Emily and Kidoh

Lion's Mate

Emily

    “What do you mean you hate the Lion King?” I asked my boyfriend. “Not just the Lion King, but all Disney movies are rubbish. Talking animals, magic? It’s all unnatural.” Kidoh said. The two of us were sitting on the couch debating on what movie to watch. I had suggested the Lion King because it was my favorite childhood movie. 

    “That’s kind of the point, to escape reality for short time. It’s entertaining.” I replied. “Emily, you should never try to escape normalcy, you should embrace it.” Kidoh said. “Well, I hate to break it to you, hating Disney is a deal breaker.” I joked. “Well that’s a shame, because I got you something.” Kidoh said getting up and going to the kitchen. He returned with chocolate cupcakes from my favorite bakery. “I got these for my girlfriend, I guess they’ll go to waste.” He teased. “I guess I could stay with you for the cupcakes.” I said with a smile. After devouring the cupcake Kidoh turned to me. He then tucked a lock of honey blonde hair behind my ear and started leaning in.  My eyes fluttered before closing. Instead of his soft lips on mine, I felt his tung on the corner of my mouth. My blue eyes opened to find his normally warm brown eyes dark. The proximity, and the intensity of his eyes were my heart and mind race. As he leaned in, his ringtone went off. 

    “Damn.” He said before answering the phone. After five seconds he hung up and got of the couch. “It was Nakta, they’ve called a meeting.” He said getting his shoes. “Do you have to go? You could miss one meeting.” I begged him.

     Kidoh and his friends were a part of some hunting club, but instead of guns they used spears and bows. Also they didn’t hunt the usual things like deer, hogs, or ducks. They hunted rare game, even flying to Africa to hunt lions. I’ve never watched Kidoh hunt, but the way he just looked at me, I felt like his prey. 

    “You know I can’t miss it, babe.” He said without looking at me. That was the thing, his dad was the president of the club. “Fine, will you come back after the meeting?” I asked him. “Depends on how late it goes.” He said making his way to the door. He opened the door and turned to me one last time. “Love you.” He said before closing the door. 

Kidoh

    I knew Emily was angry at me for leaving. She just didn’t understand, I was leaving to make the world safer for her. If I’m Clark Kent, then she’s my blue eyed blonde Lois Lane. Like Clark Kent, I could never tell her my secret. I wasn’t a part of some hunting club, I was a knight. My brotherhood was formed to destroy anything unnatural. Our biggest threat was the Pride of lion shifters. 

    I pulled up to the old mansion that served as our headquarters. It was a three story ancient building, with stairs leading up the front door. A-Tom, our youngest brother was sitting on those stairs sharpening his throwing knives. “How’s Emily?” The red head asked without looking up. “She’s ok.” I said passing him. “I bet she’s pissed that you left her again.” A-tom said getting up. “Shut up.” I almost growled at him. I was not happy about leaving her, but I put my duty before my heart. 

    We entered the mansion and met up with my other brother, Nakta. He was the tallest of our trio and was skilled in using a bow. My weapon of choice was a spear. “Sorry about interrupting your date.” Nakta said blushing. “You’re not the one who needs to apologize. Do we know what this is about?” I replied. “The Captain thinks that we’re close to finding the last dragon’s nest.” Nakta replied. "The last dragon nest?" I asked intrigued. "Suposedly there are two males hiding it it."A-Tom said. I smirked. "Soon, dragons, will be just legends." I said as we walked into the meeting room.

 

AN: I know It's short but I promise longer chapters will come also if you want to make a cover for this then let me know.