The Date

I knew I loved you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 - The Date

Minho was nervous as he drove to Key’s house to pick Taemin up. He didn't know if he should feel scared for the other or for himself. He was still unsure what Key was doing to Taemin but after a while of pondering, he realised he could've taken him for a makeover. Well, either way he was scared and nervous all the same.

Driving through the familiar street, his breath became faster and his heart beat like crazy as he neared the other's house.

As he pulled over Minho called Key with a thumping heart. He was shaking waiting for the call to go through.

"Hey, Minho, you here for my baby?"

"…" It took him a while to process and reply, "yeah."

"He's on his way, and don't you dare to do something to him, understand?"

"Don't worry, MOM." He laughed at Key as the other angrily retaliated.

"You dare to laugh, you bastard? I mean it, I will castrate you if Taemin comes to me crying, you !"

"Yes, yes, I won't." He hung up and found himself to be calmed by the conversation. He let out a sigh to prepare himself for the beauty he was surely to see in any moment now.

"Uhm..." Minho heard behind him and turned around only to be left speechless and gaping.

Before him stood Taemin, his hair were slightly messy but neat at the same time, he also noticed the other had a little make-up on which only enhanced his already beautiful face. Then his eyes fell on his outfit, it was simple one, blue faded skinny jeans with plain white t-shirt. Despite it being a simple one, the other was stunning making Minho be in a trance.

"You forgot the hoodie!" Key's yell finally woke him up. He quickly composed himself with a little shake of head as Key tended to the other.

"You have your phone, right?" To which Taemin nodded after making sure he had it in his pocket. Key nodded slowly as he made sure the other didn't forget anything else.

"Seems like it's all." Minho was waiting for the other to finally finish hugging Taemin so they can go on their date.

"Now go, Minho's waiting." He smiled at his baby before he turned around and walked to his house.

Minho opened the car door for Taemin whose one foot went in before Key called after them one last time making the other stop getting in and turn around.

"Have fun!" Taemin nodded and smiled as he waved back. Minho also waved back.

Taemin finally sat inside with little blush on his cheeks and Minho closed the door. He then went around to the other side and turned the engine on and drove off.

The car ride was silent and a little awkward. Taemin was stealing glances on the other as he focused on driving, while Minho was too nervous and excited, only looking at Taemin from the corner of his eyes. The theme park wasn't that far away thankfully and they arrived to the parking lot in about half an hour.

As Minho found a free space, he quickly parked the car and in mere seconds was at the other's side to open the car door for him. Taemin was blushing heavily at the other's gentlemanly gesture and quietly thanked him. Minho made sure the car is properly locked despite his own excitement and embarrassment.

"Let's go?" Minho turned to Taemin as the other nodded with eyes shining brightly and expectantly with a big smile adorning his face.

They made their way to the entrance and Taemin saw a new world upon entering. Never in his life has he seen such interesting sight. There were many weird rides and attractions he only knew from stories of his classmates. There were also people dressed in interesting costumes or having weird animal accessories on them. He also noticed a few booths giving away presents for scoring certain things. His eyes were busy taking all this new things in. He wanted to try everything in this place, from the weird accessory things to the most exciting attractions.

Minho couldn't help but smile fondly at the other's childlike innocence as he scanned every single thing he could see from the entrance. Minho wanted to take him on all the attractions, though he was worried the other would be scared to go on the wildest ones. It was a good thing his friends gave him the all-day free pass (AN: or whatever it’s called) so he didn't have to worry about not having enough money to buy everything the other would want.

“What should we start with?” Minho asked the shorter, his eyes sparkling when he looked at Minho. It got the taller weak in his knees to see such sweet smile of his coupled with his innocent child-like gaze.

“What about that?” The younger pointed to a carousel. Minho smiled and gave a simple nod before taking his hand in his and going in the direction the shorter pointed to. Taemin was too excited to realize they were holding hands, while Minho was sweating from nervousness.

The line was thankfully quite small as it was not that busy that day. Minho was honestly glad for that as he could have more time to visit the other attractions instead of wasting time waiting. There were only kids, and while it made Minho a little self-conscious, Taemin was too hyped to even care. After a few minutes of waiting, it was finally their turn, Taemin decided to sit on the horse as Minho silently followed behind, settling on the one next to the younger. The ride was short and tame but Taemin’s excitement didn’t die, of only it made it bigger.

“That was sooo cool~” Taemin started the moment they stepped from the carousel, “I can’t believe I’ve never ridden it before…” A hint of sadness evident in his voice. Minho took his hand and gave him a gentle squeeze.

“You can ride it whenever you want now. I’ll take you.” Taemin shyly looked at their interlocked hands and blushed at the taller’s words.

“Yeah.” The younger whispered timidly.

“Yeah,” Minho repeated, “anyway, what’s next?”

Taemin immediately became brighter at the other’s words, he carefully looked around the surroundings, taking every attraction into consideration before he finally decided.

“That one looks good!” He exclaimed. Minho looked in the direction he was pointing only to be left dumbfounded. It was one of the most extreme ones. He looked at the other sceptically.

“Are you sure?” As the younger fervently nodded, he added concerned, “It’s quite scary, you know? Jong and Key never go on it after one time.”

“Really?” Taemin asked and Minho thought he would rethink it, only to hear him say, “That’s bound to be cool then!” And dragged Minho without giving him any other say. Well, it wasn’t like Minho was scared of the ride. Not at all, he, himself, quite liked it but didn’t have lot of chances to go on it because of his scaredy-cat friends. That wasn’t it, it was just that he was worried for the younger as this was his first visit to the theme park and he didn’t want to leave him with bad memories.

When his thought wandered off into his concerns and worries about the shorter, Taemin had already dragged him in the line and in the next batch to go on the ride. Minho gave up on trying to talk him out of it and if he was scared, they would just go on the mild ones from then on.

As the batch before them finally got out, they s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter