chapter 2

snow white

  "Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"

 
  "My Queen, you are no longer the fairest in this Kingdom, for there is one fairer than you." 


  "Who is it?" The Queen has never been this angry. 


  "It is Byun Baekhyun My Queen."


  "He was the epitome of beauty, and a wonderful creature. Everyone marvelled at him. Called him porcelain doll, even. He was born here and left 2 years ago, before you were Queen, to a foreign land. And then he came back 2 days ago on his white horse and caught everyone's attention. A pity he wasn't in a shining armour, they said. He, My Queen is the fairest......" 


  "Shut up." The Queen hollered. The mirror fell silent. 


  "How dare he." The raging Queen was not one to be trifled with.


  "Look at you Kyungsoo, why get angry over an ignorant creature..." The mirror started.


  "Do not call me by my name. Or you shall suffer." 


  "I am sorry, My Queen. But there is no need to get so angry over a nobody."


  "Just kill him." It was short and sweet.


  Just kill him. 


  In this Kingdom where The Queen had absolute power, it was not hard to kill someone. She did not even have to lift a finger to do so.


  And so, just kill him. 


  "Chanyeol." The Queen summoned him, for the first time in so many years.


  "I want to see this Byun Baekhyun in person." 


  Byun Baekhyun, the name rang a bell. 


  Byun Baekhyun, the boy Chanyeol dreamt of every night without fail. 


  Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol's childhood sweetheart. 


  Byun Baekhyun, the boy who was in love with Chanyeol before The Queen so shamelessly snatched Chanyeol away. 


  Byun Baekhyun, the boy Chanyeol vowed to protect with his own life.