Chapter Two

Second Chances

Jaejoong headed downstairs where Jaehee is waiting. "Appa, I'll be here for 7 days"the young girl said proudly "aigoo, where do you want to go? should appa skip work?"Jaejoong winked "as if"his younger sister murmured which was followed by a glare from there mother. "I'll be dealing with few cases, for the next few months I should have some free time."Jaejoong said as he took a sip of his water. "Jaehee ah should we go now?"Jinah offered. "Okay auntie"the young girl said with a smile as she pick up her book bag. "We'll go ahead"Jinah said and Jaejoong knod. 

"I'll be late for office too"Jaejoong said as he wipe his mouth "be home early, it's your child's first night here."his mother said "I'll try"Jaejoong said and his mother sighed. Jaejoong was browsing through some documents when his secretary enter the room. "Prosecutor, Congressman Park just admitted the money bargaining"she said "I'll issue the warrant, tell the staff to look on this case for now."Jaejoong said it. Jaejoong glared at the wall clock and sighed. It's already 7pm, and he need to prepare for tomorrow's trial. He decided to make a call home. "I can't be home tonight, I'm sorry"he said to his mom. "Don't worry, I'll take care of Jaehee"his mother said. She sound disappointed, then she cut him off to say goodbye. 

Jaejoong played around his swivel chair until his secretary interrupted him once again. "Prosecutor, I know we have a trial tomorrow but my husband called and my son was rushed to the ER"she said. "Go ahead"Jaejoong said "I'm sorry"she said "Don't worry about it"he replied back. Jaejoong ended up working until morning. He yawned, which he followed with a force smile. "Okay back to work"he thought to himself. The trial ended up at 4pm. "I'm going home"Jaejoong said rushing outside. The staff look at each other and chuckled. 

"I'm home"Jaejoong yelled. "Kim Jaejoong. I don't know if your really home early, or you just came home after working for 24 hours."Yoon Jin said looking disappointed. "You were once married, I'm sure you know his working schedule"Jinah teased. "I know, I shouldn't be surprise at this point."Yoon Jin said as she put the food she prepared on the table. "What about you, I thought you'll be working straight at the hospital"Jaejoong protested "Well, our daughter called me"Yoon Jin said "Jaehee"Jaejoong called "Well, she told me to call her everyday"Jaehee replied "Okay, you two won"Jaejoong said now sounding extra tired. 

"Take a seat, I'm cooking soup"Jin offered "Thank you"Jaejoong said "Get a good sleep after, I'll take care of Jaehee"Jin said "I'll be here for few hours, but I have to go back I have to finish my work at the hospital today"Jaehee said. "You know, you two really match"Jinah interrupted "both like to work really hard, it's disgusting"she added. The two of them glared at Jinah. "that's why we don't get along, we are way too similar"Yoon Jin said. Jaejoong started eating without saying another word. "Thanks for the meal"Jaejoong said without paying attention to her younger sister. 

"Oppa, can I get allowance?"Jaehee said. Jaejoong, without complaining pulled out his wallet. "here, now get out"Jaejoong said. "don't slack off, I need your transcript by the end of the semester"he said. Yoon Jin rolled her eyes in disbelief. "seriously, don't be too strict on her"she said. "well, she have been in college for five years"Jaejoong sighed as he took another scoop of rice. "I have to get some sleep"Jaejoong said excusing himself. "Go ahead, I'll help Jaehee with her homework"Yoon Jin said heading towards Jinhee's room. 

"Appa went to bed?"Jinhee asked "He did"Yoon Jin said forcing a smile. "Hey, do you want anything for your birthday?"Yoon Jin said changing the topic. "I do"Jinhee said proudly. "What is it? so I can start saving up"Yoon Jin said. "Don't worry about saving up. You won't need any money mommy"Jinhee said then she hug her.