Not so first meeting (pt. 2)

Weekly Kyungsoo- Nuna

So little note. The first chapter was typed in first person but I find it hard to keep writing in the p.o.v so i'm switching it to 3rd person p.o.v

                                                                           

After several long hours Lunchtime finally came around. Rising from his seat grabbing his bag Chanyeol made his way out the class. Headed torwards the music room on the third floor he  figured he could clear his mind of this mornings incident. He didn't plan for his day to get off on such a rough start. Then again no one ever does. In fact he was a rather cheerful person, his mood so far though has made him feel alien in even his own body. He coun't find it in himself to shake the ebaressment he felt after Chen pointed out the girl he once claimed as 'cute' this morning had actually made a fool of him. When he arrived to the empty practice room he went right over to the acoustic guitar pulling up a seat. He set down his bag and adjusted himself in a chair before he reached for the instrument itself settling it in his lap before giving it a few strums. Chanyeol tuned the instrument to his liking, feeling comfortable with the sound, he set to playing a couple easy songs. Ones with a bit more of a pep in them in hopes to lighten himself up. It worked to some degree but he wasn't getting lost in the music like usual. Instead he layed the guitar flat in his lap giving up and reached down for his bag. He dug through it and pulled out a magazine.

Chanyeol isn't big on reading unless it's music or manga that have peeked his interest. Currently he has been reading a story he  discovered in a magazine. The magazine consists of weekly updated manga strips by various artists. Chanyeol has been captured by a specific story about a socially awkward teen around the same age as himself who has psychic powers and only strives to fit in the basic normalities of student life. Truthfully Chanyeol can't help but cheer the character on in his journey to feel acceptance, so every week he heads to the bookstore a mile from the school to pick up the latest issue. And today is the day the store will switch out last weeks issue of for the latest one and Chanyeol will finally get to read more by his newly claimed favorite artist. The thought of finally getting to read the update does in fact brighten his mood, enough to almost take his mind off this morning incident.

Chanyeol is half way through rereading last weeks release when Chen comes in through the door pulling up a chair settling himself next to Chanyeol.

"Again with the magazines I see" Chen leans in to Chanyeol glancing a peak at what it is he is reading.

"Come on Chen, it isn't just a magazine." Chanyeol whines lifting his head from the read looking to his friend.

"Oh im sorry what did you call them again 'collections of artistic expression'" Chen raises his hands using air quote, " whats this one about this time?"

"Ha, you we ere almost actually funny for once. It's the same one I have been reading for awhile now by the way." Chanyeol resumes reading as Chen makes an 'oh' shape with his mouth as he leans in once more the eead along. They stay like that until Chanyeol is finished. When he's done Chen gets up to look around the room finding new music sheets and picking out the ones he finds interesting while Chanyeol once again tries to get in the groove of playing the guitar.

"Hey Chen what are you doing afterschool?" Chanyeol stops playing, looking up torwards his friend across the room.

"Nothing really, Choir is cancled because the hyungs have to go to a club meeting. Why?" Chen is member of the school's Choir club and is surprisingly really good. Occasionally Chen would be given the more lines than most 1st years at the the time or relied on for his ability to hit notes unheard of. Being a 2nd year now allows for more show time but next year he will most likely get the  recognition for his talent he deserves. Chen is one to really show off though. He knows he is talented and as long as he is given the opportunity to sing he was happy.

"Well the new release of the manga i'm reading gets put on display today. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind accompanying your best friend to purchase said release?" Chanyeol gave his signature aegyo look which consisted of two peace signs on the side of his face as he filled his cheeks with air in hopes to further persuade his friend.

"Yeah i'll go if it means you'll stop making that ugly face." Chanyeol truely appauled by his friends statement pouts in his seat once again adjusting the guitar to play a tune which displayed his hurt. "Please stop I said I would go with you didn't i?"

"But do you really think i'm ugly?" Chanyeol seized playing as he batted his eyes torwards Chen.

"Honestly?" Chen responds letting out a deep sigh looking to his friend.

"Yes." Chanyeol sits up suddenly serious. After a long pause Chen releases another sigh, this one deeper than the first.

"No."

Then Chen is rushing to grab his bag he left on the ground before booking it out of the music room and down the hall. Chanyeol carefully yet quickly sets down the guitar in it's original place before repeating the same process only chasing after Chen.

................................

The bell for the end of the day sounds and Chanyeol rises from his seat in the back. Raising his arms stretching upwards he lets out a long awaited groan. Chen makes his way over asking if Chanyeol is ready. Chanyeol is stuffing his bag with his daily materials when he realizes his magazine ins't in his bag along with all the other junk he keeps in there. He ducks down checking his desk to see if he may have put it their instead but it isn't there either.

"I may have left my magazine in the music room." Chanyeol proclaims looking over at the other. Chen only shakes his head.

"No big deal just go get it, i'll wait."

"Really?!" Chanyeol beams at the fact Chen is willing to wait for him. He's like an excited puppy.

"Yeah. Meet you at the front gate? I might grab a drink on my way down." Chen adjust his bag slung over his shoulder and makes his way out the classroom. Chanyeol finishs packing away whatever else he needs and shoves whatever he took out of his desk while looking for his magazine back inside. He makes his way back torwards the music room in hopes the book is still where he left it. Making his way torwards the music room he reaches the door and when he goes to pull the door open he discovers it is locked.

"Shoot" He now remembers Chen mentioning something about club meeting after school. Of course it's locked. Chanyeol looks around to see if a teacher is near but none are in sight. He breathes out a hefty sigh, he takes out his phone and looks at the time, he hopes this doesn't take more than a couple minutes. He adjusts his bag on his back and makes his way to the teachers office.

