People Around You

A Little Too Not Over You (ALTNOY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Kindly re-read chapter 1, since it has been a long time before I updated again. Mianhe and kamshamnida!

 

Yuri's POV

 

"Yuri, are you okay? You look dizzy."  Taeyeon asked while we are walking towards our classrooms.

 

"I'm fine. I just dreamt of Yoo.." I paused. I stopped walking and glanced at Taeyeon. She furrowed her brows waiting for me to continue my sentence.

 

"Dreamt of?" Taeyeon asked so curious.

 

"What I mean is.. I.. I just.. I just had a nightmare. That's it." I stammered. Taeyeon starts laughing.

 

"Yah! Yuri what are you thinking last night?" Taeyeon asked again while chuckling. What 'what'? I'm not thinking about something. It should be 'who', cause I'm thinking about someone. I'm thinking about her. Just her.

 

"Maybe you're thinking about scary or weird things that's why you're having a nightmare." Taeyeon explained. "FYI, the last thing in your mind before you sleep, is the one which will appear in your dreams pabo!" Taeyeon elbowed me. So that's why she's in my dreams every night.. I bit my lip.

 

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Where did you get that info?" I asked. She knows a lot.

 

"Just the other night in our Psychology class! You idiot! You cut class, remember?" Taeyeon glared at me. Oh yeah, I was out the other night.. I don't know what's into me that I didn't attend class and just ran away.

 

"Alright, alright I remember!! Stop glaring. I will never cut classes again kiddo." I muttered and Tae smiled. She doesn't want me to skip classes anymore. She also doesn't want me to have failing grades again. When I was in my freshmen year, I often skip classes, sleep during discussions and I'm always late. I had 8 subjects and three of them, I need to retake. Taeyeon was the one who helped me to concentrate on my studies and encouraged me to apply for a scholarship. The time I met Taeyeon was when she almost fell on the stairs. Good thing I was there to hold her arms tight and prevent her from falling. It was also the time, I started to changed and moved on.. Aside from being always there if I need her to tutor me in some of the subjects I find difficult.. Also, she always knew that I have this one problem that I never opened up to her.. I don't want Taeyeon to worry about me because of her. Taeyeon taught me how to be me again.. I don't want to go back to my previous self anymore.

 

Taengoo tiptoe to reach my head for her to pat. Oh this midget acts cutely.

 

"Annyeong girls!" Someone spoke from behind.

 

"Ohh Minho, you're here." I mumbled then Minho smiled brightly.

 

"It's a miracle! You're early today!" Tae rolled her eyes. I chuckled.

 

"Well, I don't want to be late to see Yuri." Then Minho glanced at me. I kicked his leg.

 

"Stop it. It's too corny, Minho~ah!" Taeyeon crossed her arms. "Aish, there's Prof. Jang. I need to enter my class already. See you later guys." Taeyeon bid goodbye. She turns her back and said "Don't cut classes or I'll kill you." Me and Minho laugh at Taengoo. She realy cares for me.

 

We entered our room, just two rooms away from Tae's. The professor is still not there and students are chatting and using their phones. Me and Minho sat beside each other. "Minho, thank you for fetching me last, last night. I just need to be alone and think of some things." I told him.

 

"It's okay Yuri. If anything bothers you again, don't be shy to open it up with me, okay?" He said then I smiled at him. "Arasso" I responded.

 

----------

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

I entered the classroom along with Prof. Jang. She walked towards her table to prepare the lesson. I sat on my chair and I noticed that the empty seat on my left side is already occupied by someone. I gazed at the side to see the person. Oh she's a girl. I examined her and I can see that she's kinda uneasy maybe because she's new here.

 

"Annyeong." I greeted her and showed her a warm smile.

 

"Hi." She smiled back. Oh God.. I was frozen for a second. She's.. she's... she's so pretty. I thought. God brought a Goddess in Dongguk. I can assure that, since most of my classmates, especially the guys, keep on glancing at her.

 

"So.. you're the new student, right?" I asked. Last week, Prof. Jang told us that we will be having a new student here in History class. I never thought that, that soon to be classmate will be this beautiful.

 

"Yes.. I just started yesterday." She answered. Ahhh her voice. It's so angelic.

