Reason to Hate #8: Noona is pushing it too far

☠x The Noona Hater x☠
warning: bizarre chapter ahead.

I stomped over to homeroom today.
 
Today will be a bad day. I just know it.
 
First, I actually slipped on that stupid strawberry milk on my porch. I don't even know why it was there in the first place!
I mean, we didn't sign up for any milk delivery.
Or maybe...My eyes narrowed.
 
Seungho oppa did.
 
Stupid oppa! All grown up and still ordering freaking milks! And strawberry at that!
 
Ha! Yeah, next time I'll have an attack against you oppa, once you throw around that I'm so manly stuff of yours. You are so gonna get it!
 
Another reason I'm pissed off is because it was just this morning that I realized that Taemin ditched me.
Again!
 
I mean, I know he didn't go yesterday...but I was so into my games you know?
I was just kinda busy to mull over the fact that he did that to me again.
Anyway...that only made me more determined to make him go later.
I don't care where. My house, his house, the library...as long as we do it together!
 
Speaking of...
 
"Taemin-ah!" I shouted, going over to their tablein the cafeteria.
 
"Hello, Aya." Minho greeted me.
 
"Hello." I looked at him briefly and sat across Taemin.
He was staring at his lunch with an unexplainable expression.
"Taemin-ah!" I said again.
He still looked dazed with his lunch.
Oh, if only he would look at me the way he's looking at his lunch...
But then, maybe not. Since he was looking at his lunch with kind of a disgusted expression.
 
"Why are you here, Aya?" Key asked me.
 
"I want to ask Onew to the prom." I said sarcastically, making a face.
 
"Omo." Onew smiled, he actually looked cute.
"I'd love to go with you, Aya!"
 
I looked at him with an ARE YOU SERIOUS?! face.
"I was kidding, Onew. We don't even have any proms coming up."
 
"Oh."
 
"And as if I'm gonna ask you." I retorted.
He actually pouted. Ha! He really is so cute...
God, why oh why did you make me like Taemin and not this dork over here who seems nice enough anyway?!
 
"Yah! Don't do that to hyung!" Jonghyun comforted Onew.
 
"I'm really heartbroken now." Onew made a broken heart shape with his hands.
I ignored him and faced Taemin again.
 
"What's wrong Minnie?" Minho looked at him with concern, draping an arm around their maknae's shoulders.
I looked at him suspiciously, this dude better NOT be putting the moves on MY MAN!
"Hyung~" Taemin looked at Minho, pouting and leaning closer.
I almost fainted.
 
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!
ARE THESE TWO ACTUALLY HAVING A MOMENT?!
HOW COME TAEMIN AND I DON'T HAVE MOMENTS LIKE THAT?!
ASDFGHJKL.
Minho is now officially in my hitlist!
 
"Are you guys gay--"
 
"Hyung~" Taemin cut me off, ignoring me completely.
"I don't like my lunch. I don't even know what this is." He squinted his eyes at his lunch box.
 
"Who packed it for you?" Key asked.
 
"My ahjumma. Mom was sick."
 
"Let me see your lunch." Taemin gladly handed it over.
"Omo. But these are mushrooms, Taemin! Don't you like mushrooms?"
 
"MUSHROOMS?!" Taemin made a face. "Blech!"
 
"Minnie!" Key scolded him.
 
He pouted again. "I don't like mushrooms. They don't even look good."
 
"But you look like a mushroom." I said absently.
 
He glared at me. "I do not!"
 
"It's either that or you look like my prince charming." I continued nonchalantly.
 
He put his head in his hands.
"Aish. Why must you give me fangirls like this?!" He looked up to the ceiling.
 
"I ain't no fangirl. I'm not even an OC!" I said indignantly.
He just rolled his eyes.
"Here Taem. Have my cookies!" Onew beamed up at him. "They're homemade."
 
"Yayyy!" Taemin looked so adorable.
 
"You bake cookies?!" I looked at Onew in disbelief and surreptiously took a cookie.
 
"Yeah. Sometimes. With Key!" He looked at Key affectionately while Key just smiled his D shape smile which looked so irresistable.
 
My mouth gaped open.
ARE THESE TWO HAVING A MOMENT AS WELL?!
WHAT KIND OF FRIENDSHIP DO THESE FIVE HAVE ANYWAY?!
IS JJONG THE ONLY STRAIGHT ONE?!?
*hyperventilating*
 
"Aya, are you okay?" Minho was peering at me worriedly.
 
"asdfghjkl." I mumbled, feeling dizzy and taking a cookie again.
 