He is able to get a key for the room from a teacher and joyfully makes his way back to the music room. He knows by now Chen is probably wondering whats taking so long so he decides to pick up his pace. Only when he turns the corner he see the silouette of someone where the room is, a girl's sillouete that is now that he gets a better look. He moves closer and who he finds hashiim backing up a bit. The girl from this morning is who seems to be waiting by the door, he could recognize those larger than life eyes anywhere. Chanyeol figures maybe if he just casually continues past her and proceeds to go about his business she will leave. So he attempts said plan.

The plan fails horrible though because of course seeing someone head into the place you are obviously headed when you may have a question will not make you leave, instead she confronts him.

"Excuse me?" Her voice sends a shiver down Chanyeol's spine, he isn't sure what to do. He kind of pushes himself more into the door in hopes it will absorb his being.

"Excuse me?" There it is again, she's speaking to him, he has to say something or she will never leave. Then again maybe ignoring her completely will show her he is obviously in to much of a hurry to answer any questions at all. Chanyeol finally gets through unlocking the door  and he rushes himeslf in, going straight to look for the magazine, he finds it right away. Moving to turn around and leave he is taken back when the girl he thought he left in the hallway is suddenly right infront of him. Chanyeol racks his brain for something to say.

"Nobody is here." Chanyeol relays.

"You're here." She poimts out. Chanyeol beats himself up mentally over that one.

" Um, but i'm not a leader of the club. I can't do anything for you, the seniors are at a club meeting, I just forgot something. We should get out so I can lock up and return the key." She nods her head in response seeming to take in what Chanyel had to say. "Yeah. So if you could leave I would appreciate it." Chanyeol knows he is probably coming off as rude but she is honestly the last person he wants to see right now, especially since he worked so hard to get over what had happened this morning. She complies and heads out the room and Chanyeol follows after. He locks the door once he exits but the girl still seems to linger.

"So he isn't here," Chanyeol rocks on his heels. He isn't sure if she is speaking to him or herself. The other seems to notice him staring at her quizically and speaks again this time a actually aimed torwards him. " Do you by chance know if Chanyeol might be here tomorrow since no one but you is here today?"

"Chanyeol?"

"Yes, I hope i got the name right, do you know him?"

"Uh,, I am him."

......................................

Chen made his way down to the first floor before heading to the vending machine. Once he reaches his destination he can't decide between mango juice or coffee. In order to make his decision easier he puts his money through the pay area and then places two fingers on either selection of the vending machine before counting to three and pushing both leaving it up to the machince to decide. The coffee is the ultimate winner and Chen is satisfied with the outcome. He lingers by the vending machine finishing up his beverage, when it's done he tosses it in the trash and finally heads to the front gate. Chanyeol doesn't seem to be there yet and Chen figured the giant probably got locked out. He takes his time walking to the front gate.

Half way there, zoned out, Chen is caught off guard when a large mass collides with him. It isn't enough for him to fall over but he does miss step for a second causing him to fumble a bit. He is quick to turn around though once he reclaims his balance to confront his offender.

"Excuse you." Chen is met with a male slightly shorter than he is.  The offender has a round face almost like that of a hamster. Chen assumed the younger was a first year who still hasn't hit puberty yet.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what?' You ran into me, I almost fell, you could atleast apologize for that."

"Apologize? You should be thanking me .kid I saved you from really getting knocked down." Chen was appauled who did this first year think he was talking to, referring to him as 'kid' so casually, did he not see who the hyung here was.

" I think you should think about who you're talking too. I'm the hyung here, where is the respect? Huh!" The other seemed to eye Chen up and down and they stopped when they spotted Chen's neck tie, a smirk played on then offenders. By now Chen was annoyed even more so by the smirk on the others face and even more so by the others lack of mannerism and respect of this First year.

"No, i'm the hyung here you're just a 2nd year I'm you're senior, what about your lack of respect, huh?" A third year?  Chen didn't believe him it ,but after a better look at the other he realized the other was in his gym shorts and along the side was a red stripe that signified a thrid year. Chen felt the heat rise in his face and regret must have played clear n his eyes. The third year seemed to catch on to Chen distress cause he let out a small chuckle. "So I know I bumped into you, but I was just saving you kid" There was an emphasis on the work 'kid' as he said it and continued " but this soccer ball here" Chen now noticed a soccer ball in the others hands," was headed right into that pretty little head of yours, so if anyone should be apologizing it's you for being so rude to a hyung who only tried to save you."

Hesitant he was but Chen dis admit.

"Sorry."

"What, so easily, what happened to you being so fiesty? Or is that all gone now that you found out i am actually your senior. Glad to see you do got manners."

"Hey Xiumin!" A voice off to the side yelled out and Chen's eyes followed. But they refocused back onto who is now assumed to be Xiumin.

"Well that's my que. I'll take my leave and I accept you're apology." And with that Xiumin turned back to leave. Chen watched as he went not able to take his eyes off him for some reason. That was when Chanyeol finally came running into his line of view. Chen shook away all thoughts of what had just happened putting all attention to his friend and his late arrival.

"What took you so long huh! Kept me waiting ling enough! You should have been here already."

"Woah. I know I'm late, im sorry okay. Did something happen though because usually you wouldn't care."  Chen could feel his ears warming as embarrassment flooded him.

"Nothing happened," Chen replied courtly," lets go."

Chanyeol just shrugged and followed along.