First Day

Caramel Chocolate Kiss

Heart beating a million miles an hour. Hands sweating. Hard to swallow. First day of high school, who ever said it would be this nerve racking?!

 

‘Deep breaths, you can do this.’ He told himself.

 

A big deep breath and he started walking towards his new school, he failed to notice the eyes that followed him as he walked through the gates because of his never ending nerves.

 

“Yixing?” a voice then asked.

 

Glancing up, his breath was caught “Joonmyun…”

 

Joonmyun scowled “What are you doing here? Don’t tell me you’re attending school here?”

 

Yixing gulped and nodded “I am.” He said.

 

Joonmyun didn’t say anything and just stared at him, his height intimidating the shy Yixing. “Aren’t you at least a little happy that you know someone?” Yixing then asked meekly.

 

“Look at them! Are they dating?!” by now a crowd had formed around the two boys “The tall one is super cute!”

 

“Ugh! Don’t tell me that’s his boyfriend! What a shame!”

 

Yixing glanced up at Joonmyun. He was less than pleased, Yixing’s heart sank.

 

“Yixing.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I have only one request from you.” Joonmyun looked down at Yixing. Yixing nodded telling him to continue “Stay away from me at school, don’t talk to me either.” And he turned and stalked away obviously pissed.

 

Yixing frowned, and here he was happy that he finally got to go to the same school as Joonmyun. He slowly started making his way into the school and down the hall to his classroom.

 

Upon entering, Yixing looked around his class before his eyes landed on a certain man with messy black hair who just happened to be glaring daggers at him from his seat. Yixing became a little scared by his stare and gulped before looking away and scurrying to his seat which was thankfully by the window.

 

Class started shortly after Yixing sat down, for the first day, he was glad he was able to keep up with the lesson and by the end of the class he was able to get started on the homework that was assigned and got a little bit of it done.

 

Suddenly a shadow appeared over his notebook making Yixing jump and look up almost expecting to be glared at by Joonmyun. Instead he met a beautiful pair of chocolate colored eyes and an unfamiliar face.

 

The stranger chuckled “A little jumpy I see.” He flashed a bright smile.

 

Yixing just looked at him confused. “I saw you earlier, but I didn’t get the chance to introduce myself. I’m Kris Wu, and also in the same class at you, what’s your name?” he asked.

 

Yixing relaxed a little and gave him a small smile “I’m Kim Yixing… nice to meet you too Kris-ssi.”

 

Kris laughed as he sat in the desk in front of him facing Yixing “Just call me Kris.”

 

Yixing smile a little “Okay..”

 

Kris watched Yixing before looking at his desk “You’ve already started the homework?” he asked surprised “Wow, now I feel like a slacker.” He sighed making Yixing laugh a little.

 

Kris looked at Yixing surprised before he smiled “I like your laugh.” He said absentmindedly.

 

Yixing felt his face a little and he looked down at his desk “Um… thank you..” he whispered.

 

“You’re welcome, Yixing.” Kris smiled again.

 

The bell rang signaling the next class was starting, Kris sighed before getting up and walking over to his seat which was directly next to Joonmyun’s. During the class, Yixing couldn’t help by glance over at Kris every once in a while. He put on a serious face during class, his expression hardly ever changing. Kris had a nice build and was tall like Joonmyun, probably about the same height too, he had blond hair and a few piercings as well, but Yixing noticed that he had two lines that cut through his right eyebrow, did he cut it that way maybe? Kris was undoubtedly handsome, but one would say his looks were almost too good to be true.

 

Class ended and lunch started and without a seconds hesitation, Kris walked over to Yixing with a smile “Want to have lunch together?” he asked.

 

Yixing looked at him for a moment before smiling a little with a nod “Sure.”

 

Kris smiled and then the two walked out of the classroom and Yixing let Kris lead the way, Kris ended up leading them to the stairwell that lead to the roof, but didn’t actually go to the roof, just sat on the stairs. Yixing then opened the lunch he had packed and started eating, he glanced over at Kris who was looking right back at him.

 

“Don’t you have a lunch?” Yixing asked.

 

Kris chuckled and shook his head “I don’t eat lunch.” He said.

 

Yixing frowned “That’s not healthy, you know? Here, you can have some of mine.” He said and pulled out his sandwich.

 

“But you still need to eat too.” Kris said as he slowly took out the sandwich, Yixing smiled and pulled out another sandwich.

 

“I eat a lot so I always pack more than I know I’ll end up eating.” He said making Kris laugh.

 

“So, then I have a question for you.”

 

Yixing looked at him “Hm?”

 

“Can I count on you to feed me during lunch then?” he asked with a smile.

 

Yixing felt his face heat up again and he looked down and then nodded slowly. Kris smiled “Sweet, thank you Xing.”

 

Yixing looked up surprised, he barely knew Kris and had only talked to him once beforehand and he was already calling him by a nickname. “What did you just call me?” he asked slowly.

 

Kris raised his eyebrows “Xing, don’t you like it?”

 

Yixing smiled and shook his head “I like it.” He said.

 

This time, it was Kris’s turn to feel his face heat up a little, Yixing had a really cute smile.

 

The rest of lunch was spent between the two talking and getting to know each other along with asking pointless questions just for s and giggled and that was when Kris found out that Yixing had a twin brother who went to the same school, but Yixing wouldn’t tell who it was. Kris told Yixing about how he was living in Busan alone as his parents were back in China.

 

The bell rang and lunch was over, the two made their way back to the classroom “Say, what are you doing after school today?” Kris asked.

 

Yixing thought for a moment, there was no point in trying to go home with Joonmyun “Nothing in particular, why?” he answered.

 

Kris smiled “Want to hang out for a little while?”

 

Yixing smiled with a nod “Sure.”

 

The two parted and went and sat down at their respectful desks, Yixing glanced towards Kris to find Joonmyun looking at him, almost scowling, Yixing felt his whole body tense before Joonmyun looked away with a scoff.

 

School let out finally after a long day and Yixing let out a sigh of relief  as he packed up his stuff “Joonmyun oppa!” some of the girls in their class ran towards Joonmyun as he stood from his desk “Want to come to karaoke with us!” they asked.

 

Joonmyun glanced at Yixing who was also looking at him wanting to know his answer, Joonmyun turned back to the girls “I don’t, leave.” He said before leaving the classroom.

 

“He’s so cold!” the girls complained “Just like when we asked him to have lunch with us too!”

 

“Xing, you ready to go?” Kris then asked as he looked back at Yixing from his desk.

 

Yixing smiled and nodded as he got up and walked towards Kris and the two left the school campus with lots of eyes looking at Kris “You’re popular it seems.” Yixing said looking down at the ground.

 

“Am I?” Kris asked confused as he looked around. “Are you sure? There’s no one looking at me.”

 

Yixing laughed “You’re even more oblivious than I am!” he said through his giggled.

 

Kris looked at him surprised before smiling and letting out a chuckle “Is that right? Well now Mr. Oblivious, enlighten me on this so called popularity I seem to possess.”

 

Yixing looked around and saw most of the girls and even quite a few guys had their eyes on them, or Kris, naturally as he was very good looking compared to Yixing “Look around with your eyes, not your head, you’ll see what I’m talking about.”

 

Kris did just that and was surprised to see that there were indeed quite a few people looking at them “I’m pretty sure they’re looking at you, not me.” He then said and Yixing laughed.

 

“I doubt that.” He said.

 

“And why is that?”

 

“You’re more attractive than I am, it’s only natural you would get their attention.” Yixing answered as he continued to walk looking at the ground.

 

“I don’t see it that why, in fact, I see it the opposite.” Kris said nudging Yixing a little with his elbow “I think your caramel blonde hair attracts attention, I think your soft expressions attract attention, I think your pure personality makes you likable, I think your voice is also very nice to listen to, especially your laugh.”

 

Yixing’s entire face turned a bright red and he kept his head down, not once has anyone ever said that to him or even about him.

 

Yixing didn’t speak any further as he was too embarrassed to even open his mouth let alone look up from the ground. Kris smiled softly and lead them to a café a couple blocks from the school. The two walked in and took a seat and Yixing inhaled the sweet scent of coffee and smile.

 

“You like coffee I take it?”

 

Yixing simply nodded with a small smile.

 

Kris looked at him for a moment “You really don’t talk much, do you?”

 

Yixing looked at him and then shook his head slightly. “No, I guess not.” He whispered.

 

“Can I ask why?”

 

Yixing shrugged “I don’t know the actual reason myself, I guess I was born like this, I don’t really talk unless I’m being spoken to and even then sometimes I don’t respond.” Kris frowned.

 

“Well that’s no fun.” He said.

 

Yixing sat quietly with his latte in his hands, the small park next to the café had his full attention as there were younger kids playing there, there looked to be a pair of twin boys playing with each other having a blast. Yixing sighed and looked down at his drink.

 

He remembers when he and Joonmyun were like that as kids, they were joined at the hip and did absolutely everything together, slept together, bathed together, played together, ended crying together most of the time too. But all that changed when their parents got a divorce and their mom got custody of Yixing and their dad Joonmyun. Yixing and his mom ended up moving back to China where his grandparents lived and going to school there up until high school when he moved back to Busan with his mom during the summer.

 

“What’s wrong? You haven’t said anything at all for a while.” Kris said touching Yixing's hand causing him to flinch and pull away surprising Kris.

 

“Ah.. I’m um sorry, you just startled me.” Yixing said slowly as he looked at Kris.

 

Kris smiled a little and nodded his head “I’m sorry, it wasn’t intentional I was just making sure you were okay.” He said.

 

Yixing smiled gratefully “I’m okay, thank you though.” It was a new feeling having someone like Kris around him, someone sincere.

 

Suddenly Yixing’s phone started ringing, he pulled it out and held it to his ear.

 

“Hello? Mom?” Kris smiled a little, so he was right, Yixing was Chinese.

 

“I’m out with a friend, why, what’s wrong?” he asked a little worried.

 

“No I didn’t, I didn’t want to go home with him.”

 

‘Him?’ Kris asked himself ‘Maybe he means his brother?’

 

“Okay, okay, okay, I get it, I’m on my way now.” He sighed and he hung up.

 

Yixing looked at Kris with a little guilt “I’m really sorry, I have to go now.” He said as he started to stand up.

 

“Wait!” Kris said grabbing his wrist surprising Yixing “Can we exchange numbers?” he asked.

 

Yixing looked at him for a moment before nodding slowly and he handed Kris his phone and Kris did the same. The two put their numbers in each other’s phones before Yixing said goodbye and left the café leaving Kris staring after him until he couldn’t see him anymore.

 

 

Yixing jogged all the way home, once he reached his house, he saw an unfamiliar car sitting out front, was it his mom’s boyfriend’s car? He didn’t mind the thought, although, he never did actually meet the man. Yixing walked inside and there were two pairs on shoes in the mud room that he’s never seen before, he decided to just ignore it and continued to take his shoes off and go inside.

 

“Yixing, are you home?” he heard his mother ask from somewhere in the house.

 

“Yes, mother.” He replied and walked into the house following her voice.

 

“At the kitchen table honey.” She then called.

 

Yixing set his backpack down on the chair in the living room and took off his jacket and tie, rolling up his sleeves to his elbows and opening the top few buttons of his uniform shirt. He walked towards the kitchen and froze as soon as he entered the kitchen.

 

Sitting at the kitchen table with his mother was none other than his father and of course, Joonmyun who was looking at him long and hard. Yixing kept his eyes away from Joonmyun and backed away a little.

 

His father then stood up and wrapped his arms around Yixing “You’ve grown so much, it’s so good to see you again.” He smiled kissing Yixing’s hair.

 

Yixing returned the hug gratefully, he’d missed his father over the years, but he never asked to see him as he wouldn’t leave his mother.

 

“Yixing, Joonmyun, your mother and I have something to tell you boys, come Yixing, sit next to your brother.” His father smiled.

 

Yixing smiled back but sat next to his mom instead, there was no way in hell he was sitting next to Joonmyun.

 

“Just tell us already, not much is a shock anymore at this age.” Joonmyun said as he held his glass of water in the air looking at it before looking at his parents.

 

Their father sighed and gave an apologetic smile to their mother, she simply waved it off and returned the smile “Your mother and I have decided to get back together.” He said.

 

“Woo hoo, let’s throw a party.” Joonmyun rolled his eyes.

 

“Manners you idiotic brat.” Their father hissed.

 

Joonmyun looked over and cocked an eyebrow “If you’re done, I’d like to go home now.” He said.

 

“You are home, we’re moving back into this house.” Yixing swore he heard a fuse pop inside Joonmyun.

 

“What the hell?!” Joonmyun shouted.

 

“You heard me, you and your brother will be sharing a room again as well.”

 

“But father-“ Yixing started “Aren’t we a little too old for that?”

 

Their father looked at Yixing surprised, he would have thought Yixing would have been okay with it “Yeah, dad, we’re too old to be sharing a room again, we’re not little kids.” Joonmyun chimed in.

 

“Yixing?” Yixing turned to their mother.

 

“Why don’t you want to, you used to be so close with Joonmyun.” She said softly.

 

Yixing sighed as he stood up “That’s just the thing mom, used to be, he’s not the brother I remember having.” He said before walking away and going up to his room.

 

The one nice thing for Yixing is his parents never got angry with him, he did what he was told and then let it be, he had a feeling though that Joonmyun, judging by what their father said earlier had changed a lot.

 

“So what?! He can leave the table during a “family” talk and if I do I get grounded for a month?!” Joonmyun was beyond pissed.

 

“Joonmyun, please stop shouting.” Their mother said softly.

 

“Unbelievable.” Joonmyun grumbled as he slumped back in his seat.

 

“I’m sorry, but I was considering what Yixing asked, but with the way your acting, I think it would be good for you two to share a room now, maybe Yixing can teach you some manners.” Their father said and then their mother simply nodded her head.

 

“We’re going to start moving tomorrow night so once we get home start packing your stuff.”

 

Yixing was standing at the top of the stairs out of sight as he listened “Damnit, I thought we wouldn’t have to share a room.” He frowned to himself before walking back to his room.

 

Yixing slumped on his bed and turned to face the wall bringing his knees to his chest, he closed his eyes and tried to think of happy things, anything that would distract him from the fact that he would be living in the same room as Joonmyun starting tomorrow night.

 

Yixing then heard his phone buzzing from his nightstand, he turned and reached for it, a new message.

 

I hope I’m not interrupting anything, I just wanted to say hi >:3

 

Yixing let out a small giggled, it was from Kris.

 

You’re not and hi \^w^/

 

Cute

 

Yixing smiled and felt his cheeks heat up, Kris seemed to be good at making him blush.

 

Thank you

 

Of course, I just wanted to text you and say hi, but I have to go now, I’ll see you at school in the morning : ) goodnight Xing, sleep well.

 

Goodnight Kris, I’ll see you tomorrow too, sweet dreams.

 

Yixing smiled and held his phone to his chest, maybe high school won’t be so bad after all.

 

------------------ ~w~

First chapter is up o.o I'm gonna go hide now x.x Idk if I want to know what you guys thinnk o.o But, it's worth a shot:)

Thanks all~!

TaeTae<3