"So that's why you didn't show up yesterday?!" Jonghyun looked annoyed.
"We were supposed to do something together! I even wore those pajamas and prepared the bed and stuff! I waited all night and there you are, JUST FREAKING BAKING COOKIES!" He slammed his hands on the table.
"I canNOT believe you stood me up for Key!"
 
“But we also baked brownies! Not just cookies! And we even put whipped creams on them. That was really something new. Keke.” Onew was telling all of this fondly.
 
"OMG! WHAT WERE YOU TWO SUPPOSED TO BE DOING?!" I bursted out. This is just too much for me to take.
Too much. Too much. Too much.
My imagination...it is opening and letting loose such y thoughts like Panda's box!
Oh wait. It's Pandora.
 
But still! OMG!
 
ARE THESE FIVE SOMEHOW...
 
"Minnie! You can't have cookies for lunch!" Key scolded him, slapping Taemin's hands away from the cookies.
 
"Buuuuttt~ UMMA!" He pouted, using aegyo.
 
"Won't work, Taemin!" Key closed his eyes to shield himself from Taemin's Aegyo Attack.
 
"Umma, open your eyes~ pleaseee~" Taemin the aegyo full force.
 
"No. You're like the medusa on these things. I. WILL. NOT. GIVE. IN!" Key said with determination.
 
"I'll give you the cookies, Minnie." Minho stared at Taemin, tilting his head to the side, obviously taken with Taemin's aegyo.
 
"Nooooo! Choi Minho! You will have to face my wrath later if you do this!" Key warned.
 
"I am sorry Taemin. You cannot have cookies." Minho suddenly said, emotionless.
 
"Aish." Taemin ruffled his hair.
 
I continued to eat while watching all of these. Even though the four of them were probably gay, (TAEMIN WILL NEVER BE GAY! NEVEEERRR!) it was kinda entertaining.
 
Taemin continued to plead with Key until he finally gave in.
"Fine. But you need to eat 3 spoons of your lunch first." He crossed his arms and looked at Taemin with beady eyes.
 
"Eh?!" Taemin sighed. "Fine." He shoved three spoons of mushrooms in his mouth and forcefully chewed and swallowed them.
"UGH." He shuddered.
 
"Good boy! You can have your cookies now." Key looked pleased.
 
"Where are the cookies?" Jonghyun looked around.
 
"Oh. They're right here." I gave them the container absently.
"Yay!" Taemin took it happily.
"Wait. THE COOKIES ARE ALL GONE!!!" He looked at me furiously.
"NOONA! YOU ATE ALL THE COOKIES!!!" He looked like he was going to strangle me.
 
"Eh?" I looked at him, surprised. I didn't notice I ate all the cookies AT ALL.
"Hehe...sorry. You can have my lunch, minnie." I handed him my lunch box which Seungho oppa prepared for me.
"I need to go now." I said quickly. "Err..Taemin. We need to do our project! Later! 4:00pm, alright? At the library! Be there, okay?!" I said hurriedly before he gets more angry at me.
 
Then my eyes landed on Key fixing Jonghyun's hair.
"OH MY GOD! STOP HAVING MOMENTS ALREADY!" I bursted out again and flew out of the cafeteria.
 
--
 
"What's wrong with her?" Key wondered.
 
"My cookies..." Taemin sniffed.
 
"Yeah. She was so freaking out a while ago with me getting mad at Onew hyung. I was like, are you affected aya-sshi?" Jonghyun shook his head.
 
"Hmm...yeah. What were your plans anyway?" Minho asked.
Taemin started to open Aya's lunchbox.
 
"Onew hyung knows a thing or two about feng shui. He was going to spend the night in my room so he can help me move things around." Jonghyun shrugged.
 
"Ah. You have to help me too, hyung!" Minho looked excited.
 
"Hey! He was mine first!" Jjong frowned. "Tonight, hyung?"
 
"Definitely." Onew said, shoving two chicken nuggets in his mouth.
 
"YAH! THESE ARE TOMATOES! I'M ALLERGIC TO TOMATOES!" Taemin wailed upon seeing Aya's lunch.
"Who the heck eats tomatoes for lunch?" He complained.
"Mean noona...eating my cookies and giving me tomatoes... -.-"
 
"Aigoo." Minho laughed. "Come on. I'll just treat you to chips and banana milk. You like that, right?"
 
Taemin brightened up. "Yay!"
 
*KRRINNGGGGG.
 
"Oops. Looks like lunchtime is over, Minnie. Some other time then, huh? Byeeee~" His hyungs walked out of the cafeteria while Taemin stood there, in a daze.
"B-but...what about my banana milk? HYUNGGGGG!"
 
--
 
Aya's POV
 
"Out of my way!" I shoved a guy who was blocking my way in order to reach the library faster.
 
