn more from this girl.

As the haunted maze employee unclipped the chain, he gave us a "go ahead" nod.

"Oh, God." I frowned, "I really don't like doing these kinds of things."

"Okay, you big sissy." Dongwoon said from behind me. I looked back and shot him a glare.

"And i hate being at the end of the line too. I feel like you're all going to run off without me and I'll die."

He laughed, "I've gotcha; if they run off I'll stay with you."

"Thanks."

Before I knew it, a zombie popped out of the wall and ghostly hands were grabbing at our ankles-- my screams filled the air... literally.. you could hear nothing but my wimpy murmurs of fright.

And in the middle of the maze, I suddenly tripped over a tree root and fell on my face.

Like I had predicted, everyone ran off without me.

Great.

I was sitting on the dirt, trying to get up as quickly as possible and run after them.

Sheesh. Dongwoon, I thought you were going to stay with me if I fell.

Suddenly, I felt someone pull me to my feet.

"You alright?"

I turned around and saw Dongwoon scanning my body for any harm.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go before they get too far."

"They were going pretty fast; I'm not sure we can really catch up wi--"

Before he could finish his sentence, we heard the roaring of a chainsaw from behind us; and there it was, a hockey-masked giant with a chainsaw.

Needless to say, I screamed pretty obnoxiously, instinctively grabbing Dongwoon and hugged him.

I buried my face into his chest, not completely realizing what was happening.

He turned so that his back was facing the man, shielding me.

The man stood there for a few minutes, making his fake chainsaw purr a few more times before walking ahead of us.

Once the coast was completely clear and all was silent again, Dongwoon began laughing.

"You're ridiculous."

There were tears in my eyes.

"Ah, don't cry. Are you okay?"

I shook my head, "Why did we even come here."

He my hair, still holding me in a hug, "It's okay. It's all fake. Come on. We can't just stop here, we have to make it to the end of the maze."

"But..." I whined and stomped my feet, whining with my body.

"Come on. There's no other way out. We've already made it this far." He smiled at me charmingly.

He reached his hand out to me, taking my hands into his, putting me in front of him. His arms were wrapped around my body, ready to help me dodge anything that would jump out at us.

I was shaking, partially from being so afraid, but also from the bitter coldness of an early winter.

"You okay?" He whispered into my ear.

I nodded, "I just want to get out of here."

Suddenly, from around the corner, an authentic zombie climbed at us and clawed at our feet. I nearly stomped on his hands with an attack of fear, but Dongwoon pulled me back.

"It's okay!" He hushed, "It's just an actor."

I turned around and buried my face in his chest again.

"We're almost out of here," He my back and held me tightly.

Slowly but surely we made it out of the maze. I took a deep breath as we sprinted out of the exit.

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" He laughed, "Scaredy cat."

I stuck my tongue out. "We're never doing that again."

He pulled me in by the waist. "Let's go look for the gang, now."

Mildly uncomfortable, I tried to pry myself away from his grip: success.

We walked side-by-side; I think he understood what was going through my mind as his expression grew hard.

"Aren't you cold?"

"Not really." I said as a chill ran down my spine.

He looked at me skeptically.

"Look how many layers I put on tonight!" I pulled the neck line out, showing him how many layers were under my sweater.

"Yeah, but it's so cold."

"Whatever, I'm fine." I said as I sniffled.

"Tiffany?"

I turned around.

Chansung.

I stood there dumbfounded.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

I looked at him. I mean.. why else would I be here...?

"I miean.. that's a dumb question, but wow. I did not expect to run into you guys here."

"Yeah, a bunch of us are here together... we're just looking for them now," Dongwoon jumped in.

I stared at Chansung's perfect features. The way his top lip hung slightly over his bottom lip; his deep set eyes. And he stared back. We looked at each other as if we hadn't seen each other in centuries-- it's only been a week.

"Are you here with anyone?" Dongwoon asked, not quite realizing the .

"Yeah, a couple of college friends. Kids I live with," he said, still staring at me.

"Ah, where are they?"

"Over there, getting some food." He nodded his head back at the line to the food tent.

Finally Dongwoon understood.

"Well, we'll get going; we probably have to go back to campus soon, so we'd better find the other guys."

Actually, we still had another 45 minutes until we actually had to get in a cab to leave... It'd probably take 10 minutes max to find them.