 

Suddenly Prof. Jang spoke and told everyone that we have a new classmate. "Ms. Im, you may now introduce yourself to everyone."

 

"Annyeong sangsaenim and classmates. My name is Im Yoon Ah. I went to New York to learn modelling and I came back to Seoul to study business." Yoona said very clear. Yoona. So, Yoona is her name. I think I already heard that name. I just can't remember when and who said it. Maybe it's just sounds like her name. But, anyway, Yoona is a model in New York. Wow. I looked at everyone and they looked amazed with Yoona. As soon as she sat down, everyone greeted 'Hello' to her.

 

"Alright. I hope you will enjoy History class, Ms. Im." Sangsaenim said. Her phone starts ringing. "Just for a minute class. I just need to answer this." Prof. Jang went outside and everyone started to chitchat again. I guess they're all talking about Yoona. I looked at her and decided to talk to her so she'll not feel awkward.

 

"Yoona, right?" She nodded. "You're sleepy?" I asked then giggled.

 

"How did you know? Are my eyebags big?" She touched her eyes to check on her eyebags. She looks silly yet funny.

 

"Aniyo." I shook my head. "Well, espresso?" I pointed at the coffee on her table.

 

"Oh this." She chuckled and hold the cup of espresso.

 

"That's too strong. You'll surely be awake the whole period." I mumbled jokingly. Yoona laughed. If only Yoona knows how boring History class is, she'll definitely choose to sleep than stay awake and listening to South Korea's legends, culture and whatsoever.

 

"I'm afraid that I might fall asleep in my first day in this class." Yoona muttered and took a sip on her espresso. Such a scardy cat Yoona is. I suddenly remembered something that burst me in laughter.

 

Yoona tapped my hand and told me that everyone now is looking at me. I placed my hand in front of my mouth so I can stop laughing.

 

"What's funny...." Yoona paused. I guess she doesn't know my name yet, that's why.

 

"I'm Kim Taeyeon. I'm your first buddy here in our class." I introduced myself.

 

"That's a nice name. So, Taeyeon, what are you laughing about?" Yoona furrowed her eyes, waiting for my answer.

 

"Well, I just remebered my bestfriend who hates coffee before and now she likes it so much." I told Yoona, while reminiscing some funny moments.

 

"What's with her and coffee?" Yoona looks interested.

 

"We were in law class by that time, she was so sleepy during class because she slept late just to finish reading a lot of articles Atty. Goo assigned us. When Atty Goo, sees one of her students are sleeping, she'll make him or her drink coffee to be lively and active." I paused, Yoona is listening to my story. "Then, Atty. Goo heard my friend snoring and saw her sleeping peacefully, she then wake her up! Then Yukey (read as yuki) my friend, was so surprised. She continously said 'mianhe' to our professor." This story is too long, thankfully Prof. Jang is still outside.

 

"Whoa, that attorney is really scary.. but, where's the coffee part?" Yukey will seriouly kill me if she knew that I'm telling her most embarassing moment to others. Lol.

 

"So our professor gave her a cup of espresso, telling her to drink it or she'll be going out of class. Yukey refused to drink it, but also she doesn't want to go out. Then our prof insisted to drink it, then she had no choice but to take a sip on it. When she started gulping the espresso, our prof said that she should finish it all. But after that, Yukey can't help herself drinking coffee. Suddenly she burst out the coffee from to our professor's face." I said the last sentence in between my laughs. Omo, it's really funny. "Atty. Goo heated in anger and Yukey rushed out of the room bceause of shame. Everyone laughed so hard that made Att. Goo to raised her voice to us." I added. I can hear Yoona's laughs. She surely imagined what happened. Kekeke.

 

"OMO! That's so funny. I can imagine your professor's face filled with espresso and everyone laughing at her." She said laughing while holding her tummy. We both laugh that my eyes got watery.

 

After a minute of laughter, Yoona asked out of curiosity "But, Taeyeon, why don't Yukey want to drink coffee? Is she allergic? Or something?"

 

"Well, you know some said coffee makes you nervous and Yukey said.. she doesn't want to feel nervous, because she dislikes being worried. Also, it taste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter