Insomnia

Insomnia

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling above me, my insomnia getting the better of me.

Both excited and nervous thoughts ran through my head.

Were the fans going to like the album?

Was the concept too much?

We're they going to notice too many things?

I shook my head, trying to clear those thoughts.

I leaned over to the bedside table, clicking off the lights. Maybe the stillness of the dark could relax me enough to fall asleep.

It was late, after all. Blue Night had ended not too long ago, and I had plenty of things to do in the morning.

I stretched, being careful not to move too much, and rolled over onto my side to look at Key.

I immediately smiled at his sleeping form. He was wearing a loose tank top that revealed part of his chest and emphasized his collarbones. My smile turned into a grin when my eyes adjusted enough in the darkness to see the small red marks that peppered the areas exposed by his shirt.

I had gotten a little too happy when he had finally finished Zorro, and I didn't bother to hold back much.

Not that Key complained.

It is a nice thing that he can cover those up with scarves and jackets now that it is winter.

My eyes made their way up the trail of marks from the ones hiding under the edge of his shirt, to the ones on his chest, and, finally, his neck.

I spotted a particularly large bite, right at the edge of his jaw, knowing exactly when that one had happened.

My hand reached out to touch it, and he stirred in his sleep. He unconsciously leaned towards my hand, in hailing and exhaling deeply.

My eyes wandered up towards his lips, and I stifled a giggle.

His perfectly bow-shaped lips were parted in the most adorable way, a bit of drool escaping from the corner.

With my free hand, I wiped the corner of his mouth. He seemed to notice the touch and be stirred in his sleep.

He moved away from me slightly, turning onto his back. I closed the gap between the two of us, and propped myself up on my arm so I could see him well.

I almost laughed when some of his hair flopped into his face, adjusting to the move, and his nose twitched a bit.

I wrapped an arm around him and pulled him closer, nestling him into my body, while flinging one of my legs between his.

He groaned a bit, and I knew I was waking him up, so I just leaned down and kissed him.

It was just a small kiss intended to calm him down before he woke up fully and started yelling at me, but since his lips here already parted and moist, I couldn't help myself.

I trailed my tongue on the curve of his upper lip, and his arms sleepily made their way around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

He kissed me back, lazily and sloppily, and I loved every second of it.

I had ended up on top of him, keeping my weight off of him with the support of my left arm above his head and my my knees, the right between his legs, and the other on his right side.

He looked up at me with half lidded eyes that made me want to do much more than kiss him, but I held back.

"Jong, why are you awake?" he said with a husky, sleepy voice that sent a shiver down my body.

"Thinking too much," I grumbled.

"You're worrying, aren't you? I already told know you don't need to. The album's great, the songs are amazing, and that video- do I need to say anything about the video?" his eyes opened up a little more at the end and a small smirk appeared on his face.

"You mean the video where I'm chained up half the time and shirtless the other half?" I go back to my position laying on my side, and he turns towards me a little.

"You mean every fangirl's dream?" he says, one of his hands sliding over my bare abdomen.

"You mean your dream?" I say smirking back at him, holding back another shiver as his hand wandered a bit.

"Oh, Jjongie, it's not my dream," he smiles and mischievous eyes meet mine, "it's my reality whenever I want it."

"Is it?" I hum, my right hand going up from his waist to cup his cheek.

He smiles and nods, his expression almost driving me over the edge with those half lidded eyes.

"Is that the reality you want right now?" I say, trying to return the smoldering gaze he's giving me without shivering at his still wandering hands. I was determined to be in control, although all I wanted was to be submissive and let him do as he pleased.

"It would be if you weren't so worried." he said, all hidden intentions disappearing from his eyes, and going back to all seriousness.

"That's one way to relax me though, Bummie." I say, trying to get him back in the mood, but being snapped out of it as soon as he pinched my side harshly.

"Buuummmmiiiieeeeeeeee, that hurt!" I whined and pouted, not being able to keep up the air of confidence.

"It was supposed to hurt, you overgrown puppy. I could practically see your dirty thoughts being projected through your eyes!" he said smacking my hand away from his face and sitting up, cross-legged on the bed.

"C'mon. Sit up, were going to talk about this. Just like old times. Pour out your mind to me." he said, fully awake now, smacking my thigh.

I obeyed and sat across from him.

"Should I go get some snacks? For old times sake?" I said, remembering the nights we'd stay up and talk when we were just friends.

"No. I can't have you getting pudgy. You need to keep those abs nice for me and for your fans." he shot me down faster than I could even get off our bed.

I pouted more, but returned to my position across from him and played with my hands.

"Tell me, what are you so worried about, Jjong?" he grabbed one of my hands and laced our fingers together but didn't force me to look up at him.

"Do you think the concept is a little too overwhelming? It's so much different form SHINee's usual style, and it's like Taemin's but a little more dangerous." I said all in a rush while rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb.

He chuckled a little, but spoke softly, "Hell yes, it's overwhelming, but in a good way. Girls will want to be with you, guys will want to be you- hell, the guys will want you, too. They just won't be able to admit it to themselves."

"That's still not very reassuring, Bum." he moves his hand to rest on my knee and, as if to say 'it'll all be okay', he squeezes it.

"What else Jjong? Something else is bothering you, I can tell."

"Can't you always?" I say, finally looking up at his face.

"I'm just a little scared that they'll notice too many things. Things that I didn't put there for them." I tug on his hand until he's wrapped up in my arms.

"Like those things that you put in there for me?" he whispers, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"Yeah, but I kind of want them to notice. I want them to know that I'm in love with you. I want the whole world to know just how much." I pull him closer, taking a deep breath, filling my lungs with his scent to relax me.

"Jjong, we'll tell them in a few more years. Then we can go off somewhere where we can get married, and we'll drag Jinki, Minho, and Tae along. You'll write songs, I'll spend my days shopping, we can adopt a baby-"

"Or two, or three, or four..." I add on, just imagining a nice house with plenty of room for our kids and pets and Taemin and Minho and Onew to run around.

"See Jjong? Don't worry! There are plenty of fans that have already figured it out, there are plenty that have been rooting for us since the beginning. They see what others don't, isn't that enough for now?" he pulls me until were laying down, and I pull the long-forgotten blanket over us.

"For now, I can deal with it. It'll be enough the day I can walk outside holding your hand, kiss you wherever and whenever I feel like it, and say that I belong to someone. The day when I can say, 'I'm Kim Jonghyun, member of SHINee, and that man over there, yes that wonderful, y, talented man, he's my other half.' will be one of the best of my life. "

Without warning, his lips collide with mine in a kiss that takes my breath away, and leaves me dizzier than a thousand stage lights ever could.

"I love you so much, Jonghyun." he pants, pressing his forehead against mine while we steady our breaths.

"And I'm so glad for that, Bummie. There's nothing better than knowing you love me, too." I whisper, finally feeling sleep tug away at the edges of my consciousness. 

~~~~~

AWWW YUUSSSSSS. 
FIRST FIC OF THE YEAR. *^* 
Pretty proud!

I haven't done any non AU oneshots in a loooonngggg time xD

I got the idea for this little gem when I came across the video of Jjong caressing Key's cheek while singing "Girls'' by Wheesung 'cause I was like, "HE'S COLLABORATING WITH JJONG. ASDFGHJKLSKWNSKWO" so yeahhhh xD

I hope you guys liked it! :D Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!