The Greenhouse

She Didn't Want To Be Alone

Min Yi P.O.V

 

The next morning, as usually, I woke up at six a.m. and got up from my bed. My eyes were still puffed from sleeping as I was looking around my small room: light grey walls, white floor with a big black and white stripped carpet. My simple bed stood by a window. A big closet stood in front of the bed. I didn’t have a lot of clothes, so the closet was half-empty. My table was messy, there were lots of notebooks and books scattered on it. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a computer. My aunt thought it was bad for me, the only thing I should do in my room is study and sleep.

I turned around and looked out of the window. For my happiness, my room’s window wasn’t turned to the road, it was turned to a beautiful park. The park was covered with an early fog and it looked mysterious and breathtaking.

I sighed and went to my closet. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants, a tank top and a sweater. I went to the bathroom, which was opposite to my room. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and dressed up.  As soon as I climbed down the stairs, I saw my aunt asleep in a bedroom, which used to be my parents’. I bit my lip out of frustration. She has a beautiful room, that cost a lot of money, yet she still sleeps there? I really thought I’ll start shouting at her, but I just kept it in.

 At this hour nobody was outside. I left my house and started to walk down the street. After few minutes I reached my destination – Mrs. Kim's house.

I was eleven years old when I came here for the first time. After my parents passed away, my relatives kept on trying to put me in an orphanage. What great relatives do I have right? They tried everything. They tried to prove that I’m insane, only because I didn’t talk much. They drove me to the orphanage and tried to leave me. At the end they didn’t really dare to actually do something as horrible as that. So I started living with my aunt. Then one day she got really drunk and she threatened to kill me, but it was just her drunk-talk. But I couldn’t stand it and ran away.  I ran about a kilometer when I felt few raindrops on my shoulders.

‘Awesome. And now it’s starting to rain. What a great day.’ I looked around for a shelter, but there weren’t anything, just trees and bushes. I saw a Victorian style house at the end of the street. I ran towards the house and then I heard a loud thunder. I shuddered and started to run even faster. It started to rain harder. I stopped in front of the house. It was a big, beautiful, white house. I never noticed it, even though it was only few kilometers away from mine. Slowly, I walked into the porch and started rubbing my hands together. I didn’t want to go into the house and ask people if I could stay there, that would have been too uncomfortable. But I needed a shelter right away. Luckily there was a greenhouse right next to the house. So I thought I’ll just step in for a while and when the rain has settled down, I’ll head home.

As soon as I came in I was shocked. The greenhouse was full of dead roses. It seemed like nobody has been here for a long time. I really loved roses, so my heart was just shattered in pieces when I saw all of these wonderful plants dead. My first thought was to just plant new ones and take care of them in secret. But then I thought it all over, and I didn’t think that the people living in that house would be too happy. I always wished I could have my own little flower in a pot to keep at home. And now I have a chance to have an entire greenhouse. I mean it was abandoned, not needed, so why not use it for good?

I came back home and I could see it in the corner of my eye, that my aunt had really sad expression on her face, like she was apologizing. But I didn’t stop I just walked up to my room and grabbed the money I was saving to run away, from this house. To go somewhere else. Silly me.

I went to the nearest store, they always seemed to have roses and other plants seeds. I bought few bags and headed to the greenhouse. As soon as I came in I saw an old woman looking at the dead plants. She looked sorrowful, her expression was serious, yet painful. She slowly turned to me and asked if I was the kid she saw on the porch yesterday. I looked at the ground and nodded slightly. She looked at my hand and saw little bags with roses’ seeds and smiled. “You know it used to be a really wonderful greenhouse before. I used to spend hours upon hours only admiring it’s beauty, but now it’s all gone. I wish I could make it as beautiful as it was before. Would you like to make that happen with me?” she asked with really soothing voice. Her smile was pure and she looked at me with such care and love. I jumped out of happiness and ran to hug the woman.

 “Oh you’re here. You took more time, than usual to get here.” Mrs. Kim smiled and hugged me. The garden has really changed from my first visit here. All the flowers were blooming, not only roses, camellias and tulips also. The flowers were pink and red colours and it made the greenhouse look really warm and wonderful.

I watered the flowers and sat down to drink some tea with Mrs. Kim. We sat there quietly until she put down her cup and started staring at me. After some time she spoke. “I probably haven’t told you about my grandson, have I?” she asked me. I looked at her in confusion and answered “No. Why?” I asked with a really confused expression on my face. “Oh, because he’s coming to live with me soon. He’ll also attend your school.” She stopped talking and smiled again. “He has a friend here, but you’re a good girl Min Yi, do you mind befriending him? Please I beg of you. It would be really nice for me if you two would get along. After all you do visit me a lot, so you will meet him too.”

I just kept a straight face and kept silent for a second or two. ‘She must be joking…  Right?’ I thought to myself. “What’s wrong Min Yi?” she asked with a worried expression on her face “Are you feeling sick?”

“No!” I shook my hands in front of my face to show disagreement. “It’s just that I’m not too friendly.” I turned my head down.

“That’s even better! You two will get along just fine!” she almost shouted. Mrs. Kim sure sounded happy. I felt as confused and embarrassed as ever.

“Well, Mrs. Kim, it was really nice to sit here and work with you, but I’ll have school now. I’ll come over tomorrow!” I shot up from the seat and quickly walked to my home.

 

“This will be interesting. Good luck Son Min Yi.”

 

 

Sorry for the long wait but I finally managed to actually write it! YAY! ^^ It might not be too intersting. Sorry for Hanbin not being in here and Bobby still hasn't showed up too huh.. Well wait for the next chapters. I swear I'll make the next one, but for now.. Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed! See you soon. PEACE!