The Lion meets his mate

Lion's Mate

Emily

    It was three in the morning when I woke up to a knock on my door. I grudgingly left my bed and went to the front door. “It’s me babe.” I heard Kidoh’s voice. I opened it for him. “What’s going on?” I asked still sleepily. “I need to talk to you.” He said and went to the living room. I shut the front door now fully awake and nervous. He was dressed all in black, wearing combat boots,  and had backpack slung over his shoulder. “I’m going on a hunting trip.” He said looking at me. “You couldn’t wait for a decent hour to tell me?” I asked him. “I’m leaving right now.” He said appologieticly.  “Seriously Kidoh? how long will you be gone?” I asked him. “I don’t know.” He said. “Ok.” I replied. “Please don’t be mad.” He begged me. “Ok” I said irritated. “Please, baby.” He said and grabbed both my hands. His eyes searched my face pleadingly. As much as I wanted to be furious, I knew that he had no choice in the matter. I sighed. “Alright. Be safe.” I said. A car horn honked and he looked back at the door. “Go, love” I said. He turned back to me and kissed my forehead before rushing out the door. I sunk to the couch defeated. It really did hurt that I didn’t come first to Kidoh. I’ve known since the beginning that the chase was his first love. 

Jenissi

    I made up my mind. I won’t just sit and wait for my mate to walk into my life I’m going to find her myself. Seo could be right about her being a human. I know sounded insane, but I had to try. First I’d find her, then I’d worry about what the elders would have to say. 

     I left my home late at night. As I walked through the streets of the pride compound I sensed that I was being followed. “You know that I know you’re following me.” I said. Out of the shadows, Gohn, Seogoong, and Yano appeared. “We’re going with you.” Seogoong said.”Wether you like it or not.” Gohn added. “You two can, but not the cub.” I said. “Seriously?” Yano asked frustrated. “While I’m looking for her, I can’t keep you in line.” I replied. “Oh mighty prince, I can take care of myself.” Yano said sarcastically. “Just don’t get in my way, or get yourself hurt.” I said. We made our way to the pride’s community garage. “Can we take the Ducatis?” Seogoong asked. “I was thinking the Camaro, but we could take a bike.” I replied. 

 

Emily

    It had been three days since Kidoh left on that hunting trip. I missed him but I knew I couldn’t contact him. That’s why I hated these hunting trips, he wouldn’t have his phone. I was worried about him, the last hunting trip, he came home with a cracked rib.

     At the moment I was at the coffee shop I worked at. Since it was the middle of the day it was empty. I was behind the counter with a paperback mystery book. It was a good story with a y Sherlock Holmes character and a witty sidekick. I got to the part where they were about to face the killer when the automatic doorbell rang. I glanced up to help the customers.  

    Entering the shop was a group of four wild looking young men. All of them had asian features with varying shades of brown hair. The last one that walked in stopped in his tracks when he saw me. His amber eyes drilled into my blue eyes. I don’t know why but I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. One of his friends called over to him and he joined them at their table. One of them came up to the counter to order. I tried to ignore those amber eyes, but I felt them on me as I prepared the drinks.

     When I brought the drinks to their table, amber eyes finally looked away from me and blushed. I heard him mumble a thank you before I went back to the counter. I felt those eyes on me again. His eyes were beautiful, and I know I should have been creeped out, but I wasn’t. Though he looked wild and unpredictable, I had the strange feeling that he’d never hurt me.