"Yah! Oucchh!"
 
I looked behind me.
Oops, I accidentally pushed Niel. Oh well, who cares?!
"Sorry!" I called out and sprinted away.
 
Gotta be early for my date project!
 
--
 
I tapped my fingernails against the desk.
Hmm...where the heck is Taemin?! It's 4:30 pm already!
Is he seriously going to ditch me again?!
 
Wait...he did get the fact that I was trying to invite him in the library to do the project, right?
I mean, he wasn't that distracted over the cookies...right? Right? RIGHT???
 
OMG. WHAT IF HE WAS DISTRACTED OVER THE COOKIES AND HE DIDN'T HEAR ME INVITING HIM?!
I tapped my nails faster.
AND WHAT IF HE'S GOING HOME RIGHT NOW BECAUSE HE HAS NO IDEA I ASKED HIM TO DO THE PROJECT?!
I glanced down at my nails.
asdfghjkl.
 
I accidentally ruined my manicure! Eew! Stupid table!
I immediately hid my embarrassing hands.
 
Taemin really better show up!
 
I sighed and looked around. There are actually some people around the library at this time?
 
Wow. They are seriously hardworking! Ooh~ and look! I think I see L. Joe there! In the corner!
I stood up and tried to take a peek at what he's doing, I mean, L. Joe is one of the popular guys in school.
I wonder what he's doing at the library? He's not exactly a top student.
 
Ooh~ I tiptoed closer and poke my head in and...
OMG.
L. JOE IS MAKING OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE!
asdfghjkl.
I quickly looked away and hurried to my table.
 
Ugh. That figures.
 
Oh well, I will now spy at some other people while I'm waiting!
 
Ooh. And look! There's the librarian! Doing...library stuff...
Boring.
 
Ooh~ a study group! Consisting of CNU, Onew, Soyeon, and Boram!
Nerddds.
 
Hmmm...what else?
The library is so boring! Maybe I should just see what L. Joe is doing again!
And maybe I can see how he does that kissy stuff which I can never describe accurately in my fic!
 
Lalalala~
 
Ooh..so that's how. The guy holds the girl's waist and...
 
"What are you doing?"
 
I jumped to the sound of someone's voice behind me.
"OMO! I SWEAR IT'S JUST FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY!! CROSS MY HEART!" I said guiltily.
I was met with a blank look.
"Taemin!" I felt my heart flutter.
"You actually came!" I was so happy, I almost hugged him but then he frowned and sighed.
"Let's get this over with." and he walked to a table and placed his bag on it.
 
I hurriedly sat across him and surreptiously checked my mirror to see for any flaws.
Hmm...nope! Perfect as always. Hohoho.
OMG! I completely forgot about my chipped manicure! I immediately hid my left hand from his sight.
 
"So?" He looked at me, bored.
 
"So?" I repeated sweetly.
 
"I thought we were going to do the project?"
 
"We are!" I said brightly.
 
"So where's the materials?"
 
"Uhmmm..." I honestly don't have any art materials at all.
Oh wait!
 
"Here!" I said proudly and took out my colored notebook (hey! it has dividers with 5 different colors! Cool, huh?) and my colored pens.
"Yay!" I said happily. "Now we can start!"
 
But Taemin just looks weirded out.
"What the heck are those?"
 
"Our materials!" I said brightly.
 
"You've got to be kidding me. Do you seriously think we are able to do something with those?" He looked annoyed.
 
"Why not?" I pouted, since he was insulting my multi colored pens which I love so much.
 
"Listen, noona." He looked at me seriously.
"I take my subjects seriously. This is no time to fool around. If you can't be freaking serious about this project, then I'm going solo."
 
I pursed my lips. Why is he so mean?
"I am being serious." I said quietly.
 
He looked at me for a while and sighed.
"Fine. Let's just take down our ideas huh?"
 
I nodded. "Okay."
 
"You start." He gestured to my notebook and pen.
 
"Okay..." I stared blankly at the notebook.
What should I write? How will I impress Taemin?!
 
Hmm...must think hard!
 
"Taemin-ah~!"
I looked up.
 
Oh no, she didn't!
It's Suzy. From class 3-B. A dongsaeng and therefore should be ignored. Hmpf.
 
"Hey." Taemin smirked, obviously turning up the charm.
I frowned.
 
"I missed you~" Suzy cooed and sat beside him and Taemin leaned over to whisper something in her ear while she giggled.
I glared at Suzy. I cannot believe they're flirting while I'M HERE!
 
"Ahem." I coughed out loud.
 
Taemin glanced at me.
"Did you think of something yet?" He looked at me pointedly.
 