"We have time," I said as I looked down at my watch.

"Wanna grab something to eat with me?" Chansung asked, still mesmerized with his half-awake stare.

I smiled, "Of course. You know me, i would never pass off an opportunity with food."

Just as I was walking towards Chansung, though, Dongwoon grabbed my wrist.

"This isn't a good idea," he whispered.

"I'm just going to go eat with him," I whispered back.

He let go.

"Promise me that's all you'll do."

I nodded, "I'm still with Taecyeon. Of course I won't do more than just that.

But I already have done something else.

Chansung knew what was happening in our conversation; we were completely transparent, but for some reason, it didn't matter at all.

He took my hand as we walked towards the food stall.

"My friends are getting me food too; let's just sit first," he said, leading me to a picnic table.

I nodded and followed.

"Your hands are cold," he said in a soft voice.

This was getting so old, I didn't even know what to do anymore, but I still liked the fact that he was coming up with excuses to touch me.

He rubbed them between his hands, huffing at them to warm them up.

"How have you been this past week?" I asked.

"You know, the usual."

I looked down at our hands.

"Are we okay?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah; we're okay."

"You're staying at Taecyeon's house for Thanksgiving, right?" 

I nodded again. "Yeah, how did you know?"

"He invited me to stay at his house too."

"So are you going to?" I tilted my head to the side.

He shrugged, "Not sure yet. You know.. I don't know if it'd be right to live at his house after what we did."

We sat silently utnil I piped up, "I thought we were supposed to forget."

He looked aside and withdrew his hands from mine.

"I can't either," I said as I reached to grab his hands again.

"Look; the only reason why you did what you did was because you missed him and you just wanted someone to be with you. Trust me."

"Chansung--" I breathed in deeply. Maybe he was right, but something in me wanted to change his mind, "You're always telling me what I'm thinking and explaining why I act in certain ways, but if you don't mind, I'm the only person who actually knows what's happening up here." I tapped my head.

"So then what; what do you want to do now?"

"I don't know."

Would it be better if I just dumped Taec for Chansung? That's not right... Taec and I have already promised a great deal to each other.

He smirked and looked away at the blinking lights that decorated the tent.

"We can't go on like this for the rest of our lives," he said.

"I know..." I trailed off.

A puff of water vapor formed in the air as I sighed.

The distance between Taecyeon and I had, despite his promises, pulled us apart. I missed him, but here I was with this perfect, caring human being. What was I supposed to do?

We needed figure something out... No; I needed to figure something out. This was entirely out of Chansung's and Taecyeon's hands. Either way I was going to have to choose and hurt someone.

Here we are, back again where we started. What is fair and what is not; what exactly gave me the right to choose between them? Why me?

When his friends returned with a tray of food enough to feed three families, it was time for me to leave.

He hugged me goodbye.

I was reluctant to let go of him, even though I knew there was more of him to come in the future.

 

Everyone in the taxi van had passed out on the ride back to school except for Dongwoon and I.

I was watching the dizzy lights outside sweep by, noticing the gleam of the 

"I'm not letting you talk to him anymore," he said suddenly.

"Wha--" I glared, "Why?" I didn't really need to ask why, though. I knew it was because he was jealous; of course he wouldn't just straight out say that it was because he was jealous... he'd have to make some cover up like 'you're hurting yourself by hurting Taecyeon'.

"Have you forgotten about your boyfriend?"

"No; actually, I haven't. It'd be nice if you could just give me room to breathe, thanks. It's not your relationship with either of them, it's mine."

"And that's where the problem is."

"What?" I said, squinting at him. 

"If I were you i'd just dump both of them."

"Well it's not your life. It's mine."

He looked pained but angry.

Without another word, I turned to look out the window again.

I was right, though. it is my life. There was nothing anyone else could do. At this point, I had to make a decision. No more crying and being distraught as I had been through the past. Now was the time to make a decision instead of standing with one foot on shore and another on a boat.

Decision time is now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

wow I'm so dumb. I thought I had saved the whole story... but apparently not.

soooo yeah. I hope you like the story thus far.

what do you think will happen in the future? Who do you think she'll choose? who do you WANT her to choose?

:DDDD

SHOWER ME WITH YOUR LOVE, READERS.

kekeke,
yellowbee