NOT FORGETTING

NOT FORGETTING

(Dongho) Dongsoon’s POV

 

‘It’s gonna be a great day.’ I thought as I woke up in the morning. It’s a special day after all if you would ask. Four years ago, the same date, 11/13, happened one of the most unforgettable days of my life. It gave my life a total change. As I smiled gratefully, I thought of my childhood and all that happened few years back.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

I and Soohyun oppa were childhood best friends. Our families know each other since we weren’t yet born. Our mothers are best of friends too. That led us being really close to each other I guess.

 

I am an only child just like Soohyun oppa. So when mom introduced oppa to me, I was so happy. We did get along and getting along so well. I treat him like a real bother and he treats me like his younger sister.

 

He is my knight in shining armor. One call and he’ll be there. He is just so protective of me that people mistaken him for being my boyfriend; not until the later time.

 

We attended same schools since Elementary even if he is 3 years ahead of me. When he graduated Elementary, he asked me to go to the same school as him when I graduate, which I did and my parents agreed to. He said, so that he would be able to protect his dongsaeng.

 

We grew together as our feelings towards each other grew together as well.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was November 13, 2008 when it happened. We were in high school. I’m a high school freshman and oppa is a senior; a graduating student. I am only 15 years old that time and he is 18.

 

We have tight schedules when we were in college. My schedules don’t meet Soohyun oppa’s so we weren’t able to spend time with each other that much; unless it’s weekends. But a few times would; just like that day.

 

Break time. I was happily eating with my friends at the cafeteria of our school when Soohyun oppa passed by us. He beamed a smile as he walked towards our table; which I did the same to him. Then he stopped and puts down a cup of hot chocolate on the part of the table in front of me. At first, I thought he was just concerned of me because the weather is cold and I might get sick. He often does that for he knows that my resistance isn’t that good. But when I looked at the cup, a note was attached to it. It says, ‘Will you be my girlfriend?’ My friends noticed it too and they squealed like fan girls. Those who are seated beside me nudged me a little by the elbow. I looked at oppa after that and he was just smiling that bright smile of his.

 

My friends asked me as to what am I gonna do and I just told them I’ll do what my heart asked me to do. It’s cheesy, right?

 

So, I walked up to the cashier and asked the cafeteria lady for a cup of coffee. Oppa prefers coffee than hot chocolate by the way. Then I walked back to where my friends are, fished out a sticky note on my bag and wrote my answer.

 

I went to where Soohyun oppa and his friends are and put the coffee in front of him. He looked up to me then looked at the coffee. He noticed the note that I wrote and his eyes widened at the sight of what was written on it.

 

He turned to me as he stood up from his seat.

 

“Really?” was his first word. He was smiling widely the whole time.

 

I nodded my head; the next thing I knew was he was hugging me. Not a simple hug but a hug that would melt you right at that very moment.

 

“Oppa, everyone’s looking at us.” I whispered to him with a shy smile as I looked at the people staring. He let go of me and mouthed a sorry.

 

Our relationship wasn’t that easy. Soohyun oppa was one of the most popular guys in the school. He was a member of a lot of different organizations and clubs like the Theatre Club and the soccer team while I am just starting off my life in college.

 

Some people accepted our relationship easily while the others didn’t. They said they don’t know why of all girls, oppa likes me.

 

One time I accidentally heard a group of girls talking about me. I heard that I don’t deserve to be oppa’s girlfriend and so. They said that I’m too young and acts childish.

 

But I proved them wrong. I made sure to be on top of my class and be active on different organizations and teams just like oppa. I changed myself a little not to be called childish for someone like oppa. I proved them that oppa didn’t make a wrong decision.

 

That’s how our relationship is.

 

Oh, and yeah. On our first Anniversary as a couple, he surprised me. He put a lot of effort just to surprise me. He always does.

 

He told me that we will be having a simple dinner on some restaurant as a celebration but then he drew me not in a restaurant, but in front of the Namsan Tower. He practically sets the surprise on Namsan Tower. There were lights that says ‘Happy First Anniversary Dongsoon~ah. I love you so much.’ It went for like 10 minutes or so. And that’s where we had our first kiss.

 

He placed his lips in mine while the surprise is on going. I got shock and closed my eyes in return but found myself giving in into the kiss and retuning it as I laced my arms in the back of his neck.

 

The celebration went on as we ate in our favorite restaurant. He booked the whole restaurant just for us to have some time alone.

 

The following Anniversaries were never different. Though those didn’t come as a surprise; but he surely made it unforgettable; always unforgettable.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

I got back on my trance when I heard mom knocking on the door.

 

“Dongsoon~ah, breakfast is ready. You don’t want it cold, do you?” She said after knocking.

 

“Coming. Just a minute mom. I’ll be there.” I said then I get out of bed and fixed myself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

As I walked in the dining room, mom and dad greeted me.

 

“Happy Anniversary to you and Soohyun.” Mom stated as she puts the food in the table.

 

“Happy Anniversary to you both my dear.” Dad greeted.

 

“Thanks mom, dad.” I responded with a smile.

 

Yes. We are like that. We are always open to our families about our relationship. It may be awkward to others, but to us, it isn’t. Really.

 

“So, what are your plans?”

 

“None yet mom.” I said as I started to chomp some food in my mouth; making sure in a decent way.

 

“Oppa, haven’t told me yet.” I added.

 

“Oh, I see.”

 

“Just let us know if he already did so that we wouldn’t worry, okay?”

 

“Yes mom.” Then we continued eating.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was halfway in the afternoon and yet, I haven’t heard from Soohyun oppa. It had been a long day but no signs from him. No call or even a message.

 

I started to feel a little uneasy and worried at the same time. He might have forgotten it, or something happened to him. I don’t even know.

 

‘You better not forgotten it oppa.’ I told to myself as I fell asleep on my bed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

yay!! I haven't been updating my stories for about two weeks now., but I have come back with a new one., I hope you like it., will update my stories for the following days., comments and subscribers are loved., ^-^ thank you.,