"No."
 
"Then..." He shrugged and went back to flirting with Suzy.
 
"Uh, hello? I thought we're going to do our project!" I crossed my arms while glaring at Suzy more.
 
He draped an arm around Suzy's shoulders.
"Yeah. But I said that you could start with the ideas, right? You shouldn't have asked me to come here if you're unprepared."
I flinched. Fine. I'm going to think of such great ideas that he'll be blown away.
 
"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked Suzy coldly.
 
"She's with me." Taemin said lazily.
"Stay, Suzy."
I gritted my teeth and they continued to flirt.
 
"Oppa!"
I looked up.
Another junior. I swear, I can just kick these who keep on snatching MY Taemin's attention!
 
"Sulli." Taemin greeted her and Sulli sat on the chair beside Taemin.
Now he has a girl on each side.
 
Seriously?
Is he just going to flirt with girls while I'm just here across from him?
 
When he so clearly knows how much I like him? ):
 
"Taemin..." I tried again, in a softer voice, because believe it or not, even though I may act like I'm so bubbly at times, I'm a girl too.
I get hurt too.
And right now, my heart is breaking in a million pieces.
 
"Any ideas yet?" Taemin looked at me, bored.
 
I looked down.
I heard him sigh and I heard him whispering again, to Stupid Sulli or ty Suzy, I have no idea.
I don't want to look at them anymore.
So I just absently began writing in my notebook.
 
 
Aya Toma.
Aya Toma-Lee.
Aya Lee.
Mrs. Lee Taemin.
Today is Friday...This day ...
I saw L. Joe making out with—
 
I looked up when I heard disgusting sounds.
Taemin was kissing Suzy.
 
I swallowed. This is too much.
I can let go flirting and whispering infront of me but not this anymore.
 
"Do you want me to give you guys privacy?!" I said sarcastically, glaring at Taemin this time.
 
He stopped kissing her and and smiled at me.
"Yes, please."
 
I felt my face go red and I took a deep breath.
I can vaguely feel my eyes tearing up and I bit my lip.
"Sure. Anything for you." I said sarcastically as well and gathered my things.
 
"Are you crying?" Taemin asked and I looked at him, expecting even a little sympathy.
 
"Why do you care?!" I said.
 
"I don't." He said, emotionless.
"This is me, noona. If you can't handle it, then that's not my fault anymore. Don't cry. I'm not yours to begin with." I noticed the way he emphasized the word noona or the way his voice was so cold, as if I did something so wrong to him and he was taking revenge.
 
I held back a sob, having no words to say and stormed off the library.
I ran and ran, until I reached the benches outside and that's where I broke down.
 
For the first time, a guy made me cry.
 
Why is Taemin like that towards me? Sure, I may irritate him sometimes, but I have not done anything genuinely so wrong to make him act this way towards me.
 
I sniffed. Oh great, of all days, I choose to forget my hanky, it has to be freaking today.
I blindly reached for my bag, hoping I have a tissue somewhere.
 
"Here."
 
I looked up and saw a hanky being offered to me.
I looked at the owner and the sweet, concerned voice that had stopped me from my search.
 
It was Onew.
 
"Thanks." I said, taking his hanky unashamedly and blowing my nose into it, sniffing.
 
"Are you okay?" He asked gently and sat beside me.
 
"Oh yes! I’m totally fine right now. In fact, I’m JUST SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!" I almost shouted, frustrated. I know I sounded rude but I'm just really upset right now.
 
"I'm sorry..." He murmured.
"I saw what happened...at the library." He sounds embarrassed.
I felt my face flame up. He saw? Oh, right, he was there. With his study group.
 
"So?" I said, still sniffing.
 
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked quietly.
 
I looked at him.
"Talk?"
 
He nodded then brightened up.
"I know how to make you feel better!" He opened his bag and took out something.
Oh, it's a...thermos?
"Drinking this always makes me feel better." He opened it and pour me a cup.
Oh. It's tea~
 
"Thank you." I looked at him gratefully.
Onew really is great! Even though I was rude to him and stuff, he's still so nice.
I desperately wish he was the guy I like instead of their stupid, selfish, maknae.
 
"Tea's great, huh?" He smiled.
 
"Yeah..." I continued to sip.
 
"I know this sounds weird," He started.
"But I actually want to ask for your understanding on behalf of Taemin."
 
"What?" I looked at him weirdly.
 
He smiled slightly. "There's a reason why Taemin is like that. Why he's mean and heartless when it comes to noonas. Believe me, you weren't the first noona that expressed interest in our maknae." He said softly.
"There were lots, like you. Yup…I remember that one. She’s really pretty…actually, she was my type! But then…she liked Taemin more…” He pouted.
“but anyway, like the rest, she got turned down coldly. Frankly, I'm surprised and amazed you managed to hold it together despite his actions towards you." He looked at me.
 
"Well...it wasn't easy."
 
"I know. But I want you to know that Taemin wasn't always like that. He's always been a sweet, nice kid. To everyone. To his classmates, his friends, his dongsaengs, even to noonas!"
 
"What happened then? What made him like that?"
 
He sighed. "Taemin fell in love once. It was the only time he actually really liked somebody. She was a noona though and they had always been closed. That girl..." He shook his head.
"She's pretty, smart, and nice. It's no wonder Taemin fell for her."
 
"Then?" I asked, looking down at my almost empty cup.
 
"Then..." Onew looked at my cup and poured me another serving.
"Then...he decided to confess. His plan was really detailed, really elaborate. He even got a part-time job to fund it all. He was so excited for that day. I remember it all." He said wistfully.
"How he was so nervous, how he was so looking forward because he knew that their noona-dongsaeng relationship will end soon. He asked for our help, actually. He took his chances and confessed in front of many people. But..."
 
"But?" I asked, almost afraid that what I had in mind and what he was going to say would match.
 
"But...she rejected him. Saying that she'll never see him as someone more than a dongsaeng. That she can't return that kind of love."
 
"Oh." My heart ached for Taemin. So that's why he's like that.
 
"She didn't reject him cruelly or something like that. She said it nicely but still, a rejection is a rejection. Taemin wasn't able to handle it very properly. He then convinced himself that noonas are like that. Heartless, insensitive...you know the rest." He sighed again.
 
"But!" I protested. "Not all noonas are like that girl! I'm not like that!"
 
He looked at me and smiled slightly.
"Then, perhaps, would you be willing to prove youself to Taemin a little bit more?"
 
"Prove...myself?"
 
"Can you handle him? What he does, how he does things. Like awhile ago in the library, can you handle that? If not...then..." He shook his head.
"Because Taemin won't change so quickly. It's going to take a lot to be who he used to be."
 
"I'm..." I looked down at my tea.
"I'm willing." I said, trying to muster up courage and confidence.
"I'm willing to take on whatever Taemin does. Even if it will hurt." I murmured the last part.
Now I understand completely. Why he was like that. Why he's so cold and heartless.
But I know that underneath it all, he's still the same sweet and nice Lee Taemin.
 
I just know it.
 
I stood up and nodded, making a fighting sign, filled with new resolve.
I was vaguely aware of Onew staring up at me, probably weirded out by what I was suddenly doing, but I don't care.
 
Taemin needs help.
 
Therefore, I, Aya Toma, will do everything I can to make Taemin the way he was before.
 
"I will do it!" I exclaimed, suddenly feeling happy.
 
Onew smiled at me widely.
"I knew it. Good luck, Aya."
 
I smiled back at Onew, suddenly he doesn't look like that dorky nerd anymore.
"Hey, Onew." I grinned and pointed at him dramatically, feeling like a heroine.
"You'll help me, right?"
 
His eyes twinkled and he stood up too and made the fighting gesture.
"Definitely."
 
"Great!" I beamed at him.
"You can be my sidekick!" I nodded importantly.
 
He made a face. "Sidekick? Butttt I wanna be the main hero!"
I ignored his complaints and thought to myself.
Don't worry, Taemin.
I picked up my stuff and started to walk away, faintly hearing Onew's shouts at me to wait for him.
"Ayaaa! Wait!!"
 
I turned to Onew and pointed my pink pen at him.
"I am so going to make sure before this school year ends, Lee Taemin will love noonas again.
I promise." I said determinedly.
 
"Great!" Onew panted, out of breath. What a dork. He didn't even run that much.
 
"Yah, Onew. You can't get tired easily! You're my sidekick!" I scolded.
 
"Sorry." He said.
I shook my head. Oh well, at least my sidekick's cute and smart.
 
Now all I need...is a plan.
Reason to Hate #8: Noona is pushing it too far
Reason to Hate #8: Noona is pushing it too far and needs to be taught a lesson.

you have (1) HATE MAIL
taemin_icon_by_xbluestars-d3g7se6.png
This is bizarre because Taemin's personality suddenly had a 360-degree turn. Lol. I don't know, it was just time for mean Taem to come back. Oops. Poor Aya, but knowing this girl, she'd be able to handle this.
 
Right? :)
 
Ooh! and did you guys see your cameo? Haha >_< and it says you're a noona. pfft. let's just pretend you are one, when you're not really. >______< keke.