Not so first meeting

Weekly Kyungsoo- Nuna

Late again.

You know Chen will hound you again if he has to cover for you again, and it's only the third day of the new year. You swear he sounds like your mom when he gets in his moods. But this time you will be there. It would be great if you were already there, but this technically isn't your fault. You couldn't predict your sister to experience her mid-mid- life crisis so early in the morning. And you especially didnt expect it to be triggered souly on the fact she notice her premature wrinkles at the early age of 21. You told her it was sue to all the gaudy makeup she wore, you meant it to be taken as word of advise, but you guess when someone is grieving over their short youth things can only be taken to offense.

Whatever though, you're now late. And as you reach your school your are confronted with your biggest obstacle, the schools front gates. This would be much of a feet if they were open but as you are late this is the only thing seperating you and your goal of not having to listen to Chen scold you for something you couldn't even control. Your only option is to hop the entrance. You knew you were born with long limbs for a reason, and climbing your school's fence in order to make it to your first class before morning assembly was over was that reason. Maybe some greater power knew one day you would encounter this predicament and gifted you with a body specifically for this situation. Atleast that is what you would like to tell yourself...

You hoisted your gangly limbs over the gate and safely made it to the other side. As you retrieve your school bag you threw over you are met with the sound of the creaky front gates. You turn to see if you really are hearing correctly and you were right. A girl walks right in. You now notice that the gate was indeed closed, but it was merely that, the gate had not been properly loocked up yet. Shaken by this realisation you can't seem to move. But the girl who just walked in is, heading to the front door of the building. You snap yourself out of it and run after her.

You pull her back by her shoulder, her expression is emotionless as she stares right at you. She looks to your hand as you still have a hold on her while you catch your breath.

"How?" is all you can manage to say. She meets your eyes again dismissing your hand.

"They don't lock the gate until after morning assembly is over" she said plainly.

"Oh..." you pull back, not knowing what to do with your hands now, you shove them in your pockets. You feel kind of stupid. You wish you had known. And as if she could read your mind.

"Don't worry. You looked pretty cool hoping the gate." she gave a small smile before continuing "well i gotta head to class before it starts, bye."

She gave a small bow and then headed off. You couldn't help replay the words 'pretty cool', you wonder if she saw the whole thing, you feel your ears heating up out of embarrassment. You should head to class too you figure you're really cutting it close now.

You get to class in time and are able to say your own name during roll call. Chen congratulates in stead of telling you off and you tell him how your morning went. Even telling him how a girl complemented you, your ears start heating up again as you think of it. Its rare being complemented, let alone by a girl. You figure she was pretty cute, she was probably a freshman you tell Chen. You could like a girl like her you think to yourself; short, with a bob hair cut, personally you are into tall girls with flowy hair but she can be an exception do to her doll like physic.

Only then does Chen point something out, "so she saw the whole thing?"

"Well she must have to say I looked pretty cool. Why? Jealous a girl complemented me?" you give a little wink as to show off.

"Ew stop that it looks as if half of your face is twitching. And no, im just saying she saw the whole thing..."

"Yeah I already told you that. Aren't you listening?"

"Yes im listening. Im obviously hearing you better than your hearing yourself. She saw the whole thing and didn't offer to tell you the gate was already open, and only once you were over it did she walk in. She watched you struggle the whole time."

You were caught in otter bewilderment. You slowly lower yourself, hinding your head in your arms, suddenly you don't find her very cute anymore.