Chapter One

Second Chances

Jaehee was busy looking around the restaurant while Jaejoong and Yoon Jin are behind her. "I'm working on the Enlistment controversy..."he started Yoon Jin had to signal one of the waitress to get her daughter. "Unnie will give you some coloring books"she said with a slight smile and the waitress knew what she meant. "...I need you two to be careful, try to go home early and avoid late night shifts"Jaejoong added. "I can't promise..."Yoon Jin said as she look away. Jaejoong slammed his hand on the table "it's about your safety..."Jaejoong said with a serious tone of voice. 

"Even now, when we're not together anymore....you still try to control everything."Yoon Jin sighed as he took a sip of her water. "Drop her at mother's house if your having a hard time."Jaejoong said. "I might have to do it anyways... I need to be at the hospital for two days straight."Yoon Jin said "We just talk about this...."Jaejoong sighed. "Omma...are you two fighting?"Jaehee interrupted with a teary eyes "No we're not"Jaejoong hurriedly reply back. "Have you pick on what you want yet?"Jaejoong said changing the topic. 

It was a quiet dinner, Yoon Jin didn't want to push it as she carefully assist Jaehee while eating. "Appa, I'll see you again....when?"Jaehee pouted Yoon Jin stare at Jaejoong "We'll be together for two days...next week"Jaejoong said with a smile Jaehee look at Yoon Jin for confirmation "I have to be at the hospital for few days..."Yoon Jin said. 

"It's okay omma"Jaehee said with assurance. Jaejoong heads home afterwards "Oppa"his younger sister Jinah called "Mom asleep?..."he asked "She was waiting for you...but she gave up"Jinah laughed "I'm sorry, I have to drop by...."he said "Yoon Jin called, I know"Jinah replied back Jaejoong just knod and heads upstairs. He was a workaholic and maybe that's the reason why things didn't go well for both of them, after freshening up he went back to work once again. 

"Will you be fine...at appa's place?"Yoon Jin started as she carefully her daughter's hair. "I'll be fine omma, everyone takes care of me well over there"Jaehee said proudly "aigoo..."Yoon Jin said she was hesitating but she ended up asking it anyways "do you see appa when you stay there?"Yoon Jin asked. The young girl didn't know how to respond properly "he goes home late...and when I wake up sometimes I see him and sometimes I don't"Jaehee replied back "uh I see"Yoon Jin said trying to lighten up the mood. 

It was one of those routines, since Jaehee is on break she might have to drop her at least few days early at her grandmother's house. "I forgot...your starting break today"Yoon Jin said with a rushing tone in her voice the young girl hurriedly pack her things.

"Omma, I'm sorry."the young girl pouted "It's okay, you should have woken up a little bit early though"Yoon Jin pouted but that changed into a smile. 

Both of them are greeted with warm smiles as the helper open the door for them "I'm sorry I haven't visited..mom"Yoon Jin said "aigoo...your so thin now"the older woman said Yoon Jin had that slight smile on her face "Unnie, have you eaten yet?"Jinah asked "I'm okay"she said as she politely decline her offer "Jaejoong?..."she asked "upstairs probably getting ready"Jinah said "I'll just say my greetings"Yoon Jin said as she heads upstairs. 

"I really wish...that they get back together"Jinah sighed "Me too"Jaehee sighed "Jaejoong need to change his job"his mother said as they continue on eating there breakfast. "Omma....do you know where?"Jaejoong was cut off when Yoon Jin enter the room...his shirt isn't fully button and his hair is still soaking wet from shower. "Here"Yoon Jin said handing him a towel. "Everything is okay right?"Jaejoong asked "Yeah, Jaehee will be staying here for a while."Yoon Jin said "I hope you can give her more time..."she added as she close the door. 

Jaejoong stare at the picture of him and his daughter.