Leaving

Speak Up, Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihyo-ya, mianhae... Can we meet up now?” the sounds seems a little wavering.

Though she knows enough, it’s Gary, she still shocks with his call, “Should I?”

She looks at the screen blankly, then put it on her right ear, “I am sleepy now. Mianhae Oppa...”

“At least, listen to me.. Will you?”

“Oppa, I am sleepy..” She just doesn’t know what to say, she got blank easily while her heart is thumping so hard.

From afar, she could heard his sighed, “Ah kurae yo? Okay, sleeptight. Good night, Mong Ji!”

He hung up the phone and she knows he will be upset, it was pictured by his voice, “But, should we  meet up?” she thought.

Jihyo is trying to ignore her inner thought about what kind of fate he did call her and want to meet up before. She looks at her screen, hopes that Gary would be call her then. But there is no one. She was regret, but couldn’t doing anything.

“Ah what if something important? Why his voice is wavering? How if he is sick?”

Not long after, the rain start to filling up her ears. She out of her room with her snacks and sat on the sofa. The others seem have their alone time at their room already, beside it’s late. She then make the Americano by herself. Such was the fate works, Gary who out of his with his Caramel Macchiato, is looking Jihyo is sitting quietly on the sofa, alone herself.

“I wonder how long ago I stopped hating rainy days so much. In life, even our hearts aren’t always sunny.” he paused for awhile, sitting himself next to her, “The sun is not always covered by the clouds. Because when the clouds were gone, we could feel the warmth of the sun. Isn’t it, Mong Ji?”

The sounds of rain covering the city suddenly turns it into a different place. Sure that there are peoples who wish to be alone in this kind of situation, but both have different point of view.

“What are you seeking? What are you looking for, Oppa?” she is asking with her mong face.

“That hazy sky... You can’t realize what is love if there’s nothing but sunny days.” He grinned, looking at her for awhile, “When the rain falls on us, I’m sure we can become a kinder person. The rain might be able to impart on us the power to live, like we need the love for the power of our live. If you wish on the sky, surely it will clear up tomorrow. But our heart’s can’t. They are not..” he says while her head.

Jihyo bites her nails, looking at him blankly as testing what is with his feelings right now. Even though she feels for him so much that she can hardly breathes.

“Why can’t you accept my bouquet of words?” he asks straight-forwardly.

“Ne?”

“Ah... Good night Mong Ji. I thought that you were sleeping before. I am gonna sleep now..”

“Oppa... Are.. you okay?” she asks him carefully, “I mean, your wound, is it okay?”

He turns his head and nods its slowly.

“Ah jinjja? Kurae..”

He just smiling at her then leave her alone with the thousand thoughts on her mind. She just looking at his figure till it get lost. She realives the long sigh and go to her own room barely. She sat next to the bedroom window, enjoying the heavy rains which is hitting the ground hardly. With a glass of an Americano which still leaves a small puff of mist around it, she puts her fingers around the glass, trying to stay warm.

Jihyo herself actually understands what Gary had said before. Like a lake that doesn’t exist on the map, as the calm as its water like its sleep on. She was lost for words, the threshold is too sad sadness, the tip end of this memory, “You are the places that I want always to go to, Oppa. Because until whenever and wherever you yourself, is loving by me. Is our meeting wrong, Oppa? I beg pardon that our love doesn’t come true. If I was more patient for waiting, maybe this time we were both already bound.”

Tears and tightness begin flushed, “My heart is very broad, but I can not with anyone else... You may have heard if a door is closed, then there will be other doors open. However, since you decided to leave, there is a blank in the rest of my life. The others are open, but I just can’t..”

*KNOCK-KNOCK*

Jihyo is frowning herself after hearing someone could be knocking her door, “What is wrong with that Oppa? Hu?” she doesn’t think anyone else, but Gary. With that is still pouts, she stood up and open the door, “Ya, you said that you were sleepy?” she says even without looking at the figure. Meanwhile, she shocks look at the tiny legs in front of her, she raised her head slowly, trying to clarify who the actual person into it.

“Omo!” as soon as she realized that it was not Gary, she is grinning widely and bows, “Ah, Jaesuk Oppa.. I thought that you were-“

“Gary?” he asks with his teasing tone that it is enough to makes her cheeks look like a cherry.

Jihyo just stratching her cheeks, smiling shyly, “Oppa.. Why have not you fallen asleep yet?”

“Something was bothering my mind, and I just couldn’t fall asleep after it.. Beside, it is heavy rain, I don’t like hearing it sounds..”

“Ah... Ne... So, why you chose mine?”

“Let me have a little conversation with you, will you?”

Jihyo nods, “Kurae.. Come in, Oppa..”

Jaesuk is entering the room that belong to Jihyo, he was surprised by the number of snacks on the table beside the bed. But he just smiled knowing that his favorite sister is still the same person, her hobby is still snacking.

Jihyo invited her Oppa to sit in a chair near the window, meanwhile she was sitting next to him. She just quietly waiting Jaesuk open his mouth, she knew that something which was bothering him is important enough, and she knew that something was definitely nothing, but her herself.

“Jihyo-ya, actually I just afraid with something.. By the way, how was your relationship with Chang Joo? Is everything okay?” he asks with concern, his voice suddenly changed.

Jihyo just nods